Why would you need multiple CHP?

This is a discussion on Why would you need multiple CHP? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend that is a 1 upper. For those that don't know what a 1 upper is, its a person that 1 ups ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would you need multiple CHP?

I have a friend that is a 1 upper. For those that don't know what a 1 upper is, its a person that 1 ups you on any thing you say for example:

You: I just got a new jacket

1 upper: Well I just got a limited signature series double layer authentic leather one.

1 upper: Did i say limited edition?

you: yes

1 Upper: Oh ok, just making sure you knew that

So awhile ago He found out that I was into guns and that I had a CHP. SO yesterday he told me that next week he will be recieving his. Now thats fine and all but....... (wait for it , wait for it) All 3 of them. Now 3 you ask? It confused me too. 3? 3 What? 3 CHP's 1 from FL, 1 From UT and 1 From VA. (and there's the 1 up) Why 3? Because its good to have. Good to have?? Now this is a guy that never travels out of state. I now fear for his safety at this point because he just got it for bragging rights. I carry a SR9 or M&P 40 depending on where im going. And in order to 1 up me, he might start carrying a dersert eagle. And i'm afraid to tell him that I have an AR-15 because he might showup with an RPG.

So do any of you have multiple CHP's? And why?

I would love to see someone try to carry a desert eagle and all the spare mags he would try to up you with.If hes your friend and your concerned about his safety,you might also mention the responsibility that comes with carrying.Is he familiar with guns?

My answer would be, just in case you do go into another state that one of your other permits covers and... get them while you can ;^)
    That said, I've been meaning to get one for FLA, which I believe covers OH, but I am in NY far more often than OH. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about that.

So awhile ago He found out that I was into guns and that I had a CHP. SO yesterday he told me that next week he will be recieving his. Now thats fine and all but....... (wait for it , wait for it) All 3 of them. Now 3 you ask? It confused me too. 3? 3 What? 3 CHP's 1 from FL, 1 From UT and 1 From VA. (and there's the 1 up) Why 3? Because its good to have. Good to have?? Now this is a guy that never travels out of state.
    That should have had your BS meter pegging into the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    Is he familiar with guns?
    Nope, I think he took an online course to get his CHP.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That should have had your BS meter pegging into the red.
    I know, it should, but I know him and he would do that.

I'm a VA resident and have my VA permit. My home state is GA and I had one from GA before I moved to VA. Now that my state of residence has changed, my GA is no longer valid so I had to get my VA permit. But.... because VA and GA don't have reciprocity, when I travel back down to GA to visit my family there, I cannot carry unless I have a permit that from another state that has reciprocity with GA (since GA does not issue permits to non-residents). So I got my NH non-resident permit and they have reciprocity with GA. My VA permit covers me for VA, TN, NC, SC and my NH permit covers me for GA. So I can carry all the way from VA to GA with no problem.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member
    I have multiples because I visit different states and not all reciprocate. I still don't have enough to cover all the states I regularly visit or pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I'm a VA resident and have my VA permit. My home state is GA and I had one from GA before I moved to VA. Now that my state of residence has changed, my GA is no longer valid so I had to get my VA permit. But.... because VA and GA don't have reciprocity, when I travel back down to GA to visit my family there, I cannot carry unless I have a permit that from another state that has reciprocity with GA (since GA does not issue permits to non-residents). So I got my NH non-resident permit and they have reciprocity with GA. My VA permit covers me for VA, TN, NC, SC and my NH permit covers me for GA. So I can carry all the way from VA to GA with no problem.
    See that makes sense, if you travel, But when you don't.

Show him your CCW BADGE (get one if you have to for this exercize)... Tell him you were gonna get the sash, but you didn't qualify for one.
    Maybe he'll show up with one (sash), on, and parade around the world in it!

Then tell him the reason you didn't qualify was that you weren't STOOOPID enough.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Show him your CCW BADGE (get one if you have to for this exercize)... Tell him you were gonna get the sash, but you didn't qualify for one.
    Maybe he'll show up with one (sash), on, and parade around the world in it!

Then tell him the reason you didn't qualify was that you weren't STOOOPID enough.
    I like this idea.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I am a VA resident and have a VA permit. I am occassionally sent to Georgia for training and as tkruf mentioned the VA permit is not valid in Georgia so last year before the rates went up I applied for a New Hampshire permit. I now have both so I'm good on the east coast from VA down to FL.

I have an AZ but it is not recognized in NV so I have one of them too

I'll give you a little different perspective. I have a 218 which is good in all states, but I also have an Idaho CWP. The reason. The 218 entitles me to carry a firearm and the Idaho CWP entitles me to carry my gloves or a sap in addition to a firearm within Idaho.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I am looking into getting my second permit now. I recently got a job where the company HQ is in Washington state and the don't recognize my Colorado permit. I will probably be traveling out there a few times a year. I just haven't decided on the Utah or Florida one yet.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links