Gunbelts.. - Page 5

Gunbelts..

This is a discussion on Gunbelts.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by NIS350ZTT Anyone have any experience with the Blade-Tech belt? I have a Blade-Tech "Looper". Kydex insert. Love it....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gunbelts..

Quote Originally Posted by NIS350ZTT View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Blade-Tech belt?
    I have a Blade-Tech "Looper". Kydex insert. Love it.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

I highly recommend the Urban Fighting Belt at One Source Tactical...

Read the review below...my experience is very close to that. I have owned many gun belts...this is by FAR the most comfortable...

The URBAN FIGHTING BELT....top choice of the Suarez International Staff.
    Customer Comments - The first thing that struck me about it is how light and floppy it is. It reminded me of a thicker version of the issue Boy Scout belt I wore as a kid. At first I wasn't sure it was going to do the job of supporting my EDC gear.

I've been wearing an Instructor belt, first a Galco reinforced and then a Wilderness 5-stitch, for about twelve years or so, and I've gotten used to having a heavy, stiff belt around my waist. The UFB made my pants feel about two pounds lighter. I was actually dissapointed with its light construction until I went and put it on.

I was born without much of a butt (I know, TMI), with my back just sort of sloping into my legs, and I never before noticed just how much the heavy stiff intructor belt slides down on me before. I've become used to constantly hitching my pants back into place all day long, but I found that the UFB does in fact stay put during rough activity with a pistol IWB, which is something that my Instructor belts won't do without having to tighten it to the point of uncomfortable. I did some jumping jacks, ran around some, and then went to work and did a tile job and a cabinet install wearing it, with no problems at all. No droopy drawers.

Finally, the constant ache in my lower back has gone away. Until it was pointed out by someone here at WT (can't remember who), I never realized that my instructor belt might be causing my lower back pain. I just thought it was my normal upper neck and back pain spreading down. Getting rid of that dull ache has been the biggest benefit to switching to the UFB so far.

So thanks Dan-O and Gabe. You did great on this design. It's an ideal belt for CCW.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/sne...htingbelt.aspx
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

I like my A&G Custom Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanah1 View Post
    I like my A&G Custom Belt.

+1. I have a Beltman and an A&G. A&G quality is just as good as Beltman and Al's customer service is unmatched!

Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Does anyone own Beltmans with and without the stiffener? I was wondering how they compare - if the stiffener added any undesired bulk. Thanks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nvpliers View Post
    Does anyone own Beltmans with and without the stiffener? I was wondering how they compare - if the stiffener added any undesired bulk. Thanks.
    I have a brown horsehide without and a black sharkskin with a stiffener. This is an apples and oranges comparison as the horsehide is much stiffer.

With the horsehide I can carry my brick of a P7 in a high ride holster with no issues. The sharkskin CAN do it, but not as well. In fact, I just ordered another horsehide in black from Jim on Friday, should be here in about 30 days.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I have A 5.11 belt with the stiffener and now I wonder how I ever carryed be for I got it. A very nice belt

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    I have a Blade-Tech "Looper". Kydex insert. Love it.
    Thanks for the feedback, seems like a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NIS350ZTT View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, seems like a good deal.
    +1
    Thanks Ya'll. Appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
    Unfortunately I had already put Loctite on the chicago screws and now can't get the old buckle off!! Still...great product and great support...will have another when needed.
    Even if you used Red Loctite, you just need to apply a little heat to break it down so it can be unassembled. On heat sensitive items I've used a soldering iron applied to the screw heads.

Does anyone have experience with either of these two. Interested in what you think of them.

Comp - Tac : leather reinforced with Kydex
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=43

Vs .

Beltman : bull hide
    http://www.thebeltman.net/bh114.htm
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have 3 Beltman's belts and there is no finer gunbelt available today IMO. They may cost a bit more but that's because iof their unbelievable quality. They will outlast any cheap belt you could buy.Buy once. Cry Once

I have 3 unreinforced horsehide belts. in black, brown, and cordovan. They are so nice I wear them even if I am not carrying. Bullhide will work as well.

www.thebeltman.net

I have been wearing a Dark Brown Sharkskin 1.5" belt from Littlebearholsters for over a year and a half.
    The belt looks still new even though I wear it almost every day. At $95.00, this is one of my better/best investments.
    JBPDXOR
    Cougar 8000 9mm
    S&W 586 4" 357
    Winchester Defender 12g

1.5" 5 stitch wilderness instructor. Love it and the price!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links