Now able to CC in most parts of my town!

This is a discussion on Now able to CC in most parts of my town! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Montana state laws says they you can cc outside of city limits, after finding out today that most parts of town I travel to daily ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now able to CC in most parts of my town!

Montana state laws says they you can cc outside of city limits, after finding out today that most parts of town I travel to daily from local gun stores and other places are outside of city limits! Im going to pick up a crossbreed holster after this drill weekend! Cheers! Very exciting to know this, I love Montana!
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Just don't go within 1,000 yards of a school.

Congrats to MO...
    I believe that FL will be joining the ranks of OC'ers now that we have a very pro-gun Governor...just a matter of time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    That sounds very good
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    OP, just make sure you know where "city limits" lie. Boundries can be vague and/or unmarked in many locations.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

That has been the law for a long time. Why not just get a Concealed License? $60 for for years and you only have to be 18. No classes required. That way you don't have to worry about the boundry.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    That has been the law for a long time. Why not just get a Concealed License? $60 for for years and you only have to be 18. No classes required. That way you don't have to worry about the boundry.
    Wow $60.00!!! Definately a no-brainer.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I turn 18 in January.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    Actually now the sheriff will not issue you one unless you have classes or hunters safety card, I know cause my wife just went through the hunters ed with my son so she could apply for a CWP and it was way cheaper than the classes.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    I turn 18 in January.
    And you had better read the law a little closer cause not being 18 you (in the best of my knowledge) are not allowed to be in possesion of a handgun unless with a guardian. I sell firearms and you can not legally buy one until 21 but you can legally posses one at 18. So be carefull
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

If you need a gun safety class (which is what Montana requires) in the Missoula/Hamilton areas, I highly recommend: Montana Handgunning, L.L.C., Mark Kowack, PO Box 311, 140 Cherry Street, Hamilton, MT 59840, phone 363-1336.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unli...rent-purchases

I'm not real sure you can carry it. This will answer the Federal Law Question for under 18. Scroll down for under 18 question.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

http://www.opencarry.org/mt.html

http://www.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/cr...ledweapons.asp

Read both of these and tell me where I cant, Also if it makes you feel better the whole KPD knows I carry a gun. The gun was gifted to me from my father. You should read the law closer

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    If you need a gun safety class (which is what Montana requires) in the Missoula/Hamilton areas, I highly recommend: Montana Handgunning, L.L.C., Mark Kowack, PO Box 311, 140 Cherry Street, Hamilton, MT 59840, phone 363-1336.
    Thanks but I'm already satisfied with the training I have right now.

mrm
    Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Read both of these and tell me where I cant, Also if it makes you feel better the whole KPD knows I carry a gun. The gun was gifted to me from my father. You should read the law closer
    The gun being gifted to you by your father is legal, the gun being carried by you under the age of 18 is not, the first link you put up is the open carry law which still does not trump the FEDERAL law stating that no minor be in possesion of a handgun without supervision, now ignorance of the law is no excuse, I have asked numerous officers questions about the ccw to see if they are all the same and guess what usually they all say something different as to how the law reads to him or her.
    Not only do I have to hand out the youth handgun safty stupid paper with every purchase my wife is also a paralegal and she about chocked on her tongue when she found out what I was typing about, The law somtimes reads different to some people do me a favor and contact a judge up there and let me know what they say about minors carrying handguns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links