I'm getting OLD

I'm getting OLD

This is a discussion on I'm getting OLD within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had purchased a .380 Desert Eagle a few months ago, and it has been my constant companion ever since. Yesterday, a guy showed up ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I'm getting OLD

I'm getting OLD

I had purchased a .380 Desert Eagle a few months ago, and it has been my constant companion ever since.

Yesterday, a guy showed up to possibly purchase my wife's car, so I slipped it into my pocket (at least I thought I did) as I got into the car for his test ride. Well, he ended up purchasing it and for the rest of the day I did various chores and fun stuff.

When I was about to retire in the evening, I put my hand into my pocket to retrieve the .380 and.....IT WASN'T THERE. $%&*&^%$@$#%

I looked on the front porch where I usually read my mail....Nope.
    I looked in the garden were we had wine and cheese that afternoon....Nope.
    I looked in the couch cushions and the easy chair...the computer desk....the kitchen....Nope, nope, nope.

Panic now setting in.

I re-searched everywhere....nada!

Finially, I figured I might as well go to bed.

As I was taking off my pants, they got hung up on my ankle holster which, of course, held the little guy tight to my leg. LOL

Next I'll be looking for my glasses when they're on my head!
    Buckj likes this.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    The sad part is, I can relate.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    My brother died recently from a massive stroke probably due to his Alzheimers disease. He was only 67. My wife and I went to the drug store where he got some of his medicines to make sure all the charges were current. When we asked the young, good looking lady at the pharmacy counter to see if there were any outstanding bills, she looked at me and said, " I remember your brother, we haven't seen him in a long time." I then asked her how she remembered my brother if she hadn't seen him in a long time. He had been in a nursing home for about a year and a half. She answered, " Oh, I remember him alright, he was the only customer I've ever had who came in several times a week in his pajamas and slippers." Before he went to the nursing home, he would often get in his car and drive without getting dressed. He even was stopped several times walking out of his condo complex in just his undershorts. Cheer up, old age has lots of cruel jokes to play on you.

Yep, we're in for a wild ride! Getting old is not for the faint of heart!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Well, I guess I'll fess up too. The other day I put on my holster, magazine pouch and TDI. Loaded 'em up and headed out to do some shopping. When I got home I went to take off all my gear and there sitting on my dresser was my Glock!

I was well armed with the TDI and a spare magazine, oh, and an empty holster.

Now my routine has an additional systems check before leaving. SHEESH!
    INccwchris likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    My brother died recently from a massive stroke probably due to his Alzheimers disease. He was only 67. My wife and I went to the drug store where he got some of his medicines to make sure all the charges were current. When we asked the young, good looking lady at the pharmacy counter to see if there were any outstanding bills, she looked at me and said, " I remember your brother, we haven't seen him in a long time." I then asked her how she remembered my brother if she hadn't seen him in a long time. He had been in a nursing home for about a year and a half. She answered, " Oh, I remember him alright, he was the only customer I've ever had who came in several times a week in his pajamas and slippers." Before he went to the nursing home, he would often get in his car and drive without getting dressed. He even was stopped several times walking out of his condo complex in just his undershorts. Cheer up, old age has lots of cruel jokes to play on you.
    Can't wait until I can do this and blame it on old age.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

I may try it tomorrow just for giggles.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Well, I guess I'll fess up too. The other day I put on my holster, magazine pouch and TDI. Loaded 'em up and headed out to do some shopping. When I got home I went to take off all my gear and there sitting on my dresser was my Glock!

I was well armed with the TDI and a spare magazine, oh, and an empty holster.

Now my routine has an additional systems check before leaving. SHEESH!
    That's quite a confession...glad you didn't need it. Murphy's law, the one time I did something like that would be the one time in 40 years I needed my weapon.

I can't carry at work, but I do go out to lunch a couple days a week and carry while out at lunch and lock it back in my truck safe when I return before going back in. I told my co-worker the other day that one of these days I'm going to forget and walk back into the building with it OWB or IWB exposed (shirt and tie with no tuckable holster). I've already walked back in with spare mags in my pocket. No one said getting old was easy.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    An empty holster! Now that's funny.

I was talking to my mom the other day and searching frantically for my cell phone. I was on it.
    INccwchris likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    As I was taking off my pants, they got hung up on my ankle holster which, of course, held the little guy tight to my leg. LOL
    Oops. At least you can blame it on the holster. That must be one fine piece of leatherwork, there. Sounds like the makings of a good "atta-boy" letter to the holster maker, offering kudos for such a comfortable little unit.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I may try it tomorrow just for giggles.
    Getting "the giggles."

That's what we call it. It's code for when you're left with nothing but being able to laugh at yourself for having committed a private mental burp. Privately is the key.

Of course, if caught, you'll need to fess up. That's when you'll find a few other terms invaluable. They're called brainfades, brainfarts for the more serious incidents, or "Senior" moments when amongst friends who can understand.

Look on the bright side: If you get Alzheimer's, you won't know you've got it. So, don't worry so much.

Now, where did I put those shoelaces ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post

I was talking to my mom the other day and searching frantically for my cell phone. I was on it.

Hey! Thats not even funny. lol I did it last week. My pbone is my everything...calendar, date book, notes, internet...etc. I was on the phone with a friend and needed to Google something...started looking around...the whole entire time with phone to ear...then my wife asked what I was looking for...I'm like "My phone! Where is it!? Did you move it again? I need it."

Looking back...I understand now the look she had on her face lol She must have thought I lost my mind.

VIP Member

Thanks CG, I feel a little better now!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Over the years I have left my gun in jail lock boxes, sitting on the back of the commode, hanging on a hook in the bathroom stall, have forgotten the combo to my emergency grab and go pistol box and found a J frame Smith in the inside pocket of my motorcycle jacket from last time I was home on leave and have grabbed the wrong mags for the particular gun I was carrying at the time. Luckily something clicked and it just didn't look right to my brain and caught the mistake before I left the house.

It can happen to all of us at one time or another young or old. Don't know that I have ever looked for my cell while talking on it though.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Speaking of cell phones, I threw mine into a fast food trash can a few months ago and didn't miss it for a couple hours. By the time I realized what I'd done the clerks said all the cans had been thrown in the dumpster. I had no idea how disgusting the inside of a dumpster was. We'd call my phone and I'd dig for a while. Then call it again and dig some more. It took about thirty minutes to find that thing. Yuk!
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Yep, we're in for a wild ride! Getting old is not for the faint of heart!
    As time moves on, I'm hoping that I will just forget that I'm old.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links