Requesting opinions from MC riders

This is a discussion on Requesting opinions from MC riders within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gents, I am about to ask the wife for a MC jacket for Christmas. Since I mostly ride the bike to/from work, I don't normally ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Requesting opinions from MC riders

Requesting opinions from MC riders

Gents,

I am about to ask the wife for a MC jacket for Christmas. Since I mostly ride the bike to/from work, I don't normally carry on the bike (bad form on DoD installations). I am curious of what you think of this jacket. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...ets/41217.html

I'm thinking it's a little snug for IWB carry. However, I could still pocket carry. I'm wondering if the jacket pocket would hold a J-frame or a .380. I'm ruling out shoulder holster because I'd probably take off the jacket when I stopped.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

2. Remove Ads

I was looking at a Joe Rocket Jacket that was an excellent carry jacket. Both front pockets could easily hold and conceal my XD.45 sadly none were small enough for me. If you want I'll see if I can find a link to one. The one you posted looks like it would not conceal very well and would be hard to access but that is an opinion based solely on looking at the pic
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

That's OK. The pic is all I have to go off of, too. Sure, shoot me a pic.

Thanks,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

That's a nice looking jacket. Mine's pretty form fitting and even the cell phone on the belt is kind of snug, but I almost always carry my snubbie in a Smart Carry. That works well with a snug jacket.

Sponsor
    Here's the jacket that I picked up from leatherup.com

The cut is very close to the one you are looking at . Mine is fine for IWB carry @3:00 and I have the side gussets snugged in pretty close. I have never tried to pocket carry in it.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Here's the jacket that I picked up from leatherup.com

The cut is very close to the one you are looking at . Mine is fine for IWB carry @3:00 and I have the side gussets snugged in pretty close. I have never tried to pocket carry in it.
    I would go this route. The laced sides will give you more control over how snug you are around your waist.
    NRA Endowment Member
    USCCA Member
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Patriot Guard Rider

I have a jacket almost exactly like that one, but longer over the kidneys. Nice jacket with roomy front pockets. It's not exactly that jacket though, so I'd hate to tell you the pockets would be the same, but even my mesh leather jacket has decent size front pockets.
    I live too close to NY to carry though. Not unless I know exactly where I'm riding. Sad...

For anyone looking to buy a MC jacket, I recommend Fox Creek Leather.

Great quality, Made in USA, Lifetime Guarantee.

I'm not affiliated with them other than being a very satisfied customer. For example, when my first jacket was a bit too snug, a quick call and they had another on it's way before I even shipped the first one back. That way I could decide which one felt better. And the workmanship is first-rate.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxdpm View Post
    For anyone looking to buy a MC jacket, I recommend Fox Creek Leather.

Great quality, Made in USA, Lifetime Guarantee.

I'm not affiliated with them other than being a very satisfied customer. For example, when my first jacket was a bit too snug, a quick call and they had another on it's way before I even shipped the first one back. That way I could decide which one felt better. And the workmanship is first-rate.

++1 For the Fox Creek Leather ! That has to be the BEST jacket I've ever owned ! You can talk to them before you purchase the jacket and get the fit you need......

AzB
    I wear full leathers year 'round, a perforated snug set for summer, and a slightly looser set for winter.

You want a tight fit, otherwise the leathers may move or ride up when you fall, making them useless for protection from road rash.

I cannot wear iwb while wearing my summer leathers, they are too snug. I usually prefer a shoulder holster for longer rides anyway as it's more comfortable, easier to get to, and safer. There is a lot less chance of the gun going sliding down the road, as well as less chance of the gun damaging my body. I have crashed a couple times with the shoulder holster, and it's never caused any problems at all.

It's a balancing act, and you may have to make compromises. Don't be afraid to experiment.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

I ride and have a leather from Wilson's leather...... seemed to me to be more comfy while CCWing
    take a look at this site, you might find something that works for you.
    http://www.wilsonsleather.com/home/index.jsp
    I HAVE this one in particular, (below) though it serves me as a everydy AND bike jacket, very comfy slightly fuller cut, and lots of pockets that store a 642 to a full size 1911
    http://www.wilsonsleather.com/produc...entPage=family
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    when you read this you will understand that I don't have a MC...

Someone posted this a while back, at least I think it was here. Forget the jacket and just get a setup like this. I love the looks. Of course I would prefer black.

...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

How 'bout another + for Fox Creek Leather. I belong to a number of motorcycle forums and have never once seen a post that is anything but positive.

...and to Brady. Black IS the fastest color, but you knew that already!
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

After 40+ years of riding, I sold my Harley last year...don't ask why, it's a long story.
    Anyway, I never had a problem when wearing my leather combined with either IWB strong side holsters, or even my IWB/SOB holsters.
    The leather jacket, when I wore one, kept the gun covered and tight against the body.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wore the same jacket for around forty years of riding different bikes that I owned and I still have it. I doubt that I will ever sell it. I bought it off a retiring motor officer. IIRC it is horse hide, has adjustable/lace sides and a large inner pocket fleece wrist guards inside and the snap on fur collar. If you can find one of these, I would highly recommend it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links