Skinny Jeans Rant....yes there is a question at the end

This is a discussion on Skinny Jeans Rant....yes there is a question at the end within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I need some new jeans. Sadly my old ones are too holy to wear anymore. But what is up with all these stupid skinny ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny Jeans Rant....yes there is a question at the end

Skinny Jeans Rant....yes there is a question at the end

So I need some new jeans. Sadly my old ones are too holy to wear anymore. But what is up with all these stupid skinny jeans? I am not a female and have no desire to dress like one!! It seems that my only options are super baggy or these pencil looking things. I broke down and brought a pair at the PX and now with my two mags in my pocket and my weapon holstered AIWB I'm DYING!!! My body type (average sized waist above average leg length) also has it's own challenges.

So here is my question, I know that there are other guys here that have similar shapes (long legs avg waist) what brand jeans do you usualy buy?

Second question: Am I doomed to carry spare mags on my belt until this DUMB fad passes?

Thanks guys....and gals too

2. Remove Ads

Wranglers or Carhartts

Last time I went to Kohls to shop for jeans I saw at minimum 10 (and that's a conservative estimate) different styles of jeans encompassing everything from the super skinny to the super baggy and everything in between. I think you just need to go to a store with a better selection.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I too have noticed the skinny jean fad, and in the stores I shop in too. It's not like I am going in to Fast Forward or the Gap.

I have had luck with Ralph Lauren, Concepts by Claiborne and also Sonoma (at Kohl's).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member
    Carhartt Relaxed fit w/ 17.5" leg opening (to go over boots).

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    Carhartt Relaxed fit w/ 17.5" leg opening (to go over boots).
    ^^^ What he said. I wear Carhartts exclusively. I guess I'm average? I'm 6'1 210lbs and a 34" waist(yeah yeah...I know I had too much junk food this year). That should give you some idea.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ^^^ What he said. I wear Carhartts exclusively. I guess I'm average? I'm 6'1 210lbs and a 34" waist(yeah yeah...I know I had too much junk food this year). That should give you some idea.
    I'm 5'7" and 150-155 lbs and have a 34" waist... wonder what that says about me? LOL

Well at 6' 235 Lbs and a 36 to 38 inch waist I guess that make me average on this site. The 48 inch chest actually gives me more problems finding a sport coat I can wear with a shoulder rig.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

OK, I must fit in here somewhere. I'm 5'8", 155/160lbs, I wear regular Wranglers 30/31 waist, 30 length with a 42" chest. They tailor use to cut apart the pants and rebuild them smaller when I bought suits fit for my shoulder rig.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

If you're in an area with a VF Outlet, they have about every kind of Wrangler and Lee jeans made. I get most of my jeans and casual pants there. I thought I recall seeing some Carhartt, too.

Bass Pro has a big selection of Carhartt.

Here's the link to find a VF store near you:
    http://www.vfoutlet.net/
    There ya go........

VIP Member
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

They just opened a Kohls in my area, I usually shop TJ Maxx and those kinds of discount places but I'll check. I wear a 38 to compensate for the IWB and my legs are about 38 if I could get a 40 leg I would be excited!! lol

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I have found that Beretta jeans fit really well. I just have to make sure that whatever jeans I buy now they are "relaxed" fit. Its heck getting old!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

mrm
    I either get the 5.11 pants or the riggs pants up at big r they are great and plenty of pockets also they are the ripstop material.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

For normal jean, check out JCPenney Arizona Jeans.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links