Was wrongfully arrested - ball in my court - Page 5

Was wrongfully arrested - ball in my court

This is a discussion on Was wrongfully arrested - ball in my court within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I'm coming in late on this one, but I had to add my $.02. It's nice that you're friends with the police chief ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I know I'm coming in late on this one, but I had to add my $.02.

It's nice that you're friends with the police chief and all, but if his officers don't know the law they are sworn to uphold then he's not doing his job.

It's the chief's responsibility, thru whatever training program the department has, to keep officers educated in the law and any changes.

If this officer is so ignorant of the statutes that he didn't even know what's legal and illegal with regard to weapons, what else doesn't he know? What else don't the other officers in the department know about the law?

It isn't your job to train him, and as a citizen it IS your job to hold public officials accountable. I would have required the department to overhaul it's training program, I would have required specific training in the rights of private citizens with regard to firearms, and I would have required some amount of monetary compensation from the department. Lastly I would have demanded the officer's badge as an example to his fellow officers.

And I wouldn't have lifted a finger to help with any of it, except to review what they came up with to see if it met with my satisfaction. YOU'RE already paying these people thru your taxes to be competent and trained. Why should you put forth further effort?

If they didn't comply with the above, I would have sued the pants off them and become a rich man. Heck, I might have just forgotten about being nice and sued instead.

Make them do the job you're paying them to do.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    gddyup,

I seem to remember reading that this happened at a Barnes & Noble or Borders bookstore in Manchester. I could be wrong, but I think that I read about it here on cc.com a few years ago when it happened.
    Len, that was actually another case along the same lines. The incident I mentioned happened in Salem, NH not that long ago, within the last 24-36 or so months if I remember. I just Google'd it and came up with the article I had read about it. October 2005 in the Union Leader...

Linky : http://underground.soulawakenings.co...g+Police+in+NH
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Gads, there seems to be an epidemic of NH LEOs not knowing their laws!

Sam Cohen (author of the article) is a very long time good friend of mine who escaped from MA to NH some years ago.

Thanks for the link.

I know its too late, but have him watch the movie "Innocents Betrayed" by the JPFO. Its available on their website. http://www.jpfo.org

So now that Monday hs come and gone....

What was the decision on what to do?

You audience would like an update.
    Team WTFDTSG?

***** happens, it becomes the past. Live with it, learn from it and get on with it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links