Can I leave it in Six Flags' parking lot?

This is a discussion on Can I leave it in Six Flags' parking lot? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be visiting Six Flags with my girlfriend tomorrow (we're from Oklahoma) and need to know if I can leave it in the ...

Thread: Can I leave it in Six Flags' parking lot?

I'm going to be visiting Six Flags with my girlfriend tomorrow (we're from Oklahoma) and need to know if I can leave it in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure from my research that I can't carry it at the park, and not sure I'd really want to. Anyway, I just need to know if I'm legal to leave it in my vehicle. Calling both the Dallas and Tarrant county sheriff's offices was useless.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I can't see why not..... I mean who needs know except you and yours. To play it safe I'd probably only let my wife know I was leaving it in the car. One thing I'd do though, grab the OC spray and a good folder to take on the defense role to and from the parking lot. These days it doesn't need to be dark to attract the ghouls and come up on the short end of it..

Stay safe out there and have a good time.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I'm going to be visiting Six Flags with my girlfriend tomorrow (we're from Oklahoma) and need to know if I can leave it in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure from my research that I can't carry it at the park, and not sure I'd really want to. Anyway, I just need to know if I'm legal to leave it in my vehicle. Calling both the Dallas and Tarrant county sheriff's offices was useless.
    It all depends on what "it' is.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I just got back from there, yeah the parking lot is fine. They have metal detectors at the gate that start being used around dark. If you get there after that be prepared to leave your knife in the car too or you will have to give it up to them for safe keeping. You get it back when you leave the park. If you get there around 3:00PM or so you could walk in with a Barrett under your shift and they wouldn't notice, they are only checking bags at that point.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Hide it in a Center of Mass safe in the trunk...who will know?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The parking lot is not posted, so you can leave it there. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if the park is properly posted. I do know you have to go through metal detectors and I have checked my knives before, so they won't let you in with a firearm.

Stow it in a COM safe and you're good to go.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Well in my jeep I have a good safe to keep it in. I'm taking my parents car for the gas mileage though. I'm going to take the lockbox out of its base and lock the pistol inside, then chain the handle to something in the car. Thanks for the info guys.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well in my jeep I have a good safe to keep it in. I'm taking my parents car for the gas mileage though. I'm going to take the lockbox out of its base and lock the pistol inside, then chain the handle to something in the car. Thanks for the info guys.
    I keep one of those big cable locks in my wifes car that came with one of my guns in a pinch you can run the cable through the trigger guard (unloaded of course!) and through the frame under the seat that is bolted to the floor keeps it out of view and fairly secure.

I know in Texas there is pretty specific laws about amusement parks. The Parking lot is ok but not in the park if it operates more than a certain number of days a year, is a certain size park, Admission through a controlled area... Etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    I know in Texas there is pretty specific laws about amusement parks. The Parking lot is ok but not in the park if it operates more than a certain number of days a year, is a certain size park, Admission through a controlled area... Etc...
    I dont recall the exact number of days but yeah, Six Flags exceeds the minimum number of days. Weirdly enough the state fair (that allows carry now) isnt open enough days to qualify as an amusement park. Pretty weird. Sis Flags will wand you before you enter so I even leave my spare mags behind when I go. Heck, one time they didnt want to let me in, they thought my hat and boots was a "costume" of some kind.

Alex!

Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

Well six flags ended up being a bust due to rain. We did a couple other things while down there so the trip was worth it, but we stayed at six flags about two hours before deciding to leave when the rain didn't clear out. Got rain checks though so we can go back. As for the gun, locked it up in the car along with my knife. They were running the metal detectors at about 1:00 when we came in, though I saw no signs. I figure they'd have flipped out though, and the consensus seems to be that's it's illegal to carry there, sign or not.
    My blog

So if you get there early, you avoid being wanded and the whole security screen? That seems strange. I assume that Texas has specific laws about amusement parks?

Toorop; Yes, we do:

Amusement parks; Amusement Parks means a permanent indoor or outdoor facility or park where
    amusement rides are available for use by the public that is located in a county with a population of
    more than one million, encompasses at least 75 acres in surface area, is enclosed with access only
    through controlled entries, is open for operation more than 120 days in each calendar year, and has
    security guards on the premises at all times. The term does not include any public or private
    driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

Sponsored Links