To tell or not to tell

This is a discussion on To tell or not to tell within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would heed Thumper's advice. I believe much more bad can come of telling others than anything good. Once it's out there you can never ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: To tell or not to tell

I would heed Thumper's advice. I believe much more bad can come of telling others than anything good.

Once it's out there you can never bring it back.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

As more people carry, it's increasingly important for as many as possible to keep quiet about it. In many cities and towns where most Americans live, it is a simple fact that carrying alarms many people. So the more who want to talk about it talk, the more many may start to wonder and ask the many businesses and other places we all want to go to ban carry. And many will. In many states, like mine (PA), that wouldn't have the force of law beyond simple trespassing, so it may have little material effect on carry behavior, but I think most who believe in the benefits of concealed carry wouldn't be very happy if 'are you carrying' became a frequent question you'd want be receiving everywhere you go. In rural parts, maybe no big deal, but in cities and suburbs in my view it's far better if everyone carrying tends toward as much discretion as reasonably possible, otherwise it wrecks the benefits to all. Briefly put, in crowded societies, CANT can't work if too many TELL.
    In principle, principle and practice are the same, but in practice, they're not.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links