People Wonder Why we Carry

3K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  palmgopher 
#1 ·
Tonight's news at 11:20

Supposed innocent man shot and found dead on freeway Detroit

Swat getting ready to storm the place they think gun man is
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Inkster real close to my house..

Cab driver found dead in back of his cab GSW to head.
Detroit

Block Party to fundraiser for headstone for 4 year old girl that died

Nut job tried to run down the people holding the part hit cars and all the equipment and house's
Course yelling Racial slurs whole time
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Gas station

Edge of livionia/detroit About 1 mile from where i work

3 innocent ladies shot will gunman was shooting at another person
Child shot at sisters funeral

Man tries to run over wife after setting fire to car in here drive way luckily no one hurt but close

All this is todays and late last nights news ..

Nuff Said

See less See more
#7 ·
''Anytime, any place, anywhere''.

Well we sure do not need convincing but it's a pity so many sheep think nothing can ever happen to them!

#11 ·
It's everywhere.

I live in a small north Texas town of about 1,300,
lots of drug busts, meth labs, and even a drive
by shooting not long ago.

Has not always been this way, but as the older folks
die off, they are replaced with a lot of low income,
low life folks who seem to have been raised with
the attitude that everyone else 'owes' them.

The times are a changing, that's for sure. :frown:

These days, anyone who does not believe in being
armed and taking an active role in personal safety
is either a fool or has their head stuck in the past
and still believes in Sheriff Andy Taylor and Mayberry.

#16 ·
North Texas here too. DFW news full of same. That's why we moved. I hate going to the metroplex now.

DaveT has it right though - trouble brews in some rural ares too. :frown: Drugs, burglaries, wife beatings, child abuse - maybe fewer, but maybe just because the news mongers aren't here.

#17 ·
PackerfanXD said:
The only thing here in the news lately is a serial rapist.
Apparently he's on to killing now. There is so much that goes on daily here in the phoenix area that the news crews can't keep up. I know of at least five 7 shooting deaths within a mile and a half from where I live in the past year. That's just what's been reported by the media. Yeah, and people say that south phoenix isn't that bad. It could be worse, I could live in the Maryvale area. That is a real hot spot for violent crime.

#18 ·
MaNiAk said:
Apparently he's on to killing now. There is so much that goes on daily here in the phoenix area that the news crews can't keep up. I know of at least five 7 shooting deaths within a mile and a half from where I live in the past year. That's just what's been reported by the media. Yeah, and people say that south phoenix isn't that bad. It could be worse, I could live in the Maryvale area. That is a real hot spot for violent crime.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that he's a serial rapist/murderer.:smile:

Your right though, the media can't keep up with the happenings around here.

#23 ·
I'm beginning to think it's more dangerous to live in murderapolis, where the two legged vermin are less predictable than the bears, wolves, and mountain lions that patrol our river in the wilderness. I'll carry 5 Federal 250 grain cast core 41 mags in the woods, but 25 cor-bon DPX 45 acp in town.

#24 ·
Crimp said:
They must need some more gun control up there.
Maybe some good citizen should call Sarah Brady!
Actually, Detroit is one of the few major cities where shall issue CCW is available. However, it only became available a few years ago and prior to that, it was basically illegal to possess a handgun in the city. Detroit's problems are many, diverse, and run far deeper than those of most other major cities. I challenge anyone to visit the intersection of MLK and Rosa Parks and to find one difference between it and a 3rd world war zone.

However, on the bright side, Detroit has the highest "justifiable homicide" rate in the country. People are carrying and are generally not prosecuted for defending themselves and their families. Even the grossly corrupt city gov't recognizes that the police are impotent to protect you.

All the best,

Joe

P.S. Bud, where do you shoot at? I live just south of you and would love to get together and sqeeze a few rounds off.

#26 ·
Fargo & Bud,you guys are far braver than me.I live in NW oakland Co.I haven't been to Detroit in a couple years.Just not worth the risk to me.There are parts of that city where you dont even stop at the red lights in the day time.:aargh4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.