Got made by future Father-in-law...

This is a discussion on Got made by future Father-in-law... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; (this happened about 3 weeks ago) Well, I've been dating a lovely young lady for a while now and I decided to ask her to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got made by future Father-in-law...

Got made by future Father-in-law...

(this happened about 3 weeks ago)
    Well, I've been dating a lovely young lady for a while now and I decided to ask her to marry me. So, acting as my mother taught me to, I arranged to speak to her father before popping the question. They live in Texas but had come to my college town to visit their daughter (my fiance) and there son and his wife who attend the same college as us. We were all preparing to go out to eat and I had strapped on my CW9 IWB as usual when I go off campus and hadn't thought a thing about it. As we were preparing to leave the house, my future pop realized he had "lost" his phone and wallet (his daughter-in-law had hidden them) and after pacing the house for a while began to playfully frisk all of us in the room. I was talking to my fiance so I didn't realize what was happening until she turned me around and said "your turn!" and I thought "Oh crap, what do I do now?" My fiance knows I carry but didn't know that I was packing that night. Before I could come up with anything to say, he had reached around my waist and his hand hit the handle of my pistol just as I grabbed his wrist to prevent him from accidentally unholstering it (I'm currently carrying in an Uncle Mike's #1 until I can afford some decent leather). This could have been very uncomfortable but luckily for me he is pro carry and even asked to see my gun/what caliber/etc. He later stated that he was glad his little girl would be well protected and gave his blessing. I am now engaged to the woman of my dreams and my future father-in-law told me that he has been thinking about getting his CCW and wants me to help him research classes/gun/ammo, etc. All in all, a very good night!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: Hot Damn! What a Ride!

Gen3 G19
    Taurus TCP
    Ruger 22/45

2. Remove Ads

WHEW! Had me on the edge of my seat there. Congrats, and best wishes.

Nice, now convince her to carry.

RammerJammer - She turns 21 in may next year and the conversation has come up so we'll see what happens! In the mean time, I'll keep carrying and I hope all of you do the same! Stay safe out there.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: Hot Damn! What a Ride!

Gen3 G19
    Taurus TCP
    Ruger 22/45

Well, things seem on the up-and-up for you. I'd say you're very luck for several things here. Got made? With a frisking? Dude.........I don't know the laws of Missouri and entering someone else house loaded, but I'm never getting frisked by anyone other than law enforcement on demand. Situational awareness might have kicked in at a certain point. I'm saying you gambled high stakes and came out for the best. Things seem to have worked out well. Hooking up with your future father in law could be one of the best things out of this ordeal! Just so long as you and him won't be spending more time together than you and your soon to be wife! LOL! Everything happens for a reason, and I'll guarantee it. You have my best wishes in life and love, and finding what you want.

Congratulations on your engagement and the blessing of your future FIL in both the marriage and your carrying. I go shooting with my FIL and that sparked his interest in getting a 9mm and keeping it at home. I'm very furtunate that my in-laws have been great. Sounds like you're off to a great start. Stay safe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Based upon your story so far, I detect no problem with the expansion of your gun collection after eating wedding cake.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats, that is wonderful news. Can you imagine how horrible that might would have went if he was an anti-? Glad that everything worked out well for you, and wish you all the best.

congrats

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sounds like everything worked out for the best. Congrats on the engagement. Now go buy a lottery ticket. You seem to be on a roll and you will need the extra cash for the wedding. Good luck to you and yours.

Congratulations!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Whew! The title of your post had me very concerned at fist glance (sounded like the beginnings of a prison story) <LOL>
    Congratulations cc9mm, You're a stand up guy asking her Dad for her hand!
    And it looks like you'll be joining a great family.
    Heath, happiness, & best of luck!

Glad it went well for ya and congrats on the new family.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

GM
    You are a very lucky guy!!!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Thanks all for the kind words! Ramrod- we were at my fiance's brother's home and both he an his wife are ok with me carrying there, I've checked already. My SA could've been better (as always) but as I said I was turned around and by the time I was facing him he had already started the frisking (all in good fun, by the way). All of this happened in about one or two seconds. I'm just glad that I was able to react quickly enough to prevent an accidental "grab". Anyway, I learned a good lesson and gained a new gun buddy. Isn't that what it's all about? Learning how to best stay safe? Hopefully we can all benefit from our shared experiences. Cheers!

Gen3 G19
    Taurus TCP
    Ruger 22/45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links