She Knows Her Stuff (vid) - Page 5

She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

This is a discussion on She Knows Her Stuff (vid) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Faliaphoto...great vids and gave me many things to think about. I hope you will continue to participate here as well....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

Hi Faliaphoto...great vids and gave me many things to think about. I hope you will continue to participate here as well.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post

I have learned that for super controversial videos (such as my carrying with a baby video) it's best just to make the comments private until approved by me. I can't tell you some of the venomous comments I have gotten but I've learned to roll with it.

I have found my videos posted on forums where some of the comments posted about them would make a billygoat puke but I don't make a big deal about it. It's the price of putting yourself out there. Even if there's negative comments the information is getting out there.. period.

Hey Lima, I didnt realize you had vids too. I checked your blog page and didnt see links....please let me know where I can find them.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

if you look up "limalife" on youtube, you should be able to find her channel.

Quote Originally Posted by faliaphoto View Post
    Seems I am a little late on discovering this thread discussing my recent youtube vid - Glad to here that {most of} you enjoyed it. My intent was only to help other women with their similar concealed carry issues... Turns out that now I am constantly deleting flirtatious messages and defending myself on different forums in regards to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded; (I can now see one major deterrent as to why more females probably haven't posted gun related videos)... I wish that more women would post vids on how they carry their guns concealed, because I know that there are more of us out there than is shown on youtube, and I don't want to stand out (with Lima) like a female conceal-carrying deer in headlights. THANK YOU to Lima (and others!) who already came to my defense in this thread and have hit the nail on the head as to why I didn't show my face and why my gun is unloaded. It is just plain stupid to "play dress up" and try on a pile of different holsters with a loaded gun. Accidents could happen. My gun is only loaded when it is going to remain holstered and ready to use. I didn't show my face in the vid for several reasons - 1.) I didn't want to listen to the positive OR negative criticism regarding what I look like. The video is about concealed carry options for women, not about me. 2.) Privacy and safety reasons. I don't want to advertise to strangers what I look like, that I carry a gun, and all the ways that I might be carrying. I don't even want the people that I know and work for locally to be aware of the fact that I carry concealed. I even had a stalker/personal protection order on a guy for 2 years before, and it is just common sense {to me} to keep my face off my gun videos. 3.) I'm shy and not a big fan of being on camera 4.) I was holding the camera in front of my face to see the screen where I was filming, so my face would've been blocked anyhow 5.) I was demonstrating holsters concealing in different areas on my body. Showing my face was un-needed. anyway, I'm sorry if my vid bothers some of you. Hopefully it helps more people than it rubs the wrong way. I've tried to add captions to clarify certain parts of the video that I've been asked about. and I plan to make more videos eventually... I'd like to show how a smaller Kel-tec P3AT conceals well, too, and I've recently picked up a couple different types of holsters - a Smart Carry and also a concealed carry purse/bag that actually appealed to me! (I had never found a gun purse that I liked before, so I will do a review of this one once I've tried it a little while). also to all the men out there who say "just stick the gun in your pocket," I'd like to demonstrate in a video how that comment is totally ignorant. My pockets won't even hold a little 380 pocket gun. I'm in NO WAY any sort of expert on guns. I'm just a regular girl who has her CPL and wants to share info. I don't have it all figured out, just trying to help! -Sonja
    I've used your videos and Lima's videos to how my wife how she can carry....keep up the great work!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I watched a couple of your videos and both were well done. Good job! I am going to show them to my wife and send links to all the ladies I know that would find your help useful.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Falia,

I have the utmost respect for your efforts and for the quality of your videos!

Please do not let the detractors with their less-than-thought-out statements about using an unloaded weapon and not showing your face deter you in any way of continuing your education mission. I am sure that your self confidence and poise are somehow a threat to their manhood (you know, you are doing this without the all knowledgeable male present!!).

I am trying to ease my wife into CC and your video is a powerful assertion that you can truly 'dress' around a firearm (pun intended!!).

I hope that when my daughter's grow up, they will have the self-assurance and confidence that you have.

Welcome to the forum,

Bill
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Nevermind

Sonja, I am impressed, and I don't impress very easily. I teach CHL classes, and quite a few of my students are women. I'll be using your video in my classes from now on, whenever there are female students. Hope you don't mind. Your thoughtful, practical approach is wonderful, and you put to rest forever anyone's concept that carrying a firearm is somehow "not feminine." Good work!

Not bad, but if she's going to continue making videos, she should invest in a tripod for her camera.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

And we wonder why more women aren't interested in firearms or participate in our discussions about them, watch the guys at the range next time you go if any women show up its ridiculous the way they act like little boys all of a sudden..

Thank you very much for the video! Nicely done. Don't let the dummies drag you down, keep up the good work.

Good stuff, I forwarded the video to my wife. She's always complaining about not being able to carry
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    Very nicely and tastefully done. She has obviously given carrying lots of thought and it shows. I'm impressed by the young lady.

I often hear folks complain about todays young Americans. I like to think that overall, the future is in pretty good hands.
    I could not agree more.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Great video and I agree that gal knows her stuff... very informative!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Only part I dislike is the ignornat comments left by a couple of viewers. Sad...
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links