Defensive Carry banner

Is Oklahoma permit a CCW or a Carry Permit

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ldmtulsa 
#1 ·
I'm going to the Tulsa gunshow this weekend and wanted to know if the OK permit is a Carry permit like TN or a CCW. In TN does not matter if it prints, or shows some. The TN permit you can carry open with no problem which I don't, but a buddy going with me does. both of us have TN permits, and I know OK honors them, but want to be sure I am carring properly.
Thanks

#2 ·
You'll find ALL you need to know in here...see the two maps in the upper right.:hand10: (Probably the lower of the two maps will be more of a help to you.)
http://www.usacarry.com/

OK = Concealed Weapon License

More...
Places off-limits when carrying:
1. government building;
2. meeting of any elected or appointed government officials;
3. prison or detention center; elementary, secondary, or
4. vocational-technical school property; sports arena during
5. a professional sporting event; any place where pari-mutuel
6. wagering is authorized; college or university property and
7. any other place specifically prohibited by law.

Except for any elementary, secondary, or vocational-technical school property, these prohibitions do not apply to parking lots.

Alcohol and Drugs:
It is unlawful for any person other than the owner, proprietor, or a peace officer to possess a firearm in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are consumed. A person with a valid CCL may carry a firearm onto premises where alcohol is sold, provided that the sale of alcohol is not the primary business.

It is unlawful to carry or use firearms while under the influence of alcohol, any unprescribed drug, or any prescribed drug that could cause abnormal behavior.

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
Oklahoma is a Castle Doctrine state and does have a stand-your-ground law.

Open Carry:
Generally prohibited in public areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.