the brick stays home

This is a discussion on the brick stays home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so i have been CCW in NYS for less than one year now. I started with a Glock 30 in a crossbreed supertuck, but ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the brick stays home

the brick stays home

Ok, so i have been CCW in NYS for less than one year now. I started with a Glock 30 in a crossbreed supertuck, but find myself always leaving it in the gunsafe, and taking along the Smith and Wesson 642ct in front pocket carry wherever i go. It is so much lighter, dont have to worry about a tucked in shirt, and it conceals so well. At first i felt a little underpowered with 38+P speer gold dots, but now i dont think about it at all.... so much so that i just purchased a Smith 442 with a boot cut grip that i just love also... Question is, will i ever want to get back to carrying my Glock?... dont get me wrong... love the Glock, and i shoot it pretty well if i dont say so myself. I find myself looking on youtube at nutnfancy's reviews on small pistols, and am wondering about the Kel Tec pf9 for pocket carry... problem is, i sold my new Kel Tec P3at cause it was too unreliable. What do you peple think? Bunker

2. Remove Ads

Ruger LCP would be a nice option. thats what i went with b/c of many people i talked to having reliability problems with their kel tec's, i have no experiance with them persoally and i know alot people say they have never had a problem. I was able to pick up a LCP for only about 25-30 bucks more then a kel tec also
    dont count that 642 out though thats what my fiance has and it is a really nice gun, i have to admit ive thought about picking one up for myself i like hers so much (she doesnt like to share lol)

The G30 is a silly gun to me. Fat as it is tall. Even staying in the Glock family there are so many more comfortable guns to carry.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Administrator
    Keep your J frames, don't fix what aint broke.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IMO....you need to try and reconcile with your Glock and reassess your holster options. Carry is a package ordeal. If your pistol works for you, you should find something that works for it.

I wouldn't get rid of any of 'em. Nothin' wrong with having a few different tools for different jobs. I've been told several times something to the effect of, "Same gun, same place, everytime.." which is great advice but that doesn't mean it's always going to be realistic for some folks. I carry a Glock 19 with a spare mag and you're right, it's a brick. Other days I carry a S&W 442 and consider it to be an adequate fighting weapon and a huge relief to lug around in contrast to the Glock.

I've heard good things about the Ruger LCP's and I'm thinking about pickin' one up myself. But I also have a Keltec P32 that I gave a "fluff & buff". That thing has thrown a lot of lead downrange without a hiccup. I know the smaller caliber Keltecs can be a little finicky with ammo but I've had no trouble. I also keep it clean enough to stir my coffee with.
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post
    I wouldn't get rid of any of 'em. Nothin' wrong with having a few different tools for different jobs. I've been told several times something to the effect of, "Same gun, same place, everytime.." which is great advice but that doesn't mean it's always going to be realistic for some folks. I carry a Glock 19 with a spare mag and you're right, it's a brick. Other days I carry a S&W 442 and consider it to be an adequate fighting weapon and a huge relief to lug around in contrast to the Glock.

I've heard good things about the Ruger LCP's and I'm thinking about pickin' one up myself. But I also have a Keltec P32 that I gave a "fluff & buff". That thing has thrown a lot of lead downrange without a hiccup. I know the smaller caliber Keltecs can be a little finicky with ammo but I've had no trouble. I also keep it clean enough to stir my coffee with.
    My kel tec was always clean, but never was reliable... even after going to a gunsmith locally that i trust. Maybe the LCP would be better, but it looks like the same exact gun to me. I would never get rid of my glock, and it is comfortable to carry in my CBST, but carrying the snub is so much easier. Bunker

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    The G30 is a silly gun to me. Fat as it is tall. Even staying in the Glock family there are so many more comfortable guns to carry.
    If standing on the wrong end of a .45 ACP is silly, it most certainly is. It certainly stopped me in my tracks. Less tall and barely "fatter' than many of "carry guns" is so, so silly. Carrying all that extra weight of the ten 230 grain bullets is a bit of a drag, but it's kind of reassuring, to me at least.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Bunker and me: same state, same transition! (although mine was from the block 36)

Quote Originally Posted by 3rik View Post

I have an LCP it has never FTE but I found it hard to aim UNTIL I put a CT on it and that made it very viable in my mind.. Bear in mind that I am not a 380 fan but I do believe that a 380 in your hand is more valuable then a .45 in your drawer.. I always have the LCP and most of the time I carry a 1911 or a "Judge" as a primary..There is no reason to exclude any weapon because situations change.. I am going to a family affair today for example I expect a lot of "huggy touchy" stuff so I will leave the "Judge" in the car when I arrive and keep the LCP in my pocket..When I leave I will rearm with some real firepower for the trip home..I believe in "always carry never tell"...

I think you will find that you may go thru different phases in concealed carry. For me, it is a matter of enjoying life and being able to relax without always feeling weighed down or inconvienced, and thats why I love j frames. You need options.

11 rounds of 45 acp is very comforting vs 5 rounds of ,38 spec. Carry both.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    11 rounds of 45 acp is very comforting vs 5 rounds of ,38 spec. Carry both.
    Speaking from experience here, just ONE round of .45 can be very comforting properly applied.. LOL

kpw
    It's all about what your comfortable with. Personally, I find a Glock or any other larger pistol on my waist, way more comfortable than a J frame in a front pocket. I do pocket carry a P32 but I still hate the feeling. How you dress is going to be a big factor and if your a shirt tucker, someone that feels the need to tuck in button up shirts, it's not going to be as easy packing on the waist. Some have to and pocket carry might be their easiest option.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Stay away from the kel tec. My pf9 was a pos and I could never rely on it so I traded it in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links