I'm getting OLD - Page 2

I'm getting OLD

This is a discussion on I'm getting OLD within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wvshooter Speaking of cell phones, I threw mine into a fast food trash can a few months ago and didn't miss it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I'm getting OLD

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Speaking of cell phones, I threw mine into a fast food trash can a few months ago and didn't miss it for a couple hours.
    The start of freedom ... and you "threw it away"?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This getting old crap just ain't for sissies. I don't recommend it at all, but I can't think of any alternatives.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Zsnake ... have you learned the 'secret handshake' yet?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yep....with one finger extended! LOL@ccw9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post

Next I'll be looking for my glasses when they're on my head!
    I hate to admit but I did that yesterday. Get back to the office from lunch and I'm looking all over the car for my glasses. My co-worker asks me what I am looking for. I say, "my glasses". The a.. doesn't say anything and lets me keep looking for a while and finally starts laughing and points to my face! Don't worry, payback is hell!

Geeesh, Reading all this, I had something funny to say, but I can't remember it now...??
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Over the years I have left my gun in jail lock boxes, sitting on the back of the commode, hanging on a hook in the bathroom stall, have forgotten the combo to my emergency grab and go pistol box and found a J frame Smith in the inside pocket of my motorcycle jacket from last time I was home on leave and have grabbed the wrong mags for the particular gun I was carrying at the time. Luckily something clicked and it just didn't look right to my brain and caught the mistake before I left the house.

It can happen to all of us at one time or another young or old. Don't know that I have ever looked for my cell while talking on it though.
    As a young energetic LEO I left the rear of the station where we process prisoners and went for dinner at a local Daisy’s coffee shop. I recall a few looks from people as I strutted over to a booth. I received a call for backup and then noticed my heavy-ass service revolver was missing! I raced back to the station where I left it inside the jail lockbox.

These days it is definitely more about age, meds or just preoccupation. Strange, when I was young I felt sorry for old people because I thought they were simply born that way.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I reckon I'll tell on my self now...

This summer I went out of town for 3 days with the family. I toted my little P11 IWB the entire time. When I got home and was putting it into the safe... a sad realization hit me! I had unloaded it and cleaned it the weekend before I went on the trip and had never reloaded it!!!!!!!! Since I leave it loaded (usually) my old timers had kicked in and I forgot I had unloaded it. I carried a perfectly good EMPTY gun the whole dern weekend! I kept thinking of "what if I had to use it"!

What was I saying?
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

VIP Member
    Morning 'billfromtx'
    Reason number seven why I carry a revolver with a full moonclip. When one is out, they’re all out and vise-versa. Aside from the visual appearance of casings, its quite easy to notice the difference in weight with five rounds of 135gr ammo.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    As my favorite sweatshirt says,

Over the Hill?????
    What Hill? Where?
    I don't remember a hill!!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Speaking of cell phones, I threw mine into a fast food trash can
    My first place to look when I am in "where in the heck did that thing go it was here a minute ago" mode is the trash.

I panicked looking for my house keys one night...while I was driving my car - with the keys in the ignition!

Not as bad as my parents, now in their 90's. I can call and talk to them about the same things every day and they don't remember talking about them yesterday. I can't wait.
    Last edited by 1SGCasey; October 29th, 2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

Man...I have never done anything like any of you guys have...LOL...thats my story and I am sticking to it. whenever I do anything stupid I can always count on my spouse to point it out to me. I dont have to beat myself up about anything...LOL. Seem like I am doing something along these lines on a daily basis!!
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I think getting older is fun...........you can blame everything on everyone else and nobody cares.
    Just watch what you whip out when a threat occurs.........it might not be licensed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Man...I have never done anything like any of you guys have...LOL...thats my story and I am sticking to it. whenever I do anything stupid I can always count on my spouse to point it out to me...
    Women...
    ~ Stephen King

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links