Went to the movies

This is a discussion on Went to the movies within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; the other night to see Hary Potter with my wife and kids. I always carry my Kel-tec .380 in my pocket holster but have been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Went to the movies

Went to the movies

the other night to see Hary Potter with my wife and kids. I always carry my Kel-tec .380 in my pocket holster but have been thinking of getting a belt holster for it.
    Well in the middle of the movie I need to hit the restroom and when I went to stand up my holster and pistol it the floor. I plopped back down in my seat and scrambled with my hands to locate it. Once found and safely back in my pocket I nearly had a heart attack! What if it had gone off? Man, I could even get up to go to the bathroom for a while. This was a new pair of pants and the pockets aren't loose meaning if your butt is lower than your knees in a seat it'll empty your pockets if your not quick.
    You can bet I had my hands on my pocket when I did go to the bathroom. Going to look at holsters this week for sure.

2. Remove Ads

See a related article http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=12762229

Get yourself a good holster.

I carry my keltec p3at in a crossbreed minituck. Great holster and very comfortable. Some might say it is overkill for such a small gun but I never have to worry about it going anywhere and the draw is smooth and fast.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

if your pistol goes off from falling, you need to invest in a different pistol or take it to a gunsmith
    ironmike86 and CaveTroll like this.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

In the great state of NC, not only would you have the embarrassment of your weapon going off and possibly hurting someone, you most likely would be losing your concealed carry permit along with some possible jail time and fines. It is illegal here to carry anywhere that charges admission. I know, we are still a little behind.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    if your pistol goes off from falling, you need to invest in a different pistol or take it to a gunsmith
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I second that.
    me three!

That would not be a acceptable firearm for me.

Any pistol being carried should be in an appropriate holster and if pocket carried, nothing else should ever be in the pocket except gun and holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Cute quote, but kindof ignores the unfortunate reality. If you look at this very forum's Carry guns section you'll see a number of stickies relating to recalls of very popular carry pistols. It seems the #1 reason for recall is defective drop safeties.

So while it may be cute and clever to say "A modern handgun in good condition won't discharge when dropped" in reality, there have been some bad designs lately that make such a thing a very real possibility. Dropping any handgun is never a good idea.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas Cowboy View Post
    the other night to see Hary Potter with my wife and kids. I always carry my Kel-tec .380 in my pocket holster but have been thinking of getting a belt holster for it.
    Well in the middle of the movie I need to hit the restroom and when I went to stand up my holster and pistol it the floor. I plopped back down in my seat and scrambled with my hands to locate it. Once found and safely back in my pocket I nearly had a heart attack! What if it had gone off? Man, I could even get up to go to the bathroom for a while. This was a new pair of pants and the pockets aren't loose meaning if your butt is lower than your knees in a seat it'll empty your pockets if your not quick.
    You can bet I had my hands on my pocket when I did go to the bathroom. Going to look at holsters this week for sure.
    Yeeikes!

Check this out: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3224&GunID=314
    Four words: Amazon One Day Shipping

I have one for mine. I wear it all day everyday. It's soft suede inside and out. The suede grips the inside of the pocket and also grips the surface of the gun. My work is very physical and involves a lot of climbing and precarious body positioning and this thing has NEVER budged (tho I still check it often). As an added measure, on one pair of jeans I have sewn a velcro tab into the inside of the pocket which secures it closed, just in case. Match the thread with the fabric of the pants - no one will notice a thing.

While you're at it, grab one of these too: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...3924&GunID=314
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Here's a $10 IWB holster that comes with the Hellcat .380 (LCP clone). It's not fancy or anything, but looks like it would be better than falling out of your pocket. Several co-workers and I were at our local gun shop and they had some of these Hellcat .380s in the case new and they come with this holster. A couple folks in there with LCPs wanted a holster like it for theirs. I found them on the link below and they've been a hit with my co-workers that have LCPs.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/ind...emart&Itemid=2
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I've been carrying this gun in my pocket holster for nearly 3 yrs and never had this problem before. My pocket holster is leather and has a hook built into so it grabs on the pocket as you draw. Works great in all my other pants except this new pair and their gettin donated to charity!
    I've never heard of the Kel-tecs going off like the LCP was supposed to when dropped but it was just the thought that scared me. I never carry anything else in the same pocket as my pistol, like cargo pants so I'm not hurting for pockets.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    It is illegal here to carry anywhere that charges admission. I know, we are still a little behind.
    I don't want to rag on North Carolina, but whhhaaatttt? That sounds really ridiculous, sorry to hear this

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    glad it didnt go off
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I don't want to rag on North Carolina, but whhhaaatttt? That sounds really ridiculous, sorry to hear this
    'Tis true. Here in NC, the law states we cannot carry in any place where an admission is charged. Hence, movie theaters are a no-carry zone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links