She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

This is a discussion on She Knows Her Stuff (vid) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive seen this video, and sorta chatted with her on XDtalk website.. She Did a really good for the ladies that want to carry.....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: She Knows Her Stuff (vid)

Ive seen this video, and sorta chatted with her on XDtalk website.. She Did a really good for the ladies that want to carry..
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

2. Remove Ads

Faliaphoto, awesome job with everything!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Good job Faliaphoto. That was a classy and tasteful way to demonstrate how you carry your handgun. I showed my wife the part with the dresses and the thigh holster hoping that she may realize that women can be dressed many different ways while carrying. She simply said that she would blow her foot off with that one. I still have some work to do.

While I think that the thigh holster works well with dresses, I wouldn't recommend it with the shorts. I know that you acknowledged that it wasn't the best method. With the shorts, perhaps you could pocket carry?

Good job, there are more and more women carrying and I think that it is awesome. Lima has a plethera of info and videos on the subject. Her and her husband JD have made some good videos as well.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I'm amazed ... should be a sticky or something.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Falia, Welcome to the forum!

As one of the few women who post public carry videos I can empathize with EVERYTHING you are going through. The inappropriate comments, the "kitchen" humor, etc, etc, etc. It doesn't get much better but you certainly do learn to live with it.

I have learned that for super controversial videos (such as my carrying with a baby video) it's best just to make the comments private until approved by me. I can't tell you some of the venomous comments I have gotten but I've learned to roll with it.

You can also make it so that only "friends" can message you and turn off the comments all together which is something I have actually done a few times just for a break.

I think you did a great job! Don't let the negative stuff get you down.

I have found my videos posted on forums where some of the comments posted about them would make a billygoat puke but I don't make a big deal about it. It's the price of putting yourself out there. Even if there's negative comments the information is getting out there.. period.
    Lima - Hearing you say that makes me feel so much better :) I think that I can grow a little bit thicker skin... you're right, it is the price of putting ourselves out there. When I first got into firearms, by the way, I watched your 4-part holster series and it was INCREDIBLY helpful. There are not many truly helpful gun resources (other than forums) out there for women - In fact, your youtube vids and Kathy Jackson's cornered cat site are the only two that come to mind for me. I do feel bad, though, I came across a forum thread today where Kathy dislikes my outfits video and doesn't want to share it with anyone because I pointed my unloaded firearm at my knee.. :-( Really, safety and helping other ladies are my two main goals with my videos. Hopefully I get better at showing that. I'm still a video newbie. I did just post a new video tonight, by the way, reviewing a gun purse that I actually like (as much as I can possibly like a gun purse). and I attempted to use a tripod. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Good job Faliaphoto. That was a classy and tasteful way to demonstrate how you carry your handgun. I showed my wife the part with the dresses and the thigh holster hoping that she may realize that women can be dressed many different ways while carrying. She simply said that she would blow her foot off with that one. I still have some work to do.

While I think that the thigh holster works well with dresses, I wouldn't recommend it with the shorts. I know that you acknowledged that it wasn't the best method. With the shorts, perhaps you could pocket carry?

Good job, there are more and more women carrying and I think that it is awesome. Lima has a plethera of info and videos on the subject. Her and her husband JD have made some good videos as well.
    Nope, I can't pocket carry with any of my shorts - even with my little Kel-tec P3AT. I'm going to demonstrate that in a future video because a lot of guys tell me to just stick my gun in my pocket. My pockets are smaller than small. For shorts, I recently got a smart carry holster to try. I've also got a mini-tuck that works in some summer-instances for my P3AT. And carrying a gun purse of course will work for shorts.

Great vid, great job!
    Professional and VERY well presented!

Don't let negative or sexist remarks discourage you - you're doing an incredible service!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Love it Sonja...like the confidence you put forward in carrying and ry helpful for my next shopping experience for a better, more comfortable holster. Seriously must consider the custom thigh carry! esp. great for summer as i wear lots of skirts and golf outfits....
    You're a great inspiration to other women, as we dont all wear big loose clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by faliaphoto View Post
    I'm still a video newbie. I did just post a new video tonight, by the way, reviewing a gun purse that I actually like (as much as I can possibly like a gun purse). and I attempted to use a tripod. :-)
    Very nice, informative video. I think using the tripod makes a great difference. Keep up the good work.

Good for her. I'll be honest I never even considered the ankle holster until this video. Very informative and it makes me happy knowing young women are arming themselves out there.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

This video has helped my female friends out immensely. Keep it up!! Don't worry about the criticism or perverts. They aren't worth your time to think about.

Keep up the excellent work, Faliaphoto. I've watched and commented on a couple of your videos- five stars all the way!
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    honestly if comments were not to be made she should have shot it like a normal person and included her face. I am not sure if the video was any good cause I turned it off after about 30 seconds of her shooting her boobs and trying to make me think she was doing a serious video.
    I've watched a few of her other videos and she says in one of them that she keeps herself anonymous for privacy reasons...not to be 'abnormal'. She's a 'concealed carrier'...which means she doesn't want people to know that she's carrying. Makes perfect sense to me. She actually presents the information professionally and I've learned lots of tips from her.
    May the name of Christ be exalted in all things,
    Colleene Barnett
    Keeping the Piece: Ladies Only Concealed Carry and Basic Pistol Training
    www.KeepingthePiece.com
    Looking for a clever gift for the lady shooters in your life?
    http://www.zazzle.com/keepingthepiec...51718878453391

Yes, that is a good video for a woman to watch. She really does a very good job of concealing.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by faliaphoto View Post
    Nope, I can't pocket carry with any of my shorts - even with my little Kel-tec P3AT. I'm going to demonstrate that in a future video because a lot of guys tell me to just stick my gun in my pocket. My pockets are smaller than small. For shorts, I recently got a smart carry holster to try. I've also got a mini-tuck that works in some summer-instances for my P3AT. And carrying a gun purse of course will work for shorts.
    I'm a fan of the Smart Carry and I wear kilts everyday(sorta skirtlike) . Ive found its actually faster for me to raise the kilt and draw then to reach down the front of my waistband which is handy when your sitting. It make take come getting used to but Ive worn one for quite a while and enjoyed it. I can run, work on cars, play with my son, etc...never been an issue.

Loved your vids, I need to show my wife, shes convinced she cant carry on body (Save for a small derringer that fits down her Bra) and Im hoping this will give her some ideas to potentially try. You have a lot of really great looking outfits btw, that black and white dress is great!

Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links