"The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs..." - Page 2

"The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs..."

This is a discussion on "The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs..." within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by P95Carry From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are ...

View Poll Results: how old are you?

Voters
287. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18-20

3 1.05%
  • 21-30

57 19.86%
  • 30-40

82 28.57%
  • 40-50

63 21.95%
  • 50+

82 28.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are very much IMO taking up a CCW option.
    "Old folks" want to "level the field", so to speak......."God made people, Smith&Wesson made them equal"...or something like that?

The shooting club we go to is predominantly 30-60 year olds, but we're seeing more 18-30 years olds pretty consistently.

Age of Kansas legislators?

I'll give odds that most of the Kansas legislators who passed the new CCW law, and then overrode Sibelius' veto, were in the 30-60 year age range. And these legislators are generally pretty aware of their constituent voters' opinions, who also tend to be 30 to 60 years old.

So if those 30 to 60 year olds are not interested in CCW, why did they work so hard to pass it over all the liberal whining?

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I'm 25. I've owned my H&K since my birthday 3 years ago. Since then I've encouraged every single one of my friends to join me at the range or to take "refresher" beginners courses with me. Many have since become avid shooters (even a few who were previously Antis) - some even becoming better shots than I. One of those Antis now owns a Springfield 1911 Microcompact and she is currently applying for her CCW in northern VA. I myself will have my CCW by the end of the year either through a local shop or when I take Gunsite's 150-level course in December.

Whether I am carrying or not I will not visit a store that prohibits posession. I usually make it a point to let the manager (albeit politely) why I will be taking my money elsewhere. Luckily I live in Arizona so the only places that don't want you carrying are pawn shops and government buildings. haha

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are very much IMO taking up a CCW option.I wonder where the heck that is supposed to be.! From my take that is pure horsepucky!
    It either means he's ignorant and keeps his head in the sand, or it means that the olds farts are actually skilled in keeping a CCW concealed and he doesn't know about them. That would be the main idea. Perhaps he has some carrying customers who will talk to him like Woody357 suggested.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by TonyW
    A comment on the poll, since I'm exactly 40 (well, not exactly say 40 years and one month or so) I chose the 30-40 option instead of the 40-50. I try and act and think younger, even if most mornings my body feels older!!!
    Sorry dude, your over 40, might as well face it.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

My hope would be that his customers are good concealed carry holders, concealed also includes not telling those around you that you carry!
    So in a sense he should not know that his customers are carrying.

The obvious

The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs that need to be closed down. My people are between 30 and 60 and they don't carry guns."

No one else sees the obvious response of: "They don't carry guns yet. The law just took effect." And as was just posted, he should not know anyway.

I turned 25 on May 18. I have been carrying since 9-29-05.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I think someone said it best:

I think Bill Engvall said it best. "Some people should have to wear a sign that says I'm Stupid." Then we wouldn't have to bother listening to them. We would see the sign coming and just ignore.

I noticed the Wal Mart comment right off as they seem to be the popular destination to test out a new CCW permit...funny, I don't recall hearing about much crime at Wal Mart

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwnnj
    I noticed the Wal Mart comment right off as they seem to be the popular destination to test out a new CCW permit...funny, I don't recall hearing about much crime at Wal Mart

That's a good point VZWNN, You probably won't find a more diverse group of people at many locations other than at you local neighborhood Wally World.

Iv'e only come across one store here in VA that had a sign saying no CCW allowed. Even the local gun store has a sign that says it's okay, just keep it in the holster.

But then carry is not allowed at any alcohal serving place, That rules out the need for a lot of people that could feel they need to ban it too.

Oh yeah, Just turned 35 last month. Right in the middle of my age group.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    "We've already got a bunch of people carrying concealed. We call them criminals," Oliver says.
    Well, I guess I was a criminal since I carried for years before the State began issuing permits. I simply rationalized that I was being responsible for my own safety. Call it what you want but I have always refused to be one of the sheep.

"I really don't see people walking in carrying a gun to have a cheeseburger and a beer."
    This dude is a moron !!! Of course he does not see them. We CAN"T CARRY guns into drinking establishments. AND those of us that can, WE ARE CONCEALED. Damn.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I am 33, AND I love an ultra carry with my cheeseburger....In fact they go together ALL the time.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I just keep wondering how long it's going to take for folks to realize that it is not Crime Control or Gun Safety, but Control of the People.

The Anti Gun, Big Government folks have an agenda, the Total and Absolute Control of the Citizens of the US. And the main thing they want to control, is what you do, what you think and your ability to keep the money you earn.

Why else would the US Government have only 14,000 Border Patrol Officer to control the US Borders and Coast to watch for Criminals and Terrorist who want to kill you, but 100,000 IRS Agents to watch over your money? Explain that to me, please.

Jungle Work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links