Going to a wedding Sunday

This is a discussion on Going to a wedding Sunday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got to go to my wifes bosses wedding on sunday.Thay are very huggy and touchy people. Dont know how thay feel about CC. Think i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to a wedding Sunday

Going to a wedding Sunday

Got to go to my wifes bosses wedding on sunday.Thay are very huggy and touchy people. Dont know how thay feel about CC. Think i should chance someone feeling my gun and my wife catching hell or it. Or just go without and suck it up. Dont know the area we are going to be at so not really wanting to leave it in my car.Just thought i would ask yall for ideas

2. Remove Ads

I carried my PX4 to my son's wedding last Spring. Supertuck-type deal under my suit, IWB at 1:30. I kept my jacket on, but probably could have removed it.

The bride's family is a bunch of flakey yo-yo's, and I felt a lot safer
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

VIP Member
    I carried at a wedding just over a week ago, go for it!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Senior Moderator
    Wear the smallest gun in the most concealable holster you have and make sure you go "low" for the hug. If someone is coming in for a hug make sure to put your arms low forcing them to hug you higher, around the shoulders/upper body.. less chance of them feeling your gun.

Concealed means Cconcealed so dont worry about it.

defensive hugging. i had the same worry until i had a few people bump into or come it contact with the butt of my gun while going in for a hug. nobody said a word, no question or comment about what they just felt. so i dont worry about it as much anymore. let us know how it goes.

Distinguished Member
    Hmm. Key words: Wifes Boss. Whatever you decide to do, do it well.

(maybe checkout the going to the bathroom thread for final tips)

During the last few weddings I've attended, I simply pocket carried. I don't want to risk the embarassment of someone hugging me and accidently outing me. It's not my day and I don't want to do anything to possibly cause a scene.

I went with an ankle carry when I was in a wedding....tuxs do not have belt loops.

Otherwise, look at supertuck...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

GM
    IMO pocket carry and ankle carry do not look good at all when wearing tuxedo or suit. I think that a IWB slim SOB holster is the best option.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Went to a wedding a few weeks ago. I ankle carried and it looked fine. No problems ankle carrying with a suit. My gun is a M&P 40C.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Went to a wedding a few weeks ago. I ankle carried and it looked fine. No problems ankle carrying with a suit. My gun is a M&P 40C.
    It depends of the pantís size/design/material. In addition, we all are different.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Wear the smallest gun you have in your collection in an ankle holster and no one will notice. If you do not have an ankle holster, try an IWB holster anywhere from 4 to 6 O'Clock.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

thanks for the ideas. didnt think of hugging low so thay will go high.good idea. dont have a ankle rig or that will be the way out but will get one now just never needed one. thanks for all the ideas again

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alafan View Post
    thanks for the ideas. didnt think of hugging low so thay will go high.good idea. dont have a ankle rig or that will be the way out but will get one now just never needed one. thanks for all the ideas again
    You might also want to budget in the future a pocket gun like an LCP or snub nose revolver for these situations. I just bought a snub nose to carry at work and I have it on me in an ankle or pocket holster depending on the attire.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links