I need a holster recommendation

This is a discussion on I need a holster recommendation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a holster for this gun Heritage Rough Rider .22 Basically what I want is something to put it in while I work around ...

Thread: I need a holster recommendation

I need a holster for this gun

Heritage Rough Rider .22

Basically what I want is something to put it in while I work around my animals on my own property, as it is a varmit gun for me. I am wanting to wear it on my left side for cross-draw, but speed or concealment is not a big issue here. Nothin fancy, just need a little retention and someplace to put it when I'm not holding it.

I've only seeen one holster that fits my bill, but since I'm not looking to carry this gun EDC, I'm not willing to put out as much as they wanted for it.

Any ideas?

EH, this was supposed to go in the "holster and carry options" section, oops! sorry guys!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

You can probably get a cheap-o Uncle Mikes with a velcro retention strap. I have no idea what size you would need.

That thing needs some leather. How about this? Look into cowboy action stuff. That gun will fit right in.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...ves%26rid%3D30
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    That thing needs some leather. How about this? Look into cowboy action stuff. That gun will fit right in.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...ves%26rid%3D30
    That's about the price range I'm looking for and you are right this gun screams cowboy leather, thanks for the link!!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    That's about the price range I'm looking for and you are right this gun screams cowboy leather, thanks for the link!!
    No problem. Just check the dimensions well. Make sure it's not designed for a much larger revolver.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Here's another one. It's got a strap across it that I like. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=129816
    Or if you want something "fancier", check this one out. It's kinda nifty. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=691335

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think a shoulder rig would be good to carry it while you're working around the farm(?). Check the Hunter line of inexpensive holsters. I carried my old H&R 9-shot 929 that way for years. Handy, out of the way. In fact, the pistol is gone but I think I still have the holster. For $5-6 to cover mailing it, I'd send it to you. I don't know if it would fit, but you can always put it on E-Bay. But if you'd rather go "cowboy" style, I'm sure you can find something inexpensive.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Cool

This company is resonable and their turn around time is good. I bought one of their Sourdoughs for my S&W 686. Nothing fancy but definately Old School style.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/

Check out their web deals. They have one made up for a Ruger Single Six .22 with 6 1/2 " barrel that may work for you.

http://simplyrugged.com/gear/wp-cont.../100_07131.JPG
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

A holster that fits a 6.5" Ruger Single Six should work. These are made by Triple K ...

Single Six® Holster - 6½" barrel - RH

Single Six® Holster - 6½" barrel - LH

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I think a shoulder rig would be good to carry it while you're working around the farm(?). Check the Hunter line of inexpensive holsters. I carried my old H&R 9-shot 929 that way for years. Handy, out of the way. In fact, the pistol is gone but I think I still have the holster. For $5-6 to cover mailing it, I'd send it to you. I don't know if it would fit, but you can always put it on E-Bay. But if you'd rather go "cowboy" style, I'm sure you can find something inexpensive.
    I PM'd you

Links