Nc school Parking lots

Nc school Parking lots

This is a discussion on Nc school Parking lots within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In georgia Parking lots are not considered owned by the school and are not considered school property. Is this the case in Nc also because ...

Nc school Parking lots

In georgia Parking lots are not considered owned by the school and are not considered school property. Is this the case in Nc also because my friend lives in apartments owned by the school and i am going to visit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Koooooooz View Post
    In georgia Parking lots are not considered owned by the school and are not considered school property. Is this the case in Nc also because my friend lives in apartments owned by the school and i am going to visit him.
    I'm assuming it college then. Unfortunately all school gun laws extend to everything about a school in NC. No carry in parking lots. Can you park off property and walk? Or worst case, call the campus PD and see if they have any way to secure a firearm.

Here is a link to the actual law regarding weapons on school property.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL..._14-269.2.html
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

As chief said, ALL educational property including parking lots is no firearms period. Leave it off premise or don't go.

School Parking Lot and also the Post Office Parking lot I believe is considered off limits for Weapon Carry. If you get caught by an over zealous police officer I guarantee it is going to cost you a few thousand dollars and a lot of court time. I don't even park on the postal service parking lot when going to the post office, but that is just me.

Possessing a firearm on ANY educational property in NC is a felony, parking lot, yard, private street, sidewalk.... if you get caught, you're likely to be facing a felony rap. DO NOT test THIS.

Park on a public street, leave it in the car and walk to your friend's place. You do not want to face prosecution on this one.

Bummer. In MO it's against the rules to have or carry a gun in a school or on it's premises. However, in your car, since your car is considered an extension of your home in MO, it's ok. You do need to be careful though, even if some things are legal. I once called our sheriffs office on this and got the no way answer. Upon further investigation, it is legal. Just don't take it out of your car. So, be careful even if it is legal. You might run into someone who doesn't know that and trouble could ensue.

Just another reason to join Grass Roots of NC and get some of our stupid CC laws changed. The majority of these laws have been on the books even before NC had CC laws. They are out dated and need to be changed. Nobody is doing more for NC gun owners than Grass Roots.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Just another reason to join Grass Roots of NC and get some of our stupid CC laws changed. The majority of these laws have been on the books even before NC had CC laws. They are out dated and need to be changed. Nobody is doing more for NC gun owners than Grass Roots.
    This is a bit of a stretch, there are many more people than GRNC that are working to improve the gun laws in NC. Seems the only thing GRNC can do real well is ask for donations and brag how they are the only ones doing anything. You'll get more bang for your buck spending it on postage for real letters to your representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    This is a bit of a stretch, there are many more people than GRNC that are working to improve the gun laws in NC. Seems the only thing GRNC can do real well is ask for donations and brag how they are the only ones doing anything. You'll get more bang for your buck spending it on postage for real letters to your representatives.
    Yeah right!! I don't care who you are, that there is funny!! Now back on topic for the OP.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links