Just can't trust that gun.

This is a discussion on Just can't trust that gun. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been a long time, but I just can't trust my baby Glock. I know it is just in my mind, but when I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just can't trust that gun.

Just can't trust that gun.

It has been a long time, but I just can't trust my baby Glock. I know it is just in my mind, but when I first purchased it (first 200 rounds or so) I had several hang fires, misfires, locked open slides after firing (with rounds still in mag), etc.

It has not happened for a long time, but I can never get it out of the back of my mind.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Honestly I wouldn't trust it either. If it was any other gun I would say that it takes 200 rounds to break it. Being it's a Glock several failures would lead me to think there was something mechanically wrong with it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

If a sufficient number of rounds without a problem does not ease your mind, maybe you should get a different weapon.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

the same think happen to me with my glock 23 after 2000 rds and 0 malfunction , the trust when back

I have a full size glock I love, and never doubt. I don't know what to do with baby Glock, and as Guantes poinrts out, I have considered. I have placed 275 through it. The last 75 have been flawless. I should have just sent it to Glock before the year was up. Maybe I'll look into that.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

If a sufficient number of rounds without a problem does not ease your mind, maybe you should get a different weapon.
    +1...

Get thee to a Glock Armorer...or call Glock!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I have a full size glock I love, and never doubt. I don't know what to do with baby Glock, and as Guantes poinrts out, I have considered. I have placed 275 through it. The last 75 have been flawless. I should have just sent it to Glock before the year was up. Maybe I'll look into that.
    did you try polished the feed ramp with some mother mag polish

Talking No Trust

I can relate. I had the same problem with my Walther PPJ (J for Jam), I mean PPK. I went through about 500 rounds, and it still jammed. I retired it and purchased a Colt New Agent 45 and it has been flawless, with the exception of that little recall issue.

If you don't trust your firearm, find one you that you do.

Good Luck!

I carry my Glock 35 everyday, and trust it with my family's life.

Take your Glock out some more, and send more lead downrange. I wouldn't trust any gun that has only seen 275 rounds. Add a zero to the end of that figure, and then let us know how it runs.
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

Trade it in or sell it at a gun show. Glocks hold their value very well.

If baby glock = G26, try a CZ Rami 9mm alloy (also in .40). Similar size, double/single action and a real honest to goodness hammer and safety.

I would give it a little more time if it were my choice. While glocks generally don't need a break in period, I wouldn't be too upset or worried about little hang ups in the first 200 rounds. I personally won't carry a gun that i have not put about 1K rounds thur. I also make sure it can feed 200 rounds of a given carry ammo before I will rely on the gun/ammo combo. Might be a little overboard to some, but that's how I do it. I say give it another 800 rounds or so and see if you still have problems, my guess is you wont. Hopefully then you can put your mind at ease. At the same time I can see how you can be bothered and have doubt in the back of your mind, but give it a little more time to prove itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    locked open slides after firing (with rounds still in mag), etc.
    The only time this has happened with my G19, I replaced a part wrong after doing the .25 trigger job. I put the spring for the slide lock in wrong. It has to go under the locking block, mine snuck in beside it. The slide would lock back and you could not sling shot it. The slide release would still work though. Replaced the spring and no more problems. Just a thought. Had you taken it apart before the issues?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I have a G34, G19 and a G26. The only times I have had problems like you describe are when I tried a close fire drill, ie draw and fire with gun held at waist. This has happened twice. My conclusion is it was a limp wrist issue. Difficult to maintain a good grip when held at that position. FYI

I've seen this "limp wrist" issue mentioned a few times on here... what is it? I can't see how a poor grip could cause a gun to jam/misfeed/stovepipe... whatever. It seems that once the primer is struck, it's all in the gun's hands (so to speak).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links