My anti sisters

This is a discussion on My anti sisters within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess you could always sign them up for scare tactics on TV,after they been scared ya could suggest that maybe having a concealed handgun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My anti sisters

I guess you could always sign them up for scare tactics on TV,after they been scared ya could suggest that maybe having a concealed handgun wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I'm hoping to get her out to the range next week, I've got a little .22 single action that is a great starter pistol
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Well I was hanging out with Lisa and she was talking about work and how shed been since i saw her 6 months ago. She happened to mention wanting to learn to shoot. So i jumped and said, I'll teach you, when do you want to go? How great is that!!
    You had not seen your sis for 6 months? That does not sound all that great to boast about to me.

Does she live something like a couple of hundred miles from you?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    You had not seen your sis for 6 months?
    Every 6 months is plenty to see some sisters. Not everybody has wonderful sisters.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    babarock, have you heard of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? That may not be your real brother-in-law it may be a double. Seriously though, do what you are able to help him. he's turned a corner and he needs a little guidance right now. Good luck.

Did your sis say what prompted her to want to learn to shoot? Hopefully nothing bad.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

She just was getting kind of curious about why me and Mom were so into it, and wanted to try it out. BTW, we have a good relationship and talk often, we just work different shifts so its hard to spend time together
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    babarock, have you heard of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? That may not be your real brother-in-law it may be a double. Seriously though, do what you are able to help him. he's turned a corner and he needs a little guidance right now. Good luck.
    Seriously I've known him for 40 years and all of a sudden this ??? I just wish he lived closer so we could do more for him (Him - Seattle, Us - Atlanta). Phone and email for now, range time in the spring when he comes for a visit.

When I mentioned to my bro-in-law that I carried a gun, he gave me that wide-eyed "are you crazy" look and said "Why do you carry a gun? Are you paranoid?" I gave him the Clint Smith answer:
    "Why should I be paranoid? I carry a gun!"
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

When my daughter (age 19) told me she thought I was going too crazy over guns, I gave her the JRR Tolkien line: "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

She seemed satisfied with that.

I have yet to get her interested in shooting; she is scared of the power they have, and - by default - the power she would have.
    But I am taking my son and daughter-in-law, and my best friend to the range on Sunday. It should be a good day!

To the OP: Good for you, and good for your sister. May her reach be long, her eye sharp, and her aim deadly. ;-)
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

How old is your sister and is she single?

Haha, seriously though that's great. Have fun teaching her
    NRA Member

S&W M&P 9mm
    Sig Sauer 232
    Ruger LCP
    more to come...

37 and no

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links