www.handgunlaw.us Needs Your Assistance

This is a discussion on www.handgunlaw.us Needs Your Assistance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Handgunlaw.us is in the process of adding an image of each states Permit/License to Carry. I am short images for Mississippi, Montana and Wyoming. I ...

Thread: www.handgunlaw.us Needs Your Assistance

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Handgunlaw.us is in the process of adding an image of each states Permit/License to Carry. I am short images for Mississippi, Montana and Wyoming.
    I can not find any images on the web for these states. If you have a link to one of those states images that would be fantastic. I am completely rebuilding the images except for the states that put out a Sample Image.

Asking someone to scan their permit and send it to someone they don't know is very tough even with certain info blotted out. I expect the name, Permit #, Street Address, Photo and any other info the person seems should be removed to be blotted out or painted over in the image. If you do wish to send an image could you please leave one letter of each line etc so I know it color, font, size etc.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...asCCWImage.png
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...onCCWImage.jpg
    http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/...aCCWImage2.jpg
    are images that I have built up and put on Photo bucket for others to see. These will be on their respective state pages at Handgunlaw.us on or about 1/1/11 as that is when I have to update every states page because Iowa goes shall issue then and honors all other states permit/licenses.
    Admins@handgunlaw.us or my home email address garyslider (AT) suddenlink (DOT)
    You can also call me via land line at 304 xzxzxzxzxzxzx 455 xzxzdzdzdzd 4274 which is my listed home phone # between 10am and 10pm if you wish to talk to a real person before sharing a image of your permit/license.
    Again I have everything I need but Mississippi, Montana and Wyoming.
    i believe I have also added a couple Images as attachments here. Handgunlaw.us thanks you for any assistance you can give us in this matter.
    My South Carolina CCW Image.jpgMY Nevada CCW Permit Image.jpg
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

never mind, my bad.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Gary,

Not to be too picky or anything - About the Nevada permit pictured.

It looks just like mine except:
    The expiration should be five years, not four;
    It would not list the model 66 (on a recently issued permit) but would say - REVEOLVERS AUTHORIZED

And, of course that one is from Clark County (las Vegas) and I have no idea what permits issued by other counties look like but I am guessing they are at least somewhat different.

Thanks for all you do, you have and maintain, by far, the best web site of its kind.

Ken

Ken, Have to say I didn't even check how long a NV permit is valid when I built it. But the image I had showed a revolver and two autos listed and that is the way they were listed. But have to say I put mine on more neatly than they did. I just got a Kansas image and was told that there are three Security Seals on theirs that won't copy. So my Kansas Image won't look near 100%. Most of my images look pretty good but they are a representation of their Permit/License and not 100%. I do have a New York City Unrestricted License that was tough to come by but I am surprised that MT and MS are still out of my reach. I just received a PM that stated they would send me a WY image. I also sent the NV image to a guy and He said that looked like the one he use to have. But I like all the feedback I can get. Thanks and

Edit - Ken I changed the date to make it 5 years on my copy. Thanks
    Last edited by Gary Slider; November 27th, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary just wanted to drop a note to say Thank You for your site. I can send you a Nassau County (Long Island) NY If you Wish. Send me a PM.

Gary,

Uber thanks for all of your efforts! I use your site frequently for travelling and find it very complete.

Thanks from KY (and if you ever need anything about KY, please don't hesistate to ask!!)

Bill
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

Bill, Thank you and thanks for the offer of assistance. It is very much appreciated. Handgunlaw.us is what it is because of people assisting. I can't do it all myself. No one anyone can unless they do it for a living and then it is usually more than one. Been doing this for 15+ years and still light years away from knowing all about it I want to know. I wish every state made it as easy as Kentucky does. Straight forward when compared to the other states. By the way we are neighbors. I live in WV. Went to School at Marshall. Stay Safe,
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary,

I'd also like to say thanks. When researching applying for my KS permit (FL to as far as that goes), your site was easier to follow than my own AG's! I travel frequently, so I'm always visiting to get the latest on my destination. Thanks for all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    ... the image I had showed a revolver and two autos listed and that is the way they were listed. ...
    Yes, Gary, that is how they were listed before the law as changed in '07 so that we no longer have to qualify separately with each and every revolver.

Ken

I'm actually impressed that out of only 1200+ CCW holders in the whole state of New Jersey that you were actually able to find a person who has one!
    do you need non-resident permits too? It's my understanding that some states have different IDs for non-resident holders.

Tommy3rd, Some states do and some don't but do send me anything you like. I might be able to use it. Massachusetts is the only state I know that gave out a totally different Non Resident Permit than Resident Permit. But for obtaining things like this I have found that Shooters are the most friendly group of extremists I know. Of all the shoots I have been to from Local to National Matches I have met one shooter that needed strangled. Every other person I have met were what I call "Good People." They will help you in an instant. That is how I got the NJ. Shooters are just friendly. I tell all my Students if they find a range where people are shooting and they carry 50 rounds of Factory Brass Hardball ammo in 38 spl, 9, 40 and 45 that I don't know a shooter that would not let them shoot their gun. If you are a new shooter most will even let you shoot a few of their rounds. Good People and a good way to try out different guns. When I go shooting I always carry one or more boxes of the different rounds. I have shot a lot of different guns.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Bill, Thank you and thanks for the offer of assistance. It is very much appreciated. Handgunlaw.us is what it is because of people assisting. I can't do it all myself. No one anyone can unless they do it for a living and then it is usually more than one. Been doing this for 15+ years and still light years away from knowing all about it I want to know. I wish every state made it as easy as Kentucky does. Straight forward when compared to the other states. By the way we are neighbors. I live in WV. Went to School at Marshall. Stay Safe,
    Gary I have 1 year old NV permit (Clark County) that has the new entry for all revolvers and my 3 semi autos. I'd be happy to take a picture of both sides and send it to you. If you could black out my personal info I'd be ok with posting it.

Sounds great to me Swinokur. admins@handgunlaw.us or garyslider (AT) suddenlink (Dot) net and it will get to me. I will remove all your info and put my info on it before posting it then delete your image from my computer. Thank you. Much appreciated.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Get it to you today

Stu

Sponsored Links