Wife's new job - Gun Friendly

This is a discussion on Wife's new job - Gun Friendly within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife just got a new part time job w/ a dentist (periodontist). She will be doing marketing for them. She interviewed w/ the dentist’s ...

Thread: Wife's new job - Gun Friendly

Wife's new job - Gun Friendly

My wife just got a new part time job w/ a dentist (periodontist). She will be doing marketing for them. She interviewed w/ the dentist’s wife, who runs the office, and ended up talking about guns for a little bit. The dentist and wife both have their permits and dentist is ”way into guns”. My wife told her of our training at Frontsight and recommended it to the lady and her husband.
    My wife does not have her permit (not a problem now in AZ) and we’ve only got the XD, which she hates to carry because of the weight. Hopefully this will help my wife decide on a carry gun. She’ll be driving around a lot w/ this job and I’d like her to be packing. Nice to know that her employers won’t mind either.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like your wife hit a "Bingo" in the employment circle...she's a lucky woman.
    Tell her to...Stay armed...get some training...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    The dentist and wife both have their permits and dentist is ”way into guns”. My wife told her of our training at Frontsight and recommended it to the lady and her husband.
    My dentist in Chandler is quite a shooter as well... maybe we'll see a "Tuesday Night Porcelain" shoot at Rio Salado soon!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Sweet dang! Tell here you have an awesome wife.I dont know what model XD you have,but if its fullsize maybe suggest a smaller model since shes familiar with it.Sigs of any kind would be also wonderful.

Ah! Good things do happen to good people. Good news..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

GM
    Your wife is very lucky
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

That's great! Congrats to her on the new job and the great attitude that the employer has.

My wife had a job once that was much the same. The owner and his wife both carried and once they found out that my wife had her permit as well, they told her that they would like it if she carried at work. They just requested that it be concealed. Why can't I ever find a job like that?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If only there were more places like this! Congrats.

That is great news, about the job and the pro 2A boss.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like your wife hit a "Bingo" in the employment circle...she's a lucky woman.
    Tell her to...Stay armed...get some training...stay safe!
    "get some training?" They've already been to FrontSite. That's more training than 98% of CCW folks have had. Good on them!

Fitch

Glad to hear it.
    AZ is a great place to live. I love it here.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

That's the right kind of job/workplace. Now get her out to the gun store and let her pick out a good carry gun, and then get her a good carry holster and she's all set;)

I read a thread on a regional forum today where a gentleman who owns a small business will actually pay for his employee's CPL class for them to encourage them carrying at work. If I ever get employees with my business(well and they don't already carry), I'm going to take up the same policy. It's amazing how much comfort can come from just being able to protect yourself without worrying about being in trouble or being fired because of it. For that matter though, I can't imagine going back to a job where they wouldn't let me carry;) Working for yourself does have it's perks;)

Take care!

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Links