Defensive Carry banner

Cell phones while carrying !

4K views 44 replies 43 participants last post by  Al.40cal 
#1 ·
This might sound very simple but some people who carry , don't think about it .

Where do you keep your cell phone while carrying a weapon ?

Myself i wear 5.11's that have a simple pocket for it on my support side. But I've been watching some guys who carry and they have it on the same side the carry there weapon. Why ive been thinking about this is , if your draw your weapon during an incounter with a B.G. and have your gun in your right hand and your phone is in your right pocket might be tuff to get to your phone if u needed it fast .

just a thought ive been having while watching other and thought i would pass it on , hope it helps someone .

#5 ·
Carrying a cell phone is imperative if ever in a need to use your weapon. I do carry mine on my opposite side of my carry piece most of the time but to me the threat is an all more important task to take care of at the moment, 911 is the very next step.

Ti.

#7 ·
In winter months it lives in my open shirt top pocket - this time of year when the vest is my concealement cover - lower left pocket in front. Trouble is that means mouse BUG (NAA) has to live strong side!

As I posted tho in another recent thread - lot of darned good it'll be in many spots round here - with near zero signal :frown:

#8 ·
DITTO: Get A Cell Phone.

If you don't have one get a cheapie $19.95 phone & buy some minutes for it. There may be possible times when you will need to be the first person to call 911 to report an incident.

That being said I stuff mine into any available pocket anong with other assorted crap & mine looks like it was found on a battlefield but, what the heck...it's only a doggone plastic phone and not a priceless art object. I don't care what it looks like as long as it works.

#9 ·
Left hip, generally just in front of the front pocket.

I agree with previous posters.....comm is critical (countless battles have been lost due to degraded or insufficient comms). Remember that private citizens or off-duty LEO's won't have the advantage of having a radio on-person or in a radio/squad car to call for the cavalry. So that cell phone maybe all that's available.

....make sure it's charged too!

#10 ·
Clipped to left front pocket. Take that cell phone everywhere. Leave it by the bed at night. It can prevent a shooting. It can also summon the cavalry.

#12 ·
Clipped to left front belt, 5 inches in front of mag holder... It is bad form to try to reload a Glock or 1911 with your cell phone, although a guy at the range the other day almost succeeded!

#14 ·
It's easy to have 911 access with a cell phone, even without having service activated with a carrier. Any cell phone, if it's workable and the battery is charged, will work for 911, even when it is not activated with a carrier.

If you don't have cell phone service, get someone's old phone when they upgrade, keep it charged up and use it for 911 only.

#17 ·
Right handed so Primary carry on right hip. Keys and money clip in right front pocket. Left front pocket BUG-Kel-Tec P32 in K&D Pocket Defender. In front of left front pocket at about 10 cell phone is clipped to belt. Use the little Samsonite shell case from Wally World.

#18 ·
I guess I'm a little backwards because...

I have two mags in my left pocket with a surefire flash light and I have my cell on my strong side just because I would be digging for to much with my left. Assuming I had a bad guy at gun point I would get him to turn and lie on his stomach spread eagle, switch hands and grab the cell out of my right pocket.

But that's the best I've figured out so far and I've tried to figure other options to have my cell on the left, but just doesn't work

#22 ·
I hope we got the idea across to some of the people that don't carry one and also why we should keep on the support side. Well I hope we did. God forbid we get into a shoot i would hope , we ( legally armed citizens ) would be the first to call police and describe yourself to the police prior to there arival so the responding officers dont get you confused with a B.G.

If you all havent read it theres a great story in the USCCA mag couple months ago by Steve Krystek from www.PFCtraining.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.