what itís got in its nassty little pocketses?

This is a discussion on what itís got in its nassty little pocketses? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I know I've seen these before, but I figured my response may be a bit different than most IMG_0434.jpg From the top left, Gerber ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what itís got in its nassty little pocketses?

So I know I've seen these before, but I figured my response may be a bit different than most

IMG_0434.jpg

From the top left,
    Gerber LST knife (backup knife back left pocket), Energizer 1w AA LED light (cliped to the left front pocket)
    Bic Lighter (front left pocket) Leatherman Kick (back right pocket) Pilot v5 pen (front right pocket) Gerber Evo Jr (clipped to front right pocket)
    Belt Cabelas Double Duty pistol belt
    Taurus 24/7 45 with 13 rounds (12 in the mag, 1 in the pipe) of Winchester USA 230 Self Defense ammo in a Crossbreed Supertuck worn at about 3:30
    Blackberry Curve II worn at 9:00 car keys (front right pocket), Slim Clip money clip and credit card holder (front left pocket) and finally house and other keys (front right pocket)

A lot of stuff, but really not too much. I would like to add the option for a second magazine, and perhaps the option for OC, but I really don't want to do OC in the pocket for safety and cleanliness reasons, and I really don't want to wear the batman utility belt if I can help it.

What do you carry everyday and how do you carry it?
    marcclarke likes this.

Kahr CW40 + one reload or S&W 642 + 1 reload, swiss army knife, cellphone, keys, upgraded surefire 6P if I'm out after dark

Distinguished Member
    What do you carry the mag in Booyah?

At this time I dont carry a spare mag, the mag pictured is just because I unloaded the gun for picture taking. I would like to start carrying an extra, but I havent found an option I like. I am likely to make a mag holder based on the supertuck design for my own uses though

3:30 S&W 442
    right rear pocket - one speedloader, one speed strip
    right front - wallet, phone, gerber folder knife
    left front - KelTec P32 with 7+1
    left rear - a can of Skoal, keys

Originally a Glock 19 was in the place of the J-Frame but I'm in the market for a Supertuck and a Glock 26 to replace it. Interestingly enough, it was also replaced because I haven't found a system yet for a spare mag. AND because I love that snub...

Precious...

VIP Member
    Gents just an opinion here. Pocket carry has been around for a very, very long time. Long before there were specific holsters, mag carriers or super ninja tuck systems.

No offense but stating you don't carry an extra mag because you haven't found the right system yet? Come on guys put it in your back pocket, front pocket, shirt pocket or carry it in your hand but carry an extra mag or speedloader. That mag could mean the difference between you coming home after an encounter or not and not just because you shot up all your ammo either. Suppose your primary mag is damaged in some way or just plain takes a dump on you, now what?

No it is not super guy tacticool to shove a mag in your pocket without the latest kydex, elephant/ostrich/alligator mag pouch to hold it in but it still works.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

You need a better flashlight.
    I also have the Energizer pictured(and love it in tight spots like the car or my ambulance) but I dont see it as a great SD flashlight.
    If you're open to suggestions check out the Fenix line of lights.
    I have the Fenix PD20 and couldnt be happier! It throws its beam a good long distance...unlike the Energizer which, IMO, is only good up close.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Gents just an opinion here. Pocket carry has been around for a very, very long time. Long before there were specific holsters, mag carriers or super ninja tuck systems.

No offense but stating you don't carry an extra mag because you haven't found the right system yet? Come on guys put it in your back pocket, front pocket, shirt pocket or carry it in your hand but carry an extra mag or speedloader. That mag could mean the difference between you coming home after an encounter or not and not just because you shot up all your ammo either. Suppose your primary mag is damaged in some way or just plain takes a dump on you, now what?

No it is not super guy tacticool to shove a mag in your pocket without the latest kydex, elephant/ostrich/alligator mag pouch to hold it in but it still works.
    Out of pockets sir. Tried tuckin it behind my ear but a 15 round mag of 9mm just wouldn't stay

Hence the switch to the J-Frame w/ two reloads. And you're right. Felt better with the Glock even with the xtra brick in the back pocket but I still feel good about the current solution.

I carry a single gold ring that is inscribed with the following "One ring to rule them all......."

I use it when ever I want to disappear for a while.

VIP Member
    3rik not a problem with the j frame and reloads just those that don't carry any spares for whatever reason.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I feel like I'm the only person here who consistently carries a gun but doesn't consistently carry a knife.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

I myself usually carry two extra mags and I know what your talking about when it comes to the Batman Utility Belt. I have just become numb to the wise cracks from my wife Its just the only way to carry everything I want.

If you wanted to carry one extra mag with a lower profile I would recommend a horizontal mag pouch.

Just google Horizontal Magazine Pouch (<--- Link) there are several inexpensive models.

Just an idea from batman
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Ultimate flashlight,my Surefire defender.Red lens so you dont blind yourself or others with you,spiky things on the top to make people bleed.

Along with my SA1911TRP,1 in the chamber and 2 extra mags,gun owb 3 oclock,mags owb 9 oclock.Wallet front right pocket,keys and phone left pocket.

Knife could be anywhere.Left or right on my belt,in my boot,in my front right pocket.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Holy beniot balls Batman thats alot of stuff to hall around!

Why would you ever need a "backup knife"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links