Votes: 63 22.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 82 28.6%

"The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs..."

4K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  Miggy 
#1 ·
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13679820/

New CC law:
"It won't have any bearing on us," he says. "Those aren't my customers. The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs that need to be closed down. My people are between 30 and 60 and they don't carry guns."

""I really don't see people walking in carrying a gun to have a cheeseburger and a beer."
Some people just don't get it. They are more worried about the permit holders than the CRIMINALS. How asinine is that?

How many times have we heard the argument that...'it will be like the wild west, blood will run in the streets..'?

As far as age of permit holders, let's do a brief poll..........

#3 · (Edited)
Beginning Saturday, Kansans can apply for permits to carry concealed weapons. On Jan. 1 any approved permits will be handed out and anyone over 21 with a permit can carry a concealed weapon wherever they go -- with a few exceptions.
To quote the NRA IT'S THE CRIMINALS STUPID and they will not apply for the permit, becuse if they do just like here (MI) they will be denied and hopefully arrested.

One more thing Us old farts need our guns too, 1 old fart paying attention with HK USP .45 12+1 with M6X tac light, and a group of 5-8 loud mouthed, over testroned, poorly raised, out for trouble, want to kick / rob someone, any one's rear end, = peace of mind and an even match.

#4 ·
goawayfarm said:
Some people just don't get it. They are more worried about the permit holders than the CRIMINALS. How asinine is that?
Good way to put it.

Notice there's no one pro-gun quoted in the article as saying something to the effect that "Now the good guys will be allowed to have guns".

So much for balanced reporting:hand1:

#5 ·
"It won't have any bearing on us," he says. "Those aren't my customers. The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs that need to be closed down. My people are between 30 and 60 and they don't carry guns."

""I really don't see people walking in carrying a gun to have a cheeseburger and a beer."

Ignorant...very ignorant.

Just last week I did a CCW class that had nothing but graduated college students in it. Most of them were friends of my oldest son. They were all very interested the current state of affairs and concerned about their personal defense since they had all left home and no longer had the protection of mom and pop.

In this area, I see this as a growing trend. It appears the more and more "young people" are waking up...the same young people that SFB is trying to alienate.

#6 ·
It's the same story as happens every time a State passes a CC law. At first everyone is all afraid that people will be shooting other people over coffee and donuts for small infractions of politeness. Businesses are going to try to prevent people from carrying in their establishments - so what this really comes down to is a test of the private citizen's DESIRE and WILL to carry. If people stop carrying so they can keep going to Bob's Hamburger Stand, then the anti's win in the end, even if Kansas DOES finally have a CC law.
If people STOP frequenting businesses that are prohibiting CC as a matter of fear or spite, then eventually that will impact a business's income...which will influence policy. That's just the cycle of things when a State implements a carry law. Take a look at what's going on in Ohio - same thing.

Besides - isn't Kansas the State that produced Reverand Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church?

#7 ·
One part sour grapes for the losers in the Kansas CCW ordeal- it was a nasty, prolonged fight. (That belies Sebelius's statement that the CCW legislation was "rushed through"- it was over her veto that it passed, and it wasn't the first time the CCW bill had gotten through the Kansas legislature. The last time (maybe the last two times), she had vetoed it and her veto stuck).

Those Kansas business owners who are worried should do the following: A) check out what's happened in OTHER States with CCW (the answer is "not much"); and, B) realize that "no guns allowed" signs also can equal, at least to a crafty Plaintiff's lawyer, "We will PROTECT you from violence in our store since we won't let you do it yourself".

I believe (and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me) that in Texas after the infamous Luby's massacre, a lady sued Luby's (and won) because she, in compliance with Texas law and Luby's policy, left her gun in her car. Very shortly thereafter her father was murdered by the deranged perpetrator.

#9 ·
"WHAT BUSINESSES THINK

Most Wichita retailers, restaurateurs and bar owners admit they're not sure how -- or if -- the law will impact them. Oliver contends many businesses have already been faced with the issue and don't realize it. ....................................

If guns are concealed, Wal-Mart will have no problems admitting armed shoppers in Kansas, says company spokesman Dan Fogleman in Bentonville, Ark.

"But if a handgun is displayed openly and it has the potential to be disruptive to business, our managers have the discretion to take appropriate action," Fogleman says. "I wouldn't say that we've had any unnecessary issues with this in any of our stores."
"

God Bless Walmart. :smilez:

#10 ·
A comment on the poll, since I'm exactly 40 (well, not exactly say 40 years and one month or so) I chose the 30-40 option instead of the 40-50. I try and act and think younger, even if most mornings my body feels older!!!

#11 ·
Sheldon J said:
One more thing Us old farts need our guns too, 1 old fart paying attention with HK USP .45 12+1 with M6X tac light, and a group of 5-8 loud mouthed, over testroned, poorly raised, out for trouble, want to kick / rob someone, any one's rear end, = peace of mind and an even match.
Very well said... Although, I'm not quite an old fart {46} I'm not as good as I used to be either and will use every advantage I can to protect me & mine.

#12 ·
randytulsa2 said:
....that in Texas after the infamous Luby's massacre, a lady sued Luby's (and won) because she, in compliance with Texas law and Luby's policy, left her gun in her car. Very shortly thereafter her father was murdered by the deranged perpetrator.
It happened in Killeen, Texas in Oct 1991. The woman you referenced is http://www.suzannahupp.com/

Both of her parents were killed, while her gun was in her car outside, since it was illegal at the time to have it on her.

#13 ·
From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are very much IMO taking up a CCW option.
My people are between 30 and 60 and they don't carry guns."
I wonder where the heck that is supposed to be.! From my take that is pure horsepucky!

#14 ·
Blood in the streets...
Shooting at every little thing...
People dying in shoot outs...

Same old same old. Saw it all when Virginia went shall issue in 1995. I need to stop in a visit an old newspaper editor and ask him how his predictions have been thus far after over 11 years now.

Just another state I can take my no guns no $$$ card to now. I have in-laws in Kansas so once the signs go up I'll be dropping off the cards.

#15 ·
If the state writes the requirements to get a CCW with any intellect and understanding, reasonable and responsible conduct of the individuals who receive their permit will be insured. This has been proven to be the case in every state who has gone this way before Kansas. Now my question is: "What is the big deal?" Knowing as I do that the liberal left just can not understand the simplicity of the concept.

#16 ·
P95Carry said:
From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are very much IMO taking up a CCW option.
"Old folks" want to "level the field", so to speak......."God made people, Smith&Wesson made them equal"...or something like that?

The shooting club we go to is predominantly 30-60 year olds, but we're seeing more 18-30 years olds pretty consistently.

#17 ·
Age of Kansas legislators?

I'll give odds that most of the Kansas legislators who passed the new CCW law, and then overrode Sibelius' veto, were in the 30-60 year age range. And these legislators are generally pretty aware of their constituent voters' opinions, who also tend to be 30 to 60 years old.

So if those 30 to 60 year olds are not interested in CCW, why did they work so hard to pass it over all the liberal whining?

#18 ·
I'm 25. I've owned my H&K since my birthday 3 years ago. Since then I've encouraged every single one of my friends to join me at the range or to take "refresher" beginners courses with me. Many have since become avid shooters (even a few who were previously Antis) - some even becoming better shots than I. One of those Antis now owns a Springfield 1911 Microcompact and she is currently applying for her CCW in northern VA. I myself will have my CCW by the end of the year either through a local shop or when I take Gunsite's 150-level course in December.

Whether I am carrying or not I will not visit a store that prohibits posession. I usually make it a point to let the manager (albeit politely) why I will be taking my money elsewhere. Luckily I live in Arizona so the only places that don't want you carrying are pawn shops and government buildings. haha

#19 ·
P95Carry said:
From my perception and tho I see (encouragingly) some young folks taking classes - it is the old farts who are very much IMO taking up a CCW option.I wonder where the heck that is supposed to be.! From my take that is pure horsepucky!
It either means he's ignorant and keeps his head in the sand, or it means that the olds farts are actually skilled in keeping a CCW concealed and he doesn't know about them. That would be the main idea. Perhaps he has some carrying customers who will talk to him like Woody357 suggested.

#20 ·
TonyW said:
A comment on the poll, since I'm exactly 40 (well, not exactly say 40 years and one month or so) I chose the 30-40 option instead of the 40-50. I try and act and think younger, even if most mornings my body feels older!!!
Sorry dude, your over 40,:gah: might as well face it.

#21 ·
My hope would be that his customers are good concealed carry holders, concealed also includes not telling those around you that you carry!
So in a sense he should not know that his customers are carrying.:wave:

#22 ·
The obvious

The guys with guns are the young people, the gangs that need to be closed down. My people are between 30 and 60 and they don't carry guns."

No one else sees the obvious response of: "They don't carry guns yet. The law just took effect." And as was just posted, he should not know anyway.

#24 ·
I think someone said it best:

I think Bill Engvall said it best. "Some people should have to wear a sign that says I'm Stupid." Then we wouldn't have to bother listening to them. We would see the sign coming and just ignore.:danceban:

#26 ·
vzwnnj said:
I noticed the Wal Mart comment right off as they seem to be the popular destination to test out a new CCW permit...funny, I don't recall hearing about much crime at Wal Mart

That's a good point VZWNN, You probably won't find a more diverse group of people at many locations other than at you local neighborhood Wally World.

Iv'e only come across one store here in VA that had a sign saying no CCW allowed. Even the local gun store has a sign that says it's okay, just keep it in the holster.

But then carry is not allowed at any alcohal serving place, That rules out the need for a lot of people that could feel they need to ban it too.

Oh yeah, Just turned 35 last month. Right in the middle of my age group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.