PA Police Arrest CCW Holder.... Confiscate Firearms....... - Page 3

PA Police Arrest CCW Holder.... Confiscate Firearms.......

This is a discussion on PA Police Arrest CCW Holder.... Confiscate Firearms....... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by IWLAFART Maybe I missed something but was this guy open carrying? If concealed how did they know he had a gun. From ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PA Police Arrest CCW Holder.... Confiscate Firearms.......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Maybe I missed something but was this guy open carrying? If concealed how did they know he had a gun.
    From the article linked to in the opening post of this thread, "They locked me up for loitering at a bus stop,"

ACLU suit is claiming 100K stop and frisk contacts in 2009. AKA we don't like your looks or attitude so you get searched. Concealed is concealed but you probably wouldn't pass a pat down.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If the law says that the State will honor the out of state permit them they should honor it. Do we really want to allow the state to ignore the laws that they don't agree with?

Michael
    GA requires you to have a GA license PA does not you can carry on any reciprocal license and you can car carry and Philly carry with any license no matter if there is an agreement or not...Philly has problems issuing licenses even though the state is a Shall Issue state
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

He was again taken into custody and held for six hours. He said he received a property receipt for his gun, but not his permit. He was not charged with a crime, according to online court records.

I think a VERY IMPORTANT note here is, twice this guy has been "taken into custody" and twice HE WAS NOT CHARGED WITH A CRIME.
    The man was in a public place, was not harassing or bothering anyone (other than taking a picture~~in PUBLIC) The police had no reasonable suspension to even talk to the guy.

this be a "known drug corner" but there was a couple of beat cops there, two days in a row?

I think this is a clear cut case of the police over stepping there bounds. I find it interesting that the police will harass this guy, but if a women complains her ex-boyfriend is harassing her, the cops won't do anything until there is a crime?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by quikduk View Post
    Something smells rotten in this story. I think there is a lot more that is being withheld and my BS meter is pegging pretty high at the moment.

Why is this guy so "belligerent"? Permit or not and bus stop or not, if you are told to leave, you leave...period. You may not like it and there may be a power issue here with the LEOs but this guy is NOT an LEO. Maybe he "feels" like one or maybe even tries to "act" like one but he isn't. The excerpts posted from him (at least to me) indicate that he expresses and overt disrespect for the LEOs and maybe even some level of self-entitlement.

JMHO though. This "attitude" just irks me a bit. Maybe I need more protein in my diet...
    Well seeing as he just got the gun back from the police property room from when it was confinscated back in 2009, it sounds to me like he is trying to prove a point/set up a lawsuit to extract vengence from the police department. I think he feels he was wronged in 2009 and figures if they take his gun again he will sue or try to bring the law regarding the confiscation of legal weapons before a court. If he was concealed why were the cops even approaching him? Do they know him from the previous confrontation? Sounds like he has been a thorn in their side for a while now.
    It does sound like the police are going out of their way to intimadate/confront this guy. Daytime at a bus stop, not wanting to ride a full bus, so he waits for the next one. No crime there.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    So...I gotta ask....was the street corner posted? (i.e. a "gun-free" zone to allow drug dealers to conduct their business in a safe manner?)
    I don't codone folks breaking the law and no it was not posted but if he was arrested four times and he get got mad or was defiant to LEO. He should have just caught the bus some where else to avoid this whole situation.
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

GM
    I might be wrong, but IMO something is missing.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Drama addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Sample View Post
    I don't codone folks breaking the law and no it was not posted but if he was arrested four times and he get got mad or was defiant to LEO. He should have just caught the bus some where else to avoid this whole situation.
    Again...what law did he break?? If he was arrested four times, and zero convictions, what does that tell you about the veracity of the LEOs case? After a while, wouldn't you get mad for being arrested despite following the law?? Or is LEO training an issue?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Again...what law did he break?? If he was arrested four times, and zero convictions, what does that tell you about the veracity of the LEOs case? After a while, wouldn't you get mad for being arrested despite following the law?? Or is LEO training an issue?
    He broke no law as far as I can see! Hell yes, I would be mad and LEO needs to have some accountability for their actions. You will have to ask the Officer which one he broke. All I am saying is that if he keep getting harass by an LEO! Number one he should file a complaint aganist them or Number two he should avoid that bus stop and go to another one. I never said he broke any laws and no I am not a drama addict crankinNM, I am just giving my opinion just like you Sir!
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

As one who has had an act 235 card for 25 years, I can assure you that it requiers you to take a mental exam with a doctor of phsycology, a course in PA law lasting 24 hours and 16 hours of handgun and shotgun, plus some night stick and other restraint training. Total course 40 hours. The 235 car also is issued without wepons for store security guards, ect.
    A bacground check is also required as well as fingerprinting. That being said, he should have known to move out when told to do so. These two times being taken in by the police could cost him his 235 card. Basicly, this card is you licence to carry a firearm in the course of your work, in the open. It does not give you the right to carry concelled.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Quote Originally Posted by Sample View Post
    I agree with this person to a certain point-where I don't agree with him is that the Beat Officer said that this is a drug corner for drug dealers. My question is could he have choose a different bus stop? Just my two cents! But I think is more to the story then they telling us.
    what?
    it does not matter what the corner is known for.
    he has a legal right to be there and so would you.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links