Using bathroom

This is a discussion on Using bathroom within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know this topic has been addressed before in many many threads, but this lady addresses all the issues. Good watch. Carrying a gun in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Using bathroom

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Using bathroom

I know this topic has been addressed before in many many threads, but this lady addresses all the issues. Good watch.

Carrying a gun in the bathroom

(Haven't seen this posted, did search, so if so, my apologies)
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Admittedly not my favorite topic for carry discussion but Lima's videos are always worth watching none the less.

That's Lima?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

The only positive critique I have is that's about the same setup I use on my belt. Handgun, 2 spare mags and a knife.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I guess she's limalife on YouTube and limatunes here???
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I guess she's limalife on YouTube and limatunes here???
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    That's Lima?
    Yes to both questions.

Senior Moderator
    Yep, that'd be me.

It was a topic I actually really didn't want to do a video on for a variety of reasons. It was hard to keep JD quiet during it as well because he really does not like this topic either. But with so many people asking me to do it and seeing just how many NDs happen while using the bathroom I figured a video addressing the topic would probably not kill me. Who knows. It might even keep some people from doing some dumb things.

Distinguished Member
    Very worthwhile topic, thanks for posting it. Most of that stuff I have seen covered by now, but there were a few excellent new points for me and it was a good reminder on the "this is not the time to check out your gun" concept.

The caution about trying to catch a falling gun - well it seems so obvious now after you discuss it but I had never given that any thought. I can see how it could be deadly and really caused by almost a reflex. Thanks for that. I also liked the idea to fold the gun and mag back into the pants.

One point that was not specifically covered was the importance of a good belt. The stiff ones are less likely to droop down when on maneuvers in the bathroom.

Well, I couldn't understand it (I'm deaf), but I can say this; that lady in the video is very pretty. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Well, I couldn't understand it (I'm deaf), but I can say this; that lady in the video is very pretty. Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    Dave, I have looked into doing Closed Captioning on my videos. Since you are the second person who has mentioned it I think I will look into it further.

I just looked at the pictures anyway!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Unless I'm mistaken you can enable the new Youtube closed captions on any video and it does an automatic conversion of sorts. It's not terribly accurate, but it generally should get the just of whats being said.

Haven't watched the video yet, but I expect as with all the content you've put out that it will be top notch. Now just gotta get back to decent internet to be able to youtube again:)

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Thanks for the video. I've actually wondered how to conceal my weapon when I have to use a bathroom with stalls. The first thing I do walking up to a stall is look at the ground to see if it's occupied, so I natually assume other people do. Dropping trow to only your knees makes a hell of a lot of sense from becoming discovered that you are armed. Thanks, you just resolved my isues with dreading somebody walking in the bathroom and accidentally spotting my weapon.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken you can enable the new Youtube closed captions on any video and it does an automatic conversion of sorts. It's not terribly accurate, but it generally should get the just of whats being said.
    Thanks, I just found the option and it's processing right now for putting captioning into the bathroom video. I will have to check it when it's done and see if I can edit it if/when it makes errors. It certainly makes it much easier than going through and retyping everything I said.

We'll see how it turns out.

Nice to see you Lima!
    I probably run into more problems than most, because my legs are SO incredibly short. If I keep my gun above my knees, it's knocking on the toilet bowl and I barely have enough leftover "leg" to get my booty on the seat...
    Obviously, I make do though.

Tonight was the worst I've encountered though. Hubby and I shared a drink in a movie (not only is it cheaper, I also drink less so I don't have to get up during the show) but afterwards I made a pit stop and pre-CC I never remember the stall dividers being so high off the ground. I mean, these were just an inch or two lower than the toilet seat, and carrying at 4:00 puts my gun lower than my legs....and someone came in the stall right next to me. Maybe no more cokes during movies? Eh. Who designs these things anyway???
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links