Il residents with Fl non res permit pls step in

This is a discussion on Il residents with Fl non res permit pls step in within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess the title explains the details but how hard of a time did u have getting fingerprinted? There is no local town cop where ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Il residents with Fl non res permit pls step in

I guess the title explains the details but how hard of a time did u have getting fingerprinted? There is no local town cop where I live so it is the county or state police I guess. Where they helpful or did you have to search to find a leo willing? Just wondering how it is gonna go when I walk in and ask them to take my prints. Already got the class taken care of. I just need to get the prints and get it in the mail. Fortunately MO recognizes my PA permit so I am not without til I get my Florida back. Thanks

I use to live in Illinois, private message me and I may be able to help.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Well, you definitely need the prints. The nice folks in FL are very helpful, but have no idea about how to get prints outside of FL.

Being military, I just went to the local Provost Marshall's office who were happy to help. I think that your local county PD would be happy to help. They may charge you a nominal fee, though. Here for my local permit the sheriff charged $5 I think. Don't forget to record the name of the department who takes your prints and their address on the back of the print card in the upper right side. I forgot that last time and they sent the card back for that info.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

I bet your local Sheriff's office could help you out.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Who does Florida require do the prints for their CHL? Must it be law enforcement or do they authorize instructors or others to take prints?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Unless it's changed recently, it must be a law enforcement agency.

When I took my class some members of the Kane County SWAT team came in and took our prints for a small contribution ($10). Your local County Sheriff or State Police office or sub-station should be able to do it with no problems. Good luck and welcome!!
    U.S. Navy Veteran-NRA Member
    Taurus PT 845, PT 99 AF
    Ruger SR9
    1938 Mauser K98 8mm, 1917 DWM German Luger
    1952 M1 Garand
    Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

matw,I would think your permit instructor would have that info. Depending where in IL you are, the Niles police dept offers this service. Also, you might want to find out where a bank employee and/or, a notary public would get fingerprinted, the service s/b extended to you. Good luck.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I went to the local police station, told them what I wanted, showed them the FL. forms and they charged me five bucks and did it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I went to the local police station, told them what I wanted, showed them the FL. forms and they charged me five bucks and did it.
    I believe the OP is in IL and applying for a non-resident FL CWP.

Chicago police of course won't do it (tho they did do my Chicago permit prints), and I doubt Sheriff Tom Dart's folks would since he is the only sheriff in IL who doesn't support concealed carry. I actually had them done in NM (twice, I really don't have much in the way of prints). But I'd try other area sheriffs-I also had some done by Kane Co SWAT with course a couple of years ago-I just tossed them, they clearly weren't readable-not their fault, just poor equipment and no ridges on my fingers to work with. When you find someone let everyone know, it's a challenge for a lot of folks!

There's private services that do it for everyone that needs fingerprinting for childcare and security jobs among other vocational records and background checks, I think cost is $35-55. They don't care what it's for, they'll livescan you and then you send the reciept copy to whomever needs it (in this case FL) and they'll be able to pull the record directly.

Glock Certified Armorer

Yeah, I did that for Utah (still had to do it twice), but unfortunately FL requires it to be done by law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    There's private services that do it for everyone that needs fingerprinting for childcare and security jobs among other vocational records and background checks, I think cost is $35-55. They don't care what it's for, they'll livescan you and then you send the reciept copy to whomever needs it (in this case FL) and they'll be able to pull the record directly.
    This won't work for Florida. Non-resident permits require actual ink fingerprints on the card. Only FL residents can be livescanned. Also, the prints must be done by a law enforcement agency, not a private service.At least, that's how it was when I applied about 4 months ago.

I live in Chicago, and the CPD wouldn't do the prints. Several other suburban departments said they will do them for residents of those suburbs. I just kept calling until I found a department that said they would do them for me (and they didn't even charge me anything).

Quote Originally Posted by SigFan View Post
    This won't work for Florida. Non-resident permits require actual ink fingerprints on the card. Only FL residents can be livescanned. Also, the prints must be done by a law enforcement agency, not a private service.At least, that's how it was when I applied about 4 months ago.
    I did mine 2 months ago and they included instruction for submitting electronic prints, but electronic prints can only be done in FL by a local sheriff department. You don't have to be a resident, but it's probably not an option from IL unless you're planning on a vacation in FL in the near term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links