She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

This is a discussion on She Knows Her Stuff (vid) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think it was a great video and very informative. As others have said even smaller framed ladies can dress around a gun and still ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 108
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

  1. #46
    VIP Member Array Paco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    3,494
    I think it was a great video and very informative. As others have said even smaller framed ladies can dress around a gun and still look nice. I will certainly be sending this link to my Wife to watch and get some ideas. One more resource, I already send her to Lima's stuff and Cornered Cat.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

    If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

    -Paco

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Senior Moderator
    Array MattInFla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    She's using a hand held camera in front of - wait for it - her face.

    Ergo, filming herself and including the camera covering her face would be pretty useless.

    She did, IMHO, a very good job presenting the material. You might give it a chance, before you trash it.

    Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

  4. #48
    Member Array davidw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    I thought she did a great job of presenting the material and information she wanted to get out there. It was very informative. I have no problems with people who don't show their face on videos. Some proabaly do it for privacy. Most of the info I want to get from a video happens below the neck anyhow.
    Last edited by JD; October 9th, 2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: PM from Limatunes inbound.

  5. #49
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    WIth the right setup, you can shoot right through the purse without drawing at all.
    Yes! And I have practiced the angles.

    However with a semi-auto, I'm likely to only get one shot that way, as the slide usually hangs up after the first. But it will probably be very unexpected and hopefully give me a chance to draw or escape.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    As a woman posting on the Internet, I have always been very careful about whom I reveal my real identity to. I think she was very wise to do so. Besides maybe she doesnt want to end up harrassed by men who watch her videos?


    I dont see how hiding her face harmed her credibility at all.
    Last edited by JD; October 9th, 2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: mergerd posts
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    That is an advantage of a revolver for purse carry. A couple friends of mine made some videos of pocket and purse firing with revolvers and functioning was glitch free.

  7. #51
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    The next victim of that bg may not have the same attitude when he's looking down the barrel of your gun.

    My dad always taught me that I was responsible for my gun. That meant keeping it away from anyone who might not use it correctly.

    Something to think about.
    Thank you, I'm very aware of this, which I just posted in the thread about safes and my nitestand gun.

    Losing my purse to a thief is a very undesireable outcome and will be avoided at all costs...except my life.

    And in the long run, I am not responsible for the actions of a criminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    That is an advantage of a revolver for purse carry. A couple friends of mine made some videos of pocket and purse firing with revolvers and functioning was glitch free.
    There are a few advantages to a revolver that I really like. That's one of them. Another is in a struggle you can put the muzzle against the attacker and shoot. That isnt possible or is very difficult with a semi-auto.

    On the otherhand, I really dislike the snappiness of the small revolvers, the bulk, and the poor accuracy. I would need a great deal more practice with one. The ones I have tried, including the LCR are so unpleasant, even painful, to fire, that I dont think I'd practice enough.
    Last edited by JD; October 9th, 2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: mergerd posts
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  8. #52
    New Member Array faliaphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11
    Seems I am a little late on discovering this thread discussing my recent youtube vid - Glad to here that {most of} you enjoyed it. My intent was only to help other women with their similar concealed carry issues... Turns out that now I am constantly deleting flirtatious messages and defending myself on different forums in regards to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded; (I can now see one major deterrent as to why more females probably haven't posted gun related videos)... I wish that more women would post vids on how they carry their guns concealed, because I know that there are more of us out there than is shown on youtube, and I don't want to stand out (with Lima) like a female conceal-carrying deer in headlights. THANK YOU to Lima (and others!) who already came to my defense in this thread and have hit the nail on the head as to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded. It is just plain stupid to "play dress up" and try on a pile of different holsters with a loaded gun. Accidents could happen. My gun is only loaded when it is going to remain holstered and ready to use. I didn't show my face in the vid for several reasons - 1.) I didn't want to listen to the positive OR negative criticism regarding what I look like. The video is about concealed carry options for women, not about me. 2.) Privacy and safety reasons. I don't want to advertise to strangers what I look like, that I carry a gun, and all the ways that I might be carrying. I don't even want the people that I know and work for locally to be aware of the fact that I carry concealed. I even had a stalker/personal protection order on a guy for 2 years before, and it is just common sense {to me} to keep my face off my gun videos. 3.) I'm shy and not a big fan of being on camera 4.) I was holding the camera in front of my face to see the screen where I was filming, so my face would've been blocked anyhow 5.) I was demonstrating holsters concealing in different areas on my body. Showing my face was un-needed. anyway, I'm sorry if my vid bothers some of you. Hopefully it helps more people than it rubs the wrong way. I've tried to add captions to clarify certain parts of the video that I've been asked about. and I plan to make more videos eventually... I'd like to show how a smaller Kel-tec P3AT conceals well, too, and I've recently picked up a couple different types of holsters - a Smart Carry and also a concealed carry purse/bag that actually appealed to me! (I had never found a gun purse that I liked before, so I will do a review of this one once I've tried it a little while). also to all the men out there who say "just stick the gun in your pocket," I'd like to demonstrate in a video how that comment is totally ignorant. My pockets won't even hold a little 380 pocket gun. I'm in NO WAY any sort of expert on guns. I'm just a regular girl who has her CPL and wants to share info. I don't have it all figured out, just trying to help! -Sonja
    Last edited by faliaphoto; October 13th, 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelled word wrong

  9. #53
    VIP Member Array Guantes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    5,272
    BRAVO

  10. #54
    Ex Member Array EB31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by faliaphoto View Post
    Seems I am a little late on discovering this thread discussing my recent youtube vid - Glad to here that {most of} you enjoyed it. My intent was only to help other women with their similar concealed carry issues... Turns out that now I am constantly deleting flirtatious messages and defending myself on different forums in regards to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded; (I can now see one major deterrent as to why more females probably haven't posted gun related videos)... I wish that more women would post vids on how they carry their guns concealed, because I know that there are more of us out there than is shown on youtube, and I don't want to stand out (with Lima) like a female conceal-carrying deer in headlights. THANK YOU to Lima (and others!) who already came to my defense in this thread and have hit the nail on the head as to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded. It is just plain stupid to "play dress up" and try on a pile of different holsters with a loaded gun. Accidents could happen. My gun is only loaded when it is going to remain holstered and ready to use. I didn't show my face in the vid for several reasons - 1.) I didn't want to listen to the positive OR negative criticism regarding what I look like. The video is about concealed carry options for women, not about me. 2.) Privacy and safety reasons. I don't want to advertise to strangers what I look like, that I carry a gun, and all the ways that I might be carrying. I don't even want the people that I know and work for locally to be aware of the fact that I carry concealed. I even had a stalker/personal protection order on a guy for 2 years before, and it is just common sense {to me} to keep my face off my gun videos. 3.) I'm shy and not a big fan of being on camera 4.) I was holding the camera in front of my face to see the screen where I was filming, so my face would've been blocked anyhow 5.) I was demonstrating holsters concealing in different areas on my body. Showing my face was un-needed. anyway, I'm sorry if my vid bothers some of you. Hopefully it helps more people than it rubs the wrong way. I've tried to add captions to clarify certain parts of the video that I've been asked about. and I plan to make more videos eventually... I'd like to show how a smaller Kel-tec P3AT conceals well, too, and I've recently picked up a couple different types of holsters - a Smart Carry and also a concealed carry purse/bag that actually appealed to me! (I had never found a gun purse that I liked before, so I will do a review of this one once I've tried it a little while). also to all the men out there who say "just stick the gun in your pocket," I'd like to demonstrate in a video how that comment is totally ignorant. My pockets won't even hold a little 380 pocket gun. I'm in NO WAY any sort of expert on guns. I'm just a regular girl who has her CPL and wants to share info. I don't have it all figured out, just trying to help! -Sonja

    Just keep doing what you're doing. No need to defend yourself to anyone online. We dont affect your life one way or another.....or shouldn't.

    Good vid. Very factual and realistic. Better than what if and fantastical scenerio vids. Well done!

  11. #55
    Distinguished Member
    Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami Florida / Michigan
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by faliaphoto View Post
    Seems I am a little late on discovering this thread discussing my recent youtube vid - Glad to here that {most of} you enjoyed it. My intent was only to help other women with their similar concealed carry issues... Turns out that now I am constantly deleting flirtatious messages and defending myself on different forums in regards to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded; (I can now see one major deterrent as to why more females probably haven't posted gun related videos)... I wish that more women would post vids on how they carry their guns concealed, because I know that there are more of us out there than is shown on youtube, and I don't want to stand out (with Lima) like a female conceal-carrying deer in headlights. THANK YOU to Lima (and others!) who already came to my defense in this thread and have hit the nail on the head as to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded. It is just plain stupid to "play dress up" and try on a pile of different holsters with a loaded gun. Accidents could happen. My gun is only loaded when it is going to remain holstered and ready to use. I didn't show my face in the vid for several reasons - 1.) I didn't want to listen to the positive OR negative criticism regarding what I look like. The video is about concealed carry options for women, not about me. 2.) Privacy and safety reasons. I don't want to advertise to strangers what I look like, that I carry a gun, and all the ways that I might be carrying. I don't even want the people that I know and work for locally to be aware of the fact that I carry concealed. I even had a stalker/personal protection order on a guy for 2 years before, and it is just common sense {to me} to keep my face off my gun videos. 3.) I'm shy and not a big fan of being on camera 4.) I was holding the camera in front of my face to see the screen where I was filming, so my face would've been blocked anyhow 5.) I was demonstrating holsters concealing in different areas on my body. Showing my face was un-needed. anyway, I'm sorry if my vid bothers some of you. Hopefully it helps more people than it rubs the wrong way. I've tried to add captions to clarify certain parts of the video that I've been asked about. and I plan to make more videos eventually... I'd like to show how a smaller Kel-tec P3AT conceals well, too, and I've recently picked up a couple different types of holsters - a Smart Carry and also a concealed carry purse/bag that actually appealed to me! (I had never found a gun purse that I liked before, so I will do a review of this one once I've tried it a little while). also to all the men out there who say "just stick the gun in your pocket," I'd like to demonstrate in a video how that comment is totally ignorant. My pockets won't even hold a little 380 pocket gun. I'm in NO WAY any sort of expert on guns. I'm just a regular girl who has her CPL and wants to share info. I don't have it all figured out, just trying to help! -Sonja
    You did a good job, I'm sure if you can conceal a LCR, so can I.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

    Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

    NRA Member

  12. #56
    Member Array danoam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    46
    Keep up the great information ladies. I've been sending your vids to a couple of female friends who are considering carrying but have doubts and questions that you are answering very well.

    Thanks!

  13. #57
    Member Array gruntingfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright...
    Posts
    321
    Faliaphoto,

    I commend you for putting yourself out there. I'm still trying to convince my wife that she can carry without having to dress like a man and your videos (along with Limatunes's) are a HUGE help. Don't listen to the naysayers. You're not doing anything different in your videos (as far as not showing your face, working with an unloaded firearm, etc.) than many others who do holster and carry videos as I pointed out before (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...=1#post1779757). Keep up the good work!
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

  14. #58
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,247
    Falia, Welcome to the forum!

    As one of the few women who post public carry videos I can empathize with EVERYTHING you are going through. The inappropriate comments, the "kitchen" humor, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't get much better but you certainly do learn to live with it.

    I have learned that for super controversial videos (such as my carrying with a baby video) it's best just to make the comments private until approved by me. I can't tell you some of the venomous comments I have gotten but I've learned to roll with it.

    You can also make it so that only "friends" can message you and turn off the comments all together which is something I have actually done a few times just for a break.

    I think you did a great job! Don't let the negative stuff get you down.

    I have found my videos posted on forums where some of the comments posted about them would make a billygoat puke but I don't make a big deal about it. It's the price of putting yourself out there. Even if there's negative comments the information is getting out there.. period.

  15. #59
    Distinguished Member
    Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami Florida / Michigan
    Posts
    1,244
    I have used the female videos both Limatunes and faliaphoto, as a point to some of my lady friends that women in fact can shoot guns and that a woman protecting herself with a firearm is not "taboo". In two cases it has gotten them to go to the range with me to at least try the shooting sports and possibly use a firearm for protection.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

    Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

    NRA Member

  16. #60
    VIP Member Array Paco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    3,494
    Faliaphoto,

    Good job on the videos, very informative and a great resource for men as well as women. Welcome aboard the board, I hope to learn as much from you as I have Lima, and the others (men and women) on this forum. There is a great bunch of people here with a vast array of knowledge to share.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

    If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

    -Paco

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. All the other stuff for CCW
    By Midnight412 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
  2. FS: CZ Stuff (WA)
    By clarkston_cz in forum Member Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
  3. New .45 stuff.
    By luv_jeeps in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM
  4. Where Exactly IS That COM Stuff
    By QKShooter in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: February 26th, 2006, 01:06 PM
  5. Your C&R stuff?
    By P95Carry in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: January 12th, 2006, 10:00 PM

Search tags for this page

concealed thigh holster
,

falia leigh

,

falia leigh face

,

falia leigh michigan

,

faliaphotography face

,
faliaphotography sonja
,

sonja falia

,
sonja falia leigh
,
thigh holster for women
,
thigh holster women
,
who is falia leigh
,

who is faliaphotography

Click on a term to search for related topics.