Droppin' Your Pants..

Droppin' Your Pants..

This is a discussion on Droppin' Your Pants.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question #1. I haven't encountered this problem yet but I'm sure I will. So, you're at McDonalds and you have to visit the restroom. There's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droppin' Your Pants..

Droppin' Your Pants..

Question #1.
    I haven't encountered this problem yet but I'm sure I will. So, you're at McDonalds and you have to visit the restroom. There's those crappy doors that you see anyone's feet under and you just came up with your first reason to own a shoulder rig. What do you do?

Question #2.
    In WA it's legal to carry in a restaurant that serves liquor provided you're not seated in an area only open to those 21 & over (the bar). Obviously an establishment that is strictly a bar is off limits. Say you're in mixed company where no one knows you're carrying and someone wants to stop in for a drink. What do you say?

limatunes has a good video on the subject of bathrooms on YouTube under the name limalife.

Here is the thread with that video: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...Using-bathroom
    Last edited by gpsxplr; October 23rd, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: added link to video tread
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

drop your pants normal and then pull enough boxers back up to place over weapon

Things I do:
    1. I try to avoid public restrooms all together.
    2. If possible shoot for the handicap stahl
    3. I unholster and keep my gun in hand. When the dead is done I place her somewhere safe till I can reholster and get out of dodge.

shoulder rig,definitly has its pluses.

I don't really worry about it. Just drop my pants and do what I have to do. Who cares if someone notices.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide13 View Post
    drop your pants normal and then pull enough boxers back up to place over weapon
    When using this method, one has to be very careful when getting dressed again, I used to do this until I flipped my handgun on the floor of my last job when the grip got caught up in the let of the boxers.

That is a very distinct sound, even for a polymer frame .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    Question #2.
    In WA it's legal to carry in a restaurant that serves liquor provided you're not seated in an area only open to those 21 & over (the bar). Obviously an establishment that is strictly a bar is off limits. Say you're in mixed company where no one knows you're carrying and someone wants to stop in for a drink. What do you say?
    Well, you can just say "no," or tell them to go ahead while you make a call or check your tire pressure (whatever), you'll meet them inside; or, when you get to the door of said pub, say something like, "Oops, I need to go back to the car to get/do/I forgot something."

Or, you could just grumble something like, "*%$* anti-self defense laws... I need to lock my gun in my car before I go in there." Which would likely open the door for lively conversation once you're inside.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    1. Nature waits for no man (or gun).

2. "Not tonight, I've got a headache."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I agree with another poster in that I don't much care if someone may catch a glimpse of my gun. Granted, I live in Arizona where carrying a gun is about as common as a pocket clip knife. Its amazing how our new gun law totally changed public perception towards seeing a gun.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

This topis comes up often on the forum. Use the search button. But the info won't change much.
    The best solution is place it in the Underwear Hammock " when you drop your drawers your underwear forms the perfect hammock to place your weapon in. Problem solved!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I drop trow like normal and let the holstered weapon remain on the belt and flop it between the pant legs..no one can see it
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    Question #2.
    I say "No, thanks. I don't like bars; there are too many violent incidents because of the drunk people there, and I still have to drive home so I'd rather not drink. If you'd like to go to a restaurant and grab a bite to eat as well as a drink, I'm up for that."

If the group decides they want to go to a bar, I say "Have nice night. See you later!" and leave.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    For question 1, in a kind of restroom like that and I am wearing a strong side belt holster, I would first remove my holster containing my pistol in it and place it inside my pants or I would place it somewhere in the stall where it cannot be noticed. This also goes to show why I also use the horizontal shoulder holster as annother option as I do not have to worry about removing that when seated in the toilet.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    For question #2, I would treat it the same way as in any public restroom. As for now in my state, we can carry concealed as long as we have a permit and we don't drink alcohol. Before that, I generally avoid establishments that serve alcohol or if I have to go out w/ friends and family, I would have to leave my carry pistol in the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links