I'm getting OLD - Page 3

I'm getting OLD

This is a discussion on I'm getting OLD within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I'm getting OLD

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
    Rick

Gun owners' prayer:
    "Dear Lord; if I die please don't let my wife sell my gun collection...........for what I told her it was worth"

Luckily I havn't fogot my gun somewhere YET! I do worry though because I usually carry my reload in a speed strip that I put in the little coin or watch pocket of my jeans. You know the small one inside the right front on some jeans. This works well, so well that when I put the snubbie to bed for the night I sometimes forget to remove the speedstip. I worry that someday the wife is going to do laundry and the ammo's going to go through the washer and dryer. It' would be bad enough to ruin the ammo, but I don't know how well it would take to the drying. I'd hate to have a round go off in the dryer.
    I guess I am going to have to start implementing a system "shutdown" procedure every night

I could be worse, guys. A few years ago a LEO in my neighborhood was washing his issued car and went off somewhere leaving the trunk open. Later he found that his MP3 and shotgun were missing. A bunch of years later they recovered the auto, but the shotgun is still amiss.

As an aside, he did NOT get fired. As a further aside, a fellow cop who staged a photo op with their dummy's (Used in fake radar traps) butt out the window of a squad car, DID get fired...go figure.

Confession........I got up off the couch, walked to the kitchen, and forgot what I went there for.
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Every morning, when I leave for work, I stand at the door and take inventory: Glasses? Check. Wallet? Check, etc. If I don't do that, I'll get to work and reach for my phone, reading specs or something and find nothing...
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

Lolllllllllllllllllll

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joecs1 View Post
    Confession........I got up off the couch, walked to the kitchen, and forgot what I went there for.
    When that happens, just go back to the couch. Then you'll remember.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    An empty holster! Now that's funny.

I was talking to my mom the other day and searching frantically for my cell phone. I was on it.
    Did this just the other day! And I'm only 34!

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I think getting older is fun...........you can blame everything on everyone else and nobody cares.
    Just watch what you whip out when a threat occurs.........it might not be licensed.
    LOL!

Im 25 and scared.Ive been shot,had my leg broke with a baseball bat,fell out of a 2 story house while smokin reefer.Sweet dang,i hope i die before i hit 50.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    I reckon I'll tell on my self now...

This summer I went out of town for 3 days with the family. I toted my little P11 IWB the entire time. When I got home and was putting it into the safe... a sad realization hit me! I had unloaded it and cleaned it the weekend before I went on the trip and had never reloaded it!!!!!!!! Since I leave it loaded (usually) my old timers had kicked in and I forgot I had unloaded it. I carried a perfectly good EMPTY gun the whole dern weekend! I kept thinking of "what if I had to use it"! What was I saying?

I realized one evening as I came home and went to use the internal lock on my S&W 442 snubnosed 38 that I had been carrying it for DAYS with the internal lock engaged. It was loaded, but a paperweight none the less. That was the last time I used the internal lock and began using cable locks until I got my small handgun safe upstairs. The internal lock has now been completely removed from that weapon. I felt like a total moron, carrying a loaded weapon (for who knows how many days) that was 100% incapacitated.

A friend of mine I work with is a bit older than I and we hang out together a lot. I tell him I'm old by association. His favorate saying is, "I may have Alzheimer's, but the good news is at least I don't have Alzheimer's!!!"

He sure doesn't seem as old as he is...cool dude. He's under the perpetual perception that we're the same age (i.e. you remember back in 57 when....and I'm like, "I wasn't born yet.").
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

My morning involves me taking my backpack, etc out to the car.

Then coming back in to get the mail off the counter for the mailbox.

Then coming back in again to get the coffee cup sitting next to the mail.

Why do everything at once when you can take 3-4 trips as you remember stuff....

It's not as bad as it could be. Back in the day, when your eyes or ears started to go, something ate you.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

I've got a 40 year old mind,of course I've been searching for it for the last 27 years.I just turned 67

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    It's not as bad as it could be. Back in the day, when your eyes or ears started to go, something ate you.
    True!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links