Got pulled from my car at gun point yesterday!!

This is a discussion on Got pulled from my car at gun point yesterday!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So yesterday I'm coming from wally world round 3:00pm from doing a little shopping. As I come off a major route in my area a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got pulled from my car at gun point yesterday!!

So yesterday I'm coming from wally world round 3:00pm from doing a little shopping. As I come off a major route in my area a gray Malibu followed by 3 cop cars speed up behind me and hit me with the red and blue. Naturally I knew they were cops trying to get by so I moved over to let them all pass. As I moved(I was sitting in traffic behind other cars at the light)the Malibu moved behind me....something aint right right here all of a sudden the cops in the Malibu jump out with their guns drawn yelling "shut the car down... shut the car down" At this point I'm like"you gotta be kidding me"...I complied as ordered, with the car stopped and keys in my hand and both up towards the roof of the car all the officers surrounded my truck in the middle of traffic with guns aimed at me!! It was 2 under covers and 2 state troopers and 3 local PD, now at this time I'm trying not to make any false moves and stay calm as possible. The driver of Malibu comes up to my driver door and opens it up(the window was down due to very sunny day) he then asks if I have any id "YES" I replied..as luck would have it, my wallet was on my cup holder.I was still strapped in my seat belt and asked if I could get it (even tho' it was in front of me I didn't wanna make any wrong moves) he said it was OK. after he gets my id/permit he asks me to step from the truck..before I do I advise him that i have a conceal weapon on my right hip, all of this is said with my hands still in the air. he reaches over retrieves my weapon and proceed to undue my seat belt.I'm pat searched by 2 of the state troopers and told to sit on the curb while they searched my car. 5 minutes passed an the officer who took my weapon came back and asked "are you a Correction Officer? Yes I'am I said..he said he noticed my badge in my wallet then stated the reason he pulled me over like that was that there was a shooting and the description of the vehicle matched my truck. He told everything was fine and he was just doing his job and he apologized for the inconvenience ...I felt the same..they were doing their job and I'm sure if it was me I would handle the situation the same way.The UC places my weapon in the back seat, mags in the front passenger seat and tells me when I pull off don't load up til I'm out of view.He says"you have a right to carry so please by all means carry and stay safe" he also thanked me for being honest and up front about my weapon and license because a lot of people don't say anything until the officer's hand is on their weapon and a possibility of SHTF. I rush home to tell my wife what just happened as I'm telling her there's a knock at my door..I look thur the peephole and it's the UC officer I open it with a puzzled look on my face..."yes" I ask in a weird kinda way. "In all the confusion I forgot to give you your drivers license back" he says. He tells my wife sorry for the scare he gave me jokingly we shake hands and leaves. This incident taught me some valuable lessons...1.realize that cops have a very stressful job and most are excellent at what they do. 2. The UC that came to my home showed me he's a man of great character and integrity. I wont forget this day no time soon
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    As a corrections officer are you carrying under peace officer status or on a permit?
    As a LEO myself I was wondering why you did not ID yourself as an officer from the get go.

VIP Member
    Outstanding post and your attitude and reaction to the situation was textbook perfect.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Good post. I would still be cleaning up the mess in my pants.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

that must have been quite an ordeal, you know, there are quite a few people (on either side of the law) who would overreact and escalate a situation. But this was handled rather gracefully by both sides.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Mistaken identity happens all the time. I believe the officers acted correctly for the nature of the call. You also got a good idea what a Felony stop is like, for the felon that is. Glad it all worked out well for you and hope they got the dude they were looking for.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Wow scary situation, nicely handled by all parties involved.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Whoa....that's pretty wild. You handled it well. That would have given me a big adrenaline dump....maybe another dump too.

Wow. Must have been one interesting day! I understand the reaction from the officers. I found it interesting that you have a right to carry so please by all means carry and stay safe came after are you a Correction Officer?. I wonder if they would have reacted in the same way if you weren't.
    If you think you'll lose, you're lost
    For out in the world you'll find
    Success begins with a fellow's will
    It's all in the state of mind.

Wow, that's gotta get your heart racing... Sounds like the cops did what they had to do and handled it pretty well. Did you find out where the shooting happened?

I don't think you could have done any better. Great job!

From the thread title, I thought you got carjacked!

Glad everyone acted professionally. Friendly fire...isn't.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

my brother got pulled over for a vehicle matching a description before as well. it happens
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    As a corrections officer are you carrying under peace officer status or on a permit?
    As a LEO myself I was wondering why you did not ID yourself as an officer from the get go.
    Depends on whether the OP's state considers jailers/correctional officers to be "peace officers". Some do, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Temkin View Post
    Wondering the same & where is Between the shadows ?? NYS ?
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links