She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

This is a discussion on She Knows Her Stuff (vid) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN Why do all of the women making these videos all unload their guns? What point is there in doing that? They ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Why do all of the women making these videos all unload their guns? What point is there in doing that?

They are not going to carry their guns unloaded, are they?

Seems rather pointless to me.
    Interesting.

Do you practice your draw and aim at home with a loaded gun?

I dont. This way, I can work out problems and issues, speed and angles, without the possibility of ND. I only practice loaded at IDPA practice.

But YMMV

I thought this was a great video and will consider more on-body carry.

OTOH, one thing that I dont think people realize is that, if done properly, drawing from a purse can definitely be faster than many of the options she showed. As well as some holster draws that men do.

I'm not criticising at all, just pointing out. I dont have to move a garment out of my way if I am in Condition Red or even Orange. Or Yellow. I can have my hand on my gun anytime I want...and no one is the wiser. If I am walking to my car, my hand can be (and often is at nite) on my gun in it's holster in my purse. With my purse anchored at my left hip with my left hand (cross-shoulder carry for purse), I can draw very quickly with my right hand. I can also do so (unzip, grab gun, and draw) with only my right hand.

Yes, I know the main objection is that your purse can be stolen. However my gun is to protect my life and person, not my purse. If someone mugs me for my purse....I hand it over and run in the opposite direction. The gun and some cards may be lost (I carry little cash). Oh well, that would definitely stink.

Purse carry isnt all bad. It even has some advantages. And I dont even like carrying a purse! I used to avoid it when possible, now sometimes I do it just to make sure I have my 9mm.
    Last edited by JD; October 9th, 2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: mergerd posts
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

WIth the right setup, you can shoot right through the purse without drawing at all.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Why do all of the women making these videos all unload their guns? What point is there in doing that?

They are not going to carry their guns unloaded, are they?

Seems rather pointless to me.
    This has already been addressed, but I am thinking, are you kidding. You never want to be doing demos with loaded weapons.

On another note, I wish I could wear thigh holsters.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Listen guys, let's remember that we have lots of women on this forum and as a woman myself who also does these kinds of videos I appreciate her willingness to show how she does things.

However, I'm sure she (just like me) does not appreciate the comments about her body, legs, distraction, etc.

It's disrespectful and our membership is better than that.

Let's respect her as a fellow carrier who's trying to get the word out and leave it at that.

Keep it clean, fellas.
    Thank you. She did a great job and I am sure helped a lot of people. Keep the juvenile comments to yourself, please.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Cool vid, but she should trade in one of her lesser used holsters on a tripod.

Why do all of the women making these videos all unload their guns?
    They do it for the same reason men do. The first thing you do is show the viewer that the gun is safe for handling, which promotes safety and reduces liability.

Also, while a remark of mine above was meant in a lighthearted fashion, no disrespect was meant toward the woman - she's a smart gunowner and has put some serious time and effort into CC. I'd like to gently protest in my own defense that the observation that a draw from a thigh rig can be a distraction was a solid comment and no "ha-ha" about it. That was deadly serious.

Because it applies to each and every one of us: As defenders, it is likely that we'll have to react to a threat, we won't be initiating the festivities. The element of surprise will usually be in the other fellow's court. We have to train on the assumption that we may be drawing on the drop, even if the threat is only a sharpened screwdriver. Misdirection and distraction are critical elements of defense and can be vital in gaining the second or two needed to secure a firearm and get it into the game. I practice these regularly and it's likely that most of you do as well.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Wonder if she is single? ;)
    LOL - she wasn't wearing a ring.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post

Yes, I know the main objection is that your purse can be stolen. However my gun is to protect my life and person, not my purse. If someone mugs me for my purse....I hand it over and run in the opposite direction. The gun and some cards may be lost (I carry little cash). Oh well, that would definitely stink.
    The next victim of that bg may not have the same attitude when he's looking down the barrel of your gun.

My dad always taught me that I was responsible for my gun. That meant keeping it away from anyone who might not use it correctly.

Something to think about.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Well done...I wish I could get my wife to 'seriously' watch this...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    The next victim of that bg may not have the same attitude when he's looking down the barrel of your gun.

My dad always taught me that I was responsible for my gun. That meant keeping it away from anyone who might not use it correctly.

Something to think about.
    I agree a criminal with a new gun to go rob someone with. No thanks... ON body carry is much safer in this regard.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Great video! I'll be passing that along, thank you for posting it.

I am warming up to the idea of thigh and ankle holsters. I have chosen the route of changing my dress habits, but she sure gets the point across that there are other options for girly outfits.
    You and me both. I have actually been looking for a good thigh rig for a long time because I understand the benefit of having one but after having a knee brace that constantly slipped down I didn't like the thigh holsters that JUST rely on tension to keep them up. I love the look of her set up and have already sent an email to the maker with inquiries into getting one for myself. I don't often wear dresses but having the option of being armed in a cute summer dress is something I've struggled with doing for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    She was filming with a camera, in a mirror. NOT an easy task. In order to show her whole self and see what she was doing I bet her face had to be right behind that camera and you wouldn't have seen it anyway.

Either way, she did the best she could with what she had.

Whether or not it was the reason in her case, there are any number of people who might shoot pictures or videos of SD techniques or equipment, that for valid reasons might wish not to have their face shown.

You're right. The only people who do holster and carry videos from the chest down are girls looking for a little raucous attention and crude comments from the boys.

Examples of other tarts just trying to film their boobs and pretend that they're making a serious video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaWyS...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZT2J...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBM6C...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCGwG...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cf4odIQwRI

What? They are? Dang.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    The video was pretty cool, but what struck me was how confident she was presenting the info. I hope that other women see this young, attractive, intelligent woman who is taking charge of her own safety and carrying a weapon as part of her overall protective posture. I know quite a few women about her age that believe it to be taboo for a woman to know how to use weapons and carry them. Maybe this will inspire other women to at least consider carrying, with the economy in the toilet and governments not having money to pay cops, everyone needs to take care of themselves.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links