Cell phones while carrying !

This is a discussion on Cell phones while carrying ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This might sound very simple but some people who carry , don't think about it . Where do you keep your cell phone while carrying ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell phones while carrying !

Cell phones while carrying !

This might sound very simple but some people who carry , don't think about it .

Where do you keep your cell phone while carrying a weapon ?

Myself i wear 5.11's that have a simple pocket for it on my support side. But I've been watching some guys who carry and they have it on the same side the carry there weapon. Why ive been thinking about this is , if your draw your weapon during an incounter with a B.G. and have your gun in your right hand and your phone is in your right pocket might be tuff to get to your phone if u needed it fast .

just a thought ive been having while watching other and thought i would pass it on , hope it helps someone .

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I don't normally carry a cell phone.

Right Pocket with my Car keys i vary front to rear pocket.. But since im a lefty thats best place for me

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    My primary gun is just behind my right hip, IWB carry. My secondary is usually in my left hand front pocket. Cellphone is carried in a Uncle Mikes nylon cellphone holder, clipped to my belt on left hip.

Carrying a cell phone is imperative if ever in a need to use your weapon. I do carry mine on my opposite side of my carry piece most of the time but to me the threat is an all more important task to take care of at the moment, 911 is the very next step.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    When I have one, it's on my left side somewhere (usually in a pocket). Hadn't thought about the need to draw the phone fast, but it's something to consider.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    In winter months it lives in my open shirt top pocket - this time of year when the vest is my concealement cover - lower left pocket in front. Trouble is that means mouse BUG (NAA) has to live strong side!

As I posted tho in another recent thread - lot of darned good it'll be in many spots round here - with near zero signal
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

DITTO: Get A Cell Phone.

If you don't have one get a cheapie $19.95 phone & buy some minutes for it. There may be possible times when you will need to be the first person to call 911 to report an incident.

That being said I stuff mine into any available pocket anong with other assorted crap & mine looks like it was found on a battlefield but, what the heck...it's only a doggone plastic phone and not a priceless art object. I don't care what it looks like as long as it works.

VIP Member
    Left hip, generally just in front of the front pocket.

I agree with previous posters.....comm is critical (countless battles have been lost due to degraded or insufficient comms). Remember that private citizens or off-duty LEO's won't have the advantage of having a radio on-person or in a radio/squad car to call for the cavalry. So that cell phone maybe all that's available.

....make sure it's charged too!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Clipped to left front pocket. Take that cell phone everywhere. Leave it by the bed at night. It can prevent a shooting. It can also summon the cavalry.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Don't leave home without one and it's clipped to my left pants pocket or next to me in the car.

Clipped to left front belt, 5 inches in front of mag holder... It is bad form to try to reload a Glock or 1911 with your cell phone, although a guy at the range the other day almost succeeded!

VIP Member
    My weapon covers part of my front right pockrt so I carry my cell phone in the left front pocket.

It's easy to have 911 access with a cell phone, even without having service activated with a carrier. Any cell phone, if it's workable and the battery is charged, will work for 911, even when it is not activated with a carrier.

If you don't have cell phone service, get someone's old phone when they upgrade, keep it charged up and use it for 911 only.

I carry my phone in my left front pants pocket right along with my car keys. My pants are loose enough I kinda forget its in there sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links