62 days and still waiting

This is a discussion on 62 days and still waiting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, it has been 62 days and I still haven't heard anything yet about my chl. I'm in Texas, how long has everyone else ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 62 days and still waiting

Hello everyone, it has been 62 days and I still haven't heard anything yet about my chl. I'm in Texas, how long has everyone else had to wait.

Thanks

In Va they're supped to let you know something within 45 days.

Put a call in to the issuing agency and ask where you are in the system?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Paperwork on the 9th, fingerprinted on the 11th, permit received in mail on the 27th. I got lucky as apparently TN is not backed up with processing very long when I submitted my stuff, my brother waited over 60 days for his.

Tn here as well. Class was on a 13th of the month, fingerprinted and filed paperwork on 14th. Permit received the following month on the 14th. Took exactly 1 month from filing.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvoss View Post
    Hello everyone, it has been 62 days and I still haven't heard anything yet about my chl. I'm in Texas, how long has everyone else had to wait.

Thanks
    Waiting is very hard . Just try to relax, it will arrive very soon
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

TX DPS CHL FAQ

The Department will make every effort to issue your license within 60 days of receiving the completed application packet, or inform you that you did not meet the eligibility criteria. Once your application is complete, processing may take up to 180 days if your background check reveals potentially disqualifying events or information.

It took mine 36 days mailbox to mailbox(Texas). I have had it about 2 weeks now! Seemed like a lot longer, I checked the web site every day!

Thanks
    I'll almost guarantee the minute you forget about it....it will be there within a week. A watched kettle never boils.

Sorry about the long wait. FL used to be very short and then there was a surge of permit boosting the waiting time to 3-4 months...it's now back to a couple of weeks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I mailed my Utah permit info in on Sept 16, and havent heard anything yet. They said 8 weeks on application. So I expect mine any day now. It is kind of like a little kid waiting for christmas, the more you think about it the longer it seems .

I received a call 9 days after I submitted my prints and application. I told my wife the courthouse called and either I had my permit or I was going to jail. This was in GA about a year ago. The expected wait time was between 3 and 6 weeks. Be patient and stay within the law while you wait.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sorry about the long wait. FL used to be very short and then there was a surge of permit boosting the waiting time to 3-4 months...it's now back to a couple of weeks.
    Yep. Mine (in 2009) took 91 days, almost exactly what they said it would take (Up to 90 days IAW Dept of Agr.). Much quicker now.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Me and my brother in-law took the class on the same day, I mailed within a 2 days of taking the class and he didn't have the money to mail his so he didn't mail his until 4 weeks after the class. He even filled his paper work out wrong and they had to mail it back to him and he had to fix it and re-mail it. He got his permit in the mail last Saturday.

I'm going 68 days now, why would mine be taking so much longer than his? I called them and asked, they just said the tech was checking my back ground.

Thanks
    I got my Texas renewal back in 35 days from the time that I submitted the application. The first timers that i have talked to are getting theirs between 50 and 60 days. Have you gone to the DPS web site and checked on the status of your application? Go to:

https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/txapp/txdps/chl/

and click on "Login."
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

C5A
    I live in California and waited 11 months before I got my CCW.
    NRA
    Glock 22
    Colt Cobra 38 Spl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links