single woman against 5 guys

This is a discussion on single woman against 5 guys within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a friends house and he happened to have his scanner on. It seems there was a single woman walking at a nearby ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: single woman against 5 guys

I was at a friends house and he happened to have his scanner on. It seems there was a single woman walking at a nearby walking/jogging trail when 5 guys started to follow her and harass her.They refused to let her pass or move. She called 911. but she was about 3/4 of a mile into the trail. and nothing but her cell phone. the police respomded but not sure what the outcome was. I walk this 3 and 1/2 mile trail almost every day. at times you can walk the entire trail and not see another person.Now i'm starting to really wonder if I shouldnt start carrying an extra clip for my .40 . 5 on 1 is rough odds when your alone.

There are multiple reasons for virtually always carrying an extra mag.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

True. I really should start carrying an extra.

u should carry two =] be safe

Bad situation. I hope it turned out ok for her. Would like to know the outcome of that one.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

If i find out what happened I'll post it here

You could also upgrade to a Glock 20 and not need extra mags.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

Recently we had a drug related shooting not far from my house that my wife and I actually heard. It reiterated the fact that I am not a nut for carrying my weapon while in my house and made a point to my wife. Be safe, the world is getting to be a scarier place daily........
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    I was at a friends house and he happened to have his scanner on. It seems there was a single woman walking at a nearby walking/jogging trail when 5 guys started to follow her and harass her.They refused to let her pass or move. She called 911. but she was about 3/4 of a mile into the trail. and nothing but her cell phone. the police respomded but not sure what the outcome was. I walk this 3 and 1/2 mile trail almost every day. at times you can walk the entire trail and not see another person.Now i'm starting to really wonder if I shouldnt start carrying an extra clip for my .40 . 5 on 1 is rough odds when your alone.
    Granted.....5-1 odds aren't good. If the 5 perps were out on the trail looking for easy prey, all it will take is one of them going down for the count and the local media to state the fact. Then, things like this will stop or slow down. A cell phone won't save you....it will only be a lead for the murder investigation to follow after your demise. Personally, it's difficult for me to believe folks would go out in public places without being armed or being able to take care of any circumstance that befalls them. The world we live in isn't a safe place. I don't care if you jog with a partner or your cell phone. Once in a while....reality has to have some effect. Be ready when the time comes, and be aware that bad things happen when you least expect them. I want everyone to survive their first encounter with 'bad', and I'd wish everyone learn from the experience, or not experience it at all. Find ways of making yourself less of an 'easy mark' by predators. Those criminals that work in groups have no backbone on their own. Once one of them is laying on the ground in a pool of blood, the rest of the gang should disband since none of them have any guts without the collective. Never appear to be weak or an easy target.

I am guilty of not packing enough when walking the nature trails in the parks near my house. If I am gonna be walking them, I usually just have my Keltec P3AT with me, and no additional mag. I am gonna get some additional mags for it because I don't like the feeling of not having additional ammo with me. When I go out around town, I have either me G27 (standard 9 round mag but with an additional G23, 13 round mag with me) or my G30 with an additional mag. Since I usually have my G27 with me, I leave a 13 round clip in my vehicle too. It is true that the average rounds discharged in a self defense confrontation is 2 (or 4, I can't remember but I am sure someone else knows), but it is becoming more and more common for groups of people, either organized gangs or just bands of thugs, to jump people for nothing more then sport. A female friend of mine was jumped one night while putting air in her tire. Five people, men and women beat and stomped her, taking her car with her purse in it. They dumped the car with the purse not even two blocks away. They jumped her just because they felt like victimizing someone. I have seen footage of "swarm attacks" in the Las Vegas area where fifteen to twenty thugs will randomly select a target and assault them for no reason at all. In a major metropolitan area like Houston, where I live, I feel that having more ammo then I need is definitely a good thing.

A great line in the movie Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman is, "I just don't want to get killed for a lack of shooting back." ...Amen, brother.

KTCameraman

well said, I definetly need to start carrying extra mags, maybe a couple extra boxes in the truck too.

Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    I am guilty of not packing enough when walking the nature trails in the parks near my house. If I am gonna be walking them, I usually just have my Keltec P3AT with me, and no additional mag. I am gonna get some additional mags for it because I don't like the feeling of not having additional ammo with me. When I go out around town, I have either me G27 (standard 9 round mag but with an additional G23, 13 round mag with me) or my G30 with an additional mag. Since I usually have my G27 with me, I leave a 13 round clip in my vehicle too. It is true that the average rounds discharged in a self defense confrontation is 2 (or 4, I can't remember but I am sure someone else knows), but it is becoming more and more common for groups of people, either organized gangs or just bands of thugs, to jump people for nothing more then sport. A female friend of mine was jumped one night while putting air in her tire. Five people, men and women beat and stomped her, taking her car with her purse in it. They dumped the car with the purse not even two blocks away. They jumped her just because they felt like victimizing someone. I have seen footage of "swarm attacks" in the Las Vegas area where fifteen to twenty thugs will randomly select a target and assault them for no reason at all. In a major metropolitan area like Houston, where I live, I feel that having more ammo then I need is definitely a good thing.

A great line in the movie Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman is, "I just don't want to get killed for a lack of shooting back." ...Amen, brother.

KTCameraman
    In some cases, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to carry an AR15 with 30 rounds on tap, and an extra mag. We just don't know what this world is coming to until we're out in it. I just know I hate to see headlines of innocent victims being taken down when they are out doing daily activities which they have every right to be doing without interference. Criminals don't read the headlines, and they don't care. One of their own laying in a pool of blood on the pavement or trail the next day while crows pick at the flesh is something entirely different, and gets the point across faster. Your survival of the attempt is priceless. It's guerilla warfare on the streets these days. You have to be at least an equal in animal to your predator, or you won't survive. Be ready and able to meet your enemy. Your weakness will show. No game.....just survival. Just look at how many trained men in LE have been taken down by the surprise attack because they were not ready for the enemy.

5 vs. 1 would pretty much use up a 5 shot pocket revolver! While the odds of 5 vs. 1 are very slim, I still traded my 5 shot airweight for a G26. I instinctively point shoot the G26 more accurately than I ever could with the snubby, plus I have 10 rounds to light off before needing to reload.

A small woman (with a gun) against 5 dirtbags on a trail can easily change to two dead dirtbags and cops looking for three others.
    A small woman (without a gun) against 5 dirtbags on a trail...is not good.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Always have a spare mag... what if the one in the gun has an issue and you need to load an alternate mag ?

I always have 2 extras on me.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links