Concealed Carry at HSBC Arena in Buffalo?

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry at HSBC Arena in Buffalo? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heading to a hockey game in Buffalo, NY in a little while. I have my NYS concealed permit but not sure of the law when ...

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Concealed Carry at HSBC Arena in Buffalo?

  1. #1
    Member Array wilbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    126

    Concealed Carry at HSBC Arena in Buffalo?

    Heading to a hockey game in Buffalo, NY in a little while. I have my NYS concealed permit but not sure of the law when carrying to a NHL game at the arena. Anyone know if it is allowed?

    Thanks!

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,506
    Check here...

    http://www.usacarry.com/


    This info...
    Places off-limits when carrying:
    It is a crime to possess any rifle, shotgun or handgun in or upon a building or grounds, used for educational purposes, of any school, college or university. It is lawful, however, to possess a rifle, shotgun or handgun in or upon the forestry lands, wherever located, owned and maintained by the State University of New York College of environmental science and forestry, without the written authorization of such educational institution.

    Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
    New York is a Castle Doctrine state but has no stand-your-ground law.

    Open Carry:
    Prohibited in all public areas.


    This seems to be your answer...make a local call to your county...
    Localities with Varying Laws:
    Contact your local county.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  4. #3
    Member Array wilbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    126
    Thanks, I tried calling the arena but no answer. I sent them an email but so far no answer. The arena website addresses many things but not this subject. It's tough getting an answer.

  5. #4
    Member Array merlin82plus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    116
    Some sports venues will put their regulations in the fine print on the back of the ticket. If I remember right, they do ask people to take their jackets off as they come through the turnstiles, and if you're printing badly (or get frisked) they might refuse to let you in. As far as it being against the law, I'm not so sure.

  6. #5
    Member Array wilbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, NY
    Posts
    126
    Here is the email I received as an answer to the one I sent them....

    "Thank you for your email. We do not allow weapons of any kind inside HSBC Arena. Thank you."

    I chose not to carry into the arena. I did not see signs posted saying "no carry", but as entered I was asked to open my jacket. No pat down and no looking under my jacket. If I was carrying they would have never known since I had a hockey jersey on and the gun would have been in my waistband under the jersey. I have looked but cannot find any law that governs the arena. I will have to keep looking.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array bunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    work
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbmeister View Post
    Here is the email I received as an answer to the one I sent them....

    "Thank you for your email. We do not allow weapons of any kind inside HSBC Arena. Thank you."

    I chose not to carry into the arena. I did not see signs posted saying "no carry", but as entered I was asked to open my jacket. No pat down and no looking under my jacket. If I was carrying they would have never known since I had a hockey jersey on and the gun would have been in my waistband under the jersey. I have looked but cannot find any law that governs the arena. I will have to keep looking.
    You are crazy for not carrying at the arena!!! I have been to that arena and its not in the best part of Buffalo if i can recall. State and federal bldgs, schools, college's, those are the no no's... everything else is perfectly legal. Bunker

  8. #7
    Member Array MountainPacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    319
    Any time you ask a private business if they'd allow you to carry a gun they will say no. Just make sure you are legal and do what you wish. Either avoid the business or carry anyway. Asking just makes things worse.

  9. #8
    Ex Member Array hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    Any time you ask a private business if they'd allow you to carry a gun they will say no. Just make sure you are legal and do what you wish. Either avoid the business or carry anyway. Asking just makes things worse.
    I know of no businesses (A Sports Arena is a business) here that have any policy about CCW on premises, and I've never seen a sign anywhere. The law quoted defines what's off-limits otherwise. There's no need for me to ask any place outside of those prohibited and no sense that they have any policy anyway. So, I'm pretty free here to CCW where I wish, same (outside of NYC) in other parts of the state. No places that post about private businesses that I'm aware of.

    I understand why you did ask, you're from out of town and you hear a lot of stuff about New York (a lot not true). So, made sense in case a law was being broken. But now you know about the Arena's policy since you did ask. And your decision is now to follow that policy or not. (Me too since now I know they have a policy, the only one I know here. But I hardly ever go there so.......)

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855
    It is easier to ask for forgiveness than premission. Hitch

  11. #10
    Member Array cardinalfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    103
    In MO, it's pretty simple. It's spelled out in the statute.

    (16) Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

  12. #11
    Member Array fatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    I know of no businesses (A Sports Arena is a business) here that have any policy about CCW on premises, and I've never seen a sign anywhere. The law quoted defines what's off-limits otherwise. There's no need for me to ask any place outside of those prohibited and no sense that they have any policy anyway. So, I'm pretty free here to CCW where I wish, same (outside of NYC) in other parts of the state. No places that post about private businesses that I'm aware of.

    I understand why you did ask, you're from out of town and you hear a lot of stuff about New York (a lot not true). So, made sense in case a law was being broken. But now you know about the Arena's policy since you did ask. And your decision is now to follow that policy or not. (Me too since now I know they have a policy, the only one I know here. But I hardly ever go there so.......)
    Yeah NY has a very bad rep when it comes to firearms, most of that is about the process in getting a license to carry. But once you do get that card, and jump through the rest of the various county defined hoops, NYS is rather simple when it comes to rules. So far, outside of state and federal offices, I have not seen one sign...

    There is a guy in Syracuse that owns a small convenience store, he has a "NO GUNS" sign, but then written on the bottom it says "because I will shoot back" .... and he did, recently winging a would be armed robber. But so far I have not seen a single serious posted place. And if you have an unrestricted permit, you are free to carry at will. As long as you don't go to NYC...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New security measures in effect at Energy Solutions Arena
    By Coder in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
  2. I hate this -- Arena, not sure what to do
    By Zach and Holly in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: June 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
  3. New P239 - I need ideas for a very concealed undetectable holster for Concealed Carry
    By kashton in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
  4. Norfolk Scope arena
    By paramedic70002 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
  5. County Fair and Arena
    By rljohns in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM

Search tags for this page

buffalo concealed carry

,

buffalo ny concealed carry

,

ccw in buffalo ny

,
conceal carry buffalo ny
,
concealed carry buffalo
,

concealed carry buffalo ny

,

concealed carry in sporting venues in ny

,
concealed carry laws in ct gun sports venue
,

erie county concealed carry permit

,
erie county ny ccw
,
nys ccw laws
,
nys concealed carry laws
Click on a term to search for related topics.