Gunbelts.. - Page 3

Gunbelts..

This is a discussion on Gunbelts.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch belt fan here. I'll likely add a crossbreed or another leather belt to the mix....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gunbelts..

Another Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch belt fan here.

I'll likely add a crossbreed or another leather belt to the mix.

Glad to find this thread. Been a leather belt man my whole life but want a quality gunbelt for full time wearing. I work up in high places and can't carry then, military base, but have been leaning towards the Wilderness instructors belt because of where I work and because I've heard it such a good belt. Everyday wear is comfortable with this belt then? It'll be like my boots. On everyday at 4:30am and off bout 9:30 pm so it's got to be comfortable all day.

It's a night and day difference with a gun belt! I tell everyone to get one when they start carrying... Now wether they do or not is a different question until I let them try it with my belt!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

The belt is the foundation for concealed carry, much like the foundation of a house for home building.

A home is only as good as the foundation underneath it.

Biker

Get the belt from Crossbreed Mark makes the best belts! I own one of course and it's the best made gun belt I've ever owned (Paired with the best holder from him!).

Just another $.02, The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

I've got a CrossBreed Belt with the Velcro inside layer to go with my MiniTucks. Works great! I am thinking of ordering a second without the Velcro for OWB carry, I don't want to tear up the Velcro with the OWB holsters.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Belts made for carry are a key component of your gear. Regardless of who makes it or sticks their name on it, in order to complete your carry set-up, you need a belt designed for the task. You really can't go wrong if you pick on up that's designed for carry. I have had my Beltman belt for 5 years now and it has lived on every pair of off-duty pants I have threaded it through. It's as good now and as comfortable now as it was the first week I had it. If you don't have a belt, GET ONE. You won't be sorry.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I had my eyes opened with my first one and then I had them opened again when I got a buckle that only had the small protrusion that slips into the hole. Hard to explaine but it makes a HUGE difference. With a conventional buckle, you thread the tongue through and then bend it pack to put in the post. This bending stresses the leather and you get a crease here or a crack. With the buckle I'm talking about you put the tongue in the buckle and slide it straight through the keeper and belt loop without ever bending it back. Then you let the protrusion off the round buckle slip into the hole.

Sounds like a small thing but if you've never tried it, you'd be amazed how wonderful a feature that is. AKJ Concealco's belts are the ones I use and they have this type of Buckle.

A real gun belt is one of those simple pleasures in life that is sweet. Also, if you get a good one they last and last and last! And, once they do show some wear, you can usually send them in to get them touched up for a reasonable price!

God Bless
    Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    The first belt I wore was a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch. Although I now have many others, I still go back to this one more than any other.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ramrunnr View Post
    I've got a CrossBreed Belt with the Velcro inside layer to go with my MiniTucks. Works great! I am thinking of ordering a second without the Velcro for OWB carry, I don't want to tear up the Velcro with the OWB holsters.
    Ram, remember Mark will refurbish a belt for you so the Velcro wearing out shouldn't be a problem.

The Duke
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

I miss having a good belt! Since I have lost 90lbs and 10 inches from the waist my gun belts do not fit anymore. Anouther 35 lbs to go.......so I dont want to order one just yet!
    S&W M&P 9C
    RUGER LCP
    S&W 5906
    COLT DET. SPEC.
    S&W 686-6"
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck", Author un-known

Some belt makers can recut a belt if you need it taken in. I know the Beltman will do it. I'm guessing if it's leather, it can be resized.

Just don't gain the weight back!

I Have a High Noon Bare Asset Holster and a Rock Steady Belt from High Noon it is by far the most comfortable rig I have ever worn!

Ares Gear Ranger belt w/ cobra buckle .

I've been patiently waiting on my first gunbelt from the Beltman

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links