Cleveland Zoo

Cleveland Zoo

This is a discussion on Cleveland Zoo within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know if it's posted. I'm going there on Saturday and if I can't take my gun in I'll leave it at home....

Thread: Cleveland Zoo

VIP Member

Cleveland Zoo

Anyone know if it's posted. I'm going there on Saturday and if I can't take my gun in I'll leave it at home.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Anyone know if it's posted. I'm going there on Saturday and if I can't take my gun in I'll leave it at home.
    Any chance you can call ahead to find out? A car safe would be nice just in case.
    Mitch Rapp is my hero (reference to the Vince Flynn novels)

RIP Vince! Going to miss your novels! :(

Not sure if its posted but ive carried there at least 7 times. Dont remember ever seeing a sign
    Nothing begins, and nothing ends, That is not paid with moan; For we are born in others pain And perish in our own.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Read the Codified Ordinances of Cleavland

Public - 627. 09.

Also see 627.04
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Administrator
    Its been a few years since I've been there, but I carried there before without issue.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Like others have said, just call ahead or check Ohio's silly laws. A couple of months ago, the wife and I attended a wedding in Cleveland. The reception and the wedding were held at a hotel in Cleveland. I was un-aware that the hotel was affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic. I didn't see the notice stateing the carrying of a firearm was unauthorized UNTIL we were picking up our car from valet. Oh well... Being from MI, I was very careful while in OH. Ya know how much we get along...;)

Do everyone a favor. DON'T CALL AHEAD! If they aren't posted, you'll just get them thinking about it. Know the law and carry within it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think signs have legal weight in Ohio.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    Do everyone a favor. DON'T CALL AHEAD! If they aren't posted, you'll just get them thinking about it. Know the law and carry within it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think signs have legal weight in Ohio.
    You're wrong. They do.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Cleveland Zoo is owned and operated by the Cleveland MetroParks, a political subdivision of the state. Therefore, like any publically owned park in Ohio, the outside areas are legal but the buildings will be off-limits (excluding shelters and stand-alone restrooms).

Since Ohio has preemption, at least for the moment, anything the City of Cleveland or the Cleveland Metroparks have to say about the matter is meaningless.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtroha View Post
    The Cleveland Zoo is owned and operated by the Cleveland MetroParks, a political subdivision of the state. Therefore, like any publically owned park in Ohio, the outside areas are legal but the buildings will be off-limits (excluding shelters and stand-alone restrooms).

Since Ohio has preemption, at least for the moment, anything the City of Cleveland or the Cleveland Metroparks have to say about the matter is meaningless.
    That's what I was thinking and i didn't want to sway anyone with my opinion. I went today and left my gun at home. I'm glad I did because most of the buildings had gunbuster signs.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

you are good to go, as long as you arnt going into the city owned buildings

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtroha View Post

It seems like Cleavland is still a good place to get harassed by the cops while State preemption is at issue.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7394
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

we go there often, all the buildings are posted. no sign at the entrance or parking area. all the inside exhibits are cpz.

Links