Anyone here carry a PX4 Sub-Compact?

This is a discussion on Anyone here carry a PX4 Sub-Compact? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did a search to my surprise am getting no results. Just curious if anyone here carries one. I am absolutely in love with the design ...

Thread: Anyone here carry a PX4 Sub-Compact?

Anyone here carry a PX4 Sub-Compact?

Did a search to my surprise am getting no results. Just curious if anyone here carries one. I am absolutely in love with the design and am thinking of taking the plunging since im going to do my CCW here in the next week or two.

How well does it conceal? Would it be easy to tuck away during the summer? Any problems with it?

2. Remove Ads

I bought one, not with the intent to carry it. However, once I got it and actualliy carried it a few times ... it was more comfortable and easier to conceal than some of my other guns. I began finding myself carrying it more and more, until it became my main carry gun. Excellent gun, shoots great, and good quality (much better than many).

One thing to remember, it fits into most XD-SC holsters too, but conceals much better than the XD. .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have one that I carry quite a bit. It is a great gun, accurate, no problems, and the trigger is pretty good. During the summer it does leave a bulge under what I am wearing since it is a rather thick gun but people really do not notice. I did get a Kahr K9 that is easier to carry but there is a trade off in magazine capacity. If you like it and it fits, go for it!!

This gun is on my "to acquire" list. I have held one and shot one now, I think I have shot one anyway. I have a hard time keeping everything I have shot straight in my head. But I definitely want one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've had one for over a year and use as CCW. It is a little fat, but carries well in a Galco IWB. A loose T-shirt is enough. It's accurate, controllable and hi-cap. 13 (last round is tight in the magazine) +1. All rounds can be put into a 4" ring at 30'. I do admit that when I first looked at it, I thought it looked a bit like Spaceman Spiff's gun. I got it as my 92FS was a bit too big to carry concealed, and I'd had good experience with Beretta. It'll likely share CCW with a planned Colt Combat Commander vs SA Loaded Champion. (Don't have a .45 yet and those are the 2 left in the running for 'new gun'.)

Get a holster that does not let the gun seat 'too deep' as the smaller grip may keep you from having a full grab if you have a larger hand. The flip down tab on the mag buttplate will help keep the pinkie from sliding over the end and increasing flip. I had a few feed issues when brand new, but that was grip and wristing error on my part. I may try this gun at USPSA when my Fobus OWB arrives.

Had one for a while. Also carried IWB with a Galco. Ended up trading in for a CZ, which just fits me better.

Appreciate the input. Been putting off this CCW thing on hold too long. Seems people are getting more aggressive as time goes on and its reaching a point where i'm no longer 100% content with being unarmed.

I have one and carry it in a CBST. Great gun and very accurate, but don't carry it much anymore because I like carrying my Kahr CW 40. It's much thinner and lighter.
    2 Chr 7:14

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    The problems that this gun has are:

1) It is extremely fat and wide

2) It is very heavy for a compact model.

It is even more bulky and heavy than a Para P10-45 Auto

Here is a photo of the PX4 Subcompact on the left, next to a Para P10-45 Auto on the right:

I agree, it is a bit bulky..or stout, hefty, or the dreaded...husky.. I find it has become less and less cumbersome than the first week I owned it. I find quiet reassurance in it's mass. LOL

here's the full article with comparisons.. http://www.concealthis.com/?p=26

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I agree that it is a good quality gun. The 3 inch barrel is the only other thing that I don't like about it. A 3.5 inch barrel would have been a better fit, in my opinion.

Beretta is coming out early next year with a new compact model, that might be more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by OtoPA View Post
    I agree, it is a bit bulky..or stout, hefty, or the dreaded...husky.. I find it has become less and less cumbersome than the first week I owned it. I find quiet reassurance in it's mass. LOL
    It's less than an XD-SC or many Glocks, a Beretta 8000, and many other guns that are carried every day.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Agree that it's a bit heavy and bulky, but I CC my Storm Subcompact and love it!

I wear a SERPA Blackhawk holster. While the holster is arguably not the best for CC, it works for me, keeping it secure and not making me feel like I'm lugging a heavy subcompact around.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

I carry one every time I leave the house. Crossbreed supertuck deluxe, Fobus OWB, fanny pack or even in a jacket or pants pocket with a cheap Redhead pocket holster. It's a little chunky, sure, but I love the way it fits my hand and the 13+1 capacity. I just don't like the thin gripped guns, they just don't feel right in my hands. Also love the looks of it and it's accuracy/shoot-ability.

Links