Defensive Carry banner

My girlfriend asked a question I can't answer

4K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  LoadedPipes 
#1 ·
I realize this ain't no legal advisory board but..

Let me explain: She's planning to file her app soon for her CPL. One decisive factor in this is that she has recently joined an athletic league and occasionally walks or takes the bus to their dedicated, private training space. She travels to and from in the dark, alone, etc. Pretty safe part of town, very close to home, but still...

Obviously she couldn't have a pistol on her while they practice. The question however is whether or not she could keep a pistol locked in a mini-safe off her body, in a discreet location at the private space while they practice. (Unfortunately they don't have gym lockers at this time. The location could possibly be her gym bag, within her view.)

Two questions really.
A) I can't find anything under Chapter 9.41 RCW that discusses this. How do I get to the bottom of whether or not this is legal?
B) If it IS legitimate and legal, should she discuss this with the team directors and store it in the office or keep it quietly in her gym bag (locked within a combination pistol safe).

I'm leaning a little more toward the official route of discussing this with the directors and storing it in the office but then, as has been mentioned here before, one never knows what a discussion like that is going to bring about.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.