People Wonder Why we Carry

This is a discussion on People Wonder Why we Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; North Texas here too. DFW news full of same. That's why we moved. I hate going to the metroplex now. DaveT has it right though ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People Wonder Why we Carry

North Texas here too. DFW news full of same. That's why we moved. I hate going to the metroplex now.

DaveT has it right though - trouble brews in some rural ares too. Drugs, burglaries, wife beatings, child abuse - maybe fewer, but maybe just because the news mongers aren't here.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD
    The only thing here in the news lately is a serial rapist.
    Apparently he's on to killing now. There is so much that goes on daily here in the phoenix area that the news crews can't keep up. I know of at least five 7 shooting deaths within a mile and a half from where I live in the past year. That's just what's been reported by the media. Yeah, and people say that south phoenix isn't that bad. It could be worse, I could live in the Maryvale area. That is a real hot spot for violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiAk
    Apparently he's on to killing now. There is so much that goes on daily here in the phoenix area that the news crews can't keep up. I know of at least five 7 shooting deaths within a mile and a half from where I live in the past year. That's just what's been reported by the media. Yeah, and people say that south phoenix isn't that bad. It could be worse, I could live in the Maryvale area. That is a real hot spot for violent crime.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's a serial rapist/murderer.

Your right though, the media can't keep up with the happenings around here.

Crime will continue to rise until..........(insert suggestion)
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

it is a darn shame to tell you the truth.....what has gotten into these people that they think they have to kill each other over stupid stuff...they will have a short life if they try to break into my house....that is for sure!

I have lived in several major cities... Boston, Baltimore, Atlanta, DFW, and Miami... and none of them even comes close to Detroit as far as consistent day to day felony crimes. Watching the Detroit morning news is like watching an episode of cops.

Quote Originally Posted by JKFrost68
    I have lived in several major cities... Boston, Baltimore, Atlanta, DFW, and Miami... and none of them even comes close to Detroit as far as consistent day to day felony crimes. Watching the Detroit morning news is like watching an episode of cops.
    Watching any of the news here is like watching Cops

VIP Member
    I'm beginning to think it's more dangerous to live in murderapolis, where the two legged vermin are less predictable than the bears, wolves, and mountain lions that patrol our river in the wilderness. I'll carry 5 Federal 250 grain cast core 41 mags in the woods, but 25 cor-bon DPX 45 acp in town.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Crimp
    They must need some more gun control up there.
    Maybe some good citizen should call Sarah Brady!
    Actually, Detroit is one of the few major cities where shall issue CCW is available. However, it only became available a few years ago and prior to that, it was basically illegal to possess a handgun in the city. Detroit's problems are many, diverse, and run far deeper than those of most other major cities. I challenge anyone to visit the intersection of MLK and Rosa Parks and to find one difference between it and a 3rd world war zone.

However, on the bright side, Detroit has the highest "justifiable homicide" rate in the country. People are carrying and are generally not prosecuted for defending themselves and their families. Even the grossly corrupt city gov't recognizes that the police are impotent to protect you.

All the best,

Joe

P.S. Bud, where do you shoot at? I live just south of you and would love to get together and sqeeze a few rounds off.

Usually Down at Wolverine On Dix and King in brownstown

Fargo & Bud,you guys are far braver than me.I live in NW oakland Co.I haven't been to Detroit in a couple years.Just not worth the risk to me.There are parts of that city where you dont even stop at the red lights in the day time.
    Woody!
    Go prepared or dont go.

Bless & support our troops.

It's a crazy world and people are crazy if they think that you don't need to protect themselves.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Woody357
    Fargo & Bud,you guys are far braver than me.I live in NW oakland Co.I haven't been to Detroit in a couple years.Just not worth the risk to me.There are parts of that city where you dont even stop at the red lights in the day time.
    If ya have to go down there for your job ya haven't too .. Was in the Hood Saturday working

I'm not too impressed with the entire Detroit Metro area. There is quite a lot of violent crime in Wayne and Oakland counties. I've lived in other large cities, but this one is by far and away the worst (with the exception of D.C.) I'll be moving due to work in a year and I'm counting the days. Hope I make it out with my skin.

BTW, I lived in Pontiac for a few years (Oakland county) and that was no treat. I missed a car jacking/murder at a local gas station by 30 minutes or so last year. The guy gave the robbers his car and they came back and shot him a few minutes later. Lucky thing I had overslept ... if I'd been on time who knows.

One good thing about living in Detroit Metro, I came to understand the need for CCW. Changed my whole world view.

it puzzles me why someone would wonder why we carry.
    seems self evident to me.

I wonder why they don't carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links