So it finally happened..........why I carry!

This is a discussion on So it finally happened..........why I carry! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So it finally happened. I have the this is why I carry situation and it only took one year and 10 months. Back story: I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it finally happened..........why I carry!

So it finally happened. I have the this is why I carry situation and it only took one year and 10 months.

Back story:
    I work in Real Estate so I have a lot of contacts and people in my phone, nobody gets deleted, they may be needed in the future. Anyways, 3 years ago I trained someone for the builder I was working for, well about 8 mos. After that she left the industry.

Recently I received a phone call from a very angry man saying I had been sleeping with his wife and he had proof. I told him I had known his wife, my number was in her phone, but I hadn’t spoken to her in three years. He proceeded to tell me all about all her escapades and mentioned my address and that he knew nobody was home, mentioned my wife’s name and that we wouldn’t want her to find out. So, after these statements, I leave work, call the wife, tell her to get in the house lock the doors and arm the alarm. I am on my way home. When I get home, LCP goes in the pocket, (I can’t carry at work) and we call the local sheriff’s office. Now I know he has not made a direct threat so they can’t really do anything. They dispatch 2 officers, must have been a slow night! Anyways, they call him and ask him to stop calling so they wouldn’t have to file harassment charges. A short time later I received another call, with another veiled threat. Again, police are called and he is contacted again.

Now, through some research I find this out.
    He is: Divorced, wife had a terrible accident under suspicious circumstances and has a permanent disability, he has multiple calls of PD to his home for unverifiable reasons, has a restraining order against him, and a charge for child abuse.

Now, I am glad I took the steps to protect my family. And better yet, the Mrs. who didn’t see why I wanted to carry now wants to get her permit!

Two notes:
    1) No I never slept with the dudes wife
    2) I have been on this forum for the whole time I have had my permit, but recently changed my screen name because I made myself too identifiable. So no this isn't my first post!

Well, One heck of a story & First post
    Welcome to DC & Glad everything turned out OK ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Sounds like the guy is just looking for reasons to start trouble. Glad you're protecting your family, i hope he gets the picture soon. Just keep doing what you're doing, take precautions and congrats on the Mrs. wanting a permit! Stay safe, and welcome to the forum again Mr.Smith
    If you think you'll lose, you're lost
    For out in the world you'll find
    Success begins with a fellow's will
    It's all in the state of mind.

sounds like the dude has issue, stay vigilant...get a boom stick for home and teach the wife to use it.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

At the minimum, I'd carry my pistol in my car if I couldn't carry at work. I'd even go a little further and say, if I was actively receiving calls from an unknown idiot making idol threats. Basically, my pistol would be on my person all the time, especially something as small as the LCP.

Stay safe out there.....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Sounds like you need a twelve gauge to back up your LCP while you defense the home front. Does this guy have proximity/opportunity to carry out his threats?

Stay vigilant.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

When you least expect him to show up he will. Be careful. Sounds like he has a screw loose anyway.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    At the minimum, I'd carry my pistol in my car if I couldn't carry at work. I'd even go a little further and say, if I was actively receiving calls from an unknown idiot making idol threats. Basically, my pistol would be on my person all the time, especially something as small as the LCP.

Stay safe out there.....
    What he said!
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

I would try to find out more about him for sure, Name, address, description... Just in case.
    Arming your Home/wife might be a good idea too

Stay safe

Sled

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Some people can't accept the fact that they are the problem in their lives. You've been alerted; keep the vigilance. Welcome back. Like Facebook, people think they're invisible behind the screen.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Jackscon View Post
    So it finally happened. I have the this is why I carry situation and it only took one year and 10 months.

Back story:
    I work in Real Estate so I have a lot of contacts and people in my phone, nobody gets deleted, they may be needed in the future. Anyways, 3 years ago I trained someone for the builder I was working for, well about 8 mos. After that she left the industry.

Recently I received a phone call from a very angry man saying I had been sleeping with his wife and he had proof. I told him I had known his wife, my number was in her phone, but I hadn’t spoken to her in three years. He proceeded to tell me all about all her escapades and mentioned my address and that he knew nobody was home, mentioned my wife’s name and that we wouldn’t want her to find out. So, after these statements, I leave work, call the wife, tell her to get in the house lock the doors and arm the alarm. I am on my way home. When I get home, LCP goes in the pocket, (I can’t carry at work) and we call the local sheriff’s office. Now I know he has not made a direct threat so they can’t really do anything. They dispatch 2 officers, must have been a slow night! Anyways, they call him and ask him to stop calling so they wouldn’t have to file harassment charges. A short time later I received another call, with another veiled threat. Again, police are called and he is contacted again.

Now, through some research I find this out.
    He is: Divorced, wife had a terrible accident under suspicious circumstances and has a permanent disability, he has multiple calls of PD to his home for unverifiable reasons, has a restraining order against him, and a charge for child abuse.

Now, I am glad I took the steps to protect my family. And better yet, the Mrs. who didn’t see why I wanted to carry now wants to get her permit!

Two notes:
    1) No I never slept with the dudes wife
    2) I have been on this forum for the whole time I have had my permit, but recently changed my screen name because I made myself too identifiable. So no this isn't my first post!
    I think it's time to learn some more about this guy.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

You might be able to get a waiver for CC at work if there is a active threat against you. Stay safe and keep your eyes open.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some people can't accept the fact that they are the problem in their lives. You've been alerted; keep the vigilance. Welcome back. Like Facebook, people think they're invisible behind the screen.
    ^^ Sage words. Sounds like he's looking for someone else to blame for his problems...realistically he is just creating more problems for himself. People like that will never see it for what it is. Stay safe, he could be very dangerous (people with nothing left to lose are at their most dangerous point).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I recommend a pocket or ankle holster for your LCP and talking with your boss to request permission to conceal carry at work due to the aforementioned circumstances. Additionally, I would get a handgun in a larger caliber such as 38 Special, 9mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP for the house and if financially feasible, a 12 gauge home defense shotgun. You can never be too careful in case that he decides to show up and considering that he has a few bolts loose in his head, he might even show up armed and ready to do some damage.

Also, I recommend a revolver such as the Ruger SP-101 in 38 special for the wife or a Glock 26. Be vigilant and watch your back...good luck!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I think it's time to learn some more about this guy.
    I agree. I doubt you've heard the last of this guy and as you describe him he sounds like a nut with real potential for being a very dangerous one. Watch your back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links