How gun friendly is MO??? - Page 2

How gun friendly is MO???

This is a discussion on How gun friendly is MO??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ispcapt, thanks for the info, I'm not signing up as an 18 year old. I know that the chances of me being deployed is 99.9% ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How gun friendly is MO???

Ispcapt, thanks for the info, I'm not signing up as an 18 year old. I know that the chances of me being deployed is 99.9% after all we're at war. No offense to anyone here, but I started this thread asking about Missouri's gun acceptance. The only reason I was wondering was, if I choose MP school,(not set in stone yet) what would the mindset of others in the state be. I know I can't carry concealed, I just know in some states people frown on military personnel, because we all know guns kill people. On the other hand after my service, it may be a state I might think about settling down in, with my fiance. I wasn't looking for military advise, just info on the people of MO and the state of MO. Like I said before no offense to anyone and thanks for all your feedback. This thread went a way I didn't want it to go, I'm having a hard enough time deciding exactly what to do without people telling me what I shouldn't do, I'm getting ready to make a drastic change in my life. After all my original question was how gun friendly is MO, not which branch should I sign up for. Again I say this all not trying to offend anyone, I just have alot I my mind right now and the original thread I posted was looking towards the future. Thanks again all.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

We Missourians are a great people. We'd be proud to have you settle down here after your enlistment. We have excellent hunting and fishing. Our state parks are awesome. Our landscape is diverse..we have miles and miles of farmland North of the Missouri River and miles and miles of wooded areas South of the MO River. We have a rich history in Missouri (It was a Missourian that had the cojones to drop 2 atomic bombs on Japan!) Even if you don't get trained at Ft. Wood, think about settling here anyways.
    Press the fight!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Showme
    After reading your post it made me proud to be living in
    Mo.
    Insane as showme said this is a great state and is full of some of the best people I have ever met.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

As the others have said, stay out of the big cities and you'll find MO is about the most pleasant place to live you can find.

Long guns go by the federal regulations only. (A 4473 and off you go!)

Hand guns take a Permit To Acquire from the sheriff of whatever county you live in, some manage to require a "waiting period", most don't.

Missouri is a "shall issue" state, 22 other states currently recognize MO permits, more should be coming. Businesses can be posted against concealed carry, but they can only ask you to leave ( no criminal charges were written into the law ).

Lots (And I do mean LOTS) of land in the Mark Twain National Forest that you can shoot in.

If you do get the opportunity, Fort Lost-in-the woods has a population of wild pigs that the MO Department of Conservation wants killed out ( don't even need a hunting license for it!)

www.mocarry.org is another great place for info!

Good Luck!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Good Luck.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1
    Showme
    After reading your post it made me proud to be living in
    Mo.
    Insane as showme said this is a great state and is full of some of the best people I have ever met.
    Mike

Thanks for the kind words.
    Press the fight!

Mo
    OK - Post #1 to say MO is a very gun-friendly state. The only thing I'd like to have (but can't) is a suppressor. I'd love to set up an XD-45 service with a threaded Tactical-length barrel and a nice B&T can, but I can't. It would be so easy!

Oh well, at least I can carry here now. Our government was smart enough to realize that KC and St Louis were trudging on the rest of the State's wishes to carry and circumvented the popular vote by simply enacting a law. I proudly carry every day and shoot almost every weekend at one of the several public and private ranges I have access to, not to mention the acres of farmland that allow friendly plinking.

Welcome to the board Mo!
    Press the fight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links