Carry a weapon,You need a quarter.

This is a discussion on Carry a weapon,You need a quarter. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here in COLORADO theres a law that if a bulding has a metal detector. The security has to keep the weapon while the owner is ...

Thread: Carry a weapon,You need a quarter.

Carry a weapon,You need a quarter.

Here in COLORADO theres a law that if a bulding has a metal detector. The security has to keep the weapon while the owner is behind the ZONE.At the correctional facility I work at they put in lockers for you to secure your weapon. Only it cost you a quarter to use them.
    Get you coming and going.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    At least they allow you to bring them. Lucky you.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

jezz

Assistant Administrator
    I'd go for lockers and the quarter - rather than the lesser alternatives!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    I've always argued that anyplace where you are not allowed to carry should provide secure lockboxes to store your weapon. I worked as a corrections officer for several years and we had boxs at the main gate so EVERYONE, police included, who entered our facility stored their wapons there before entering. No big deal.
    As a kid I used to go to the Angola Prison Rodeo at Louisiana State Prison. Every year as we entered the gates an officer would ask, "Do you have any weapons in your vehicle?" If so you simply pulled off to the side inside the gate, took your gun to the guard shack and it was locked up and you got a claim ticket for it. On the way out of the prison after the rodeo you hand your ticket to the corrections officer at the gate, they hand you the gun and you are on your way. It should be this simple everywhere.

The prison I work at in NC allows employee's to bring weapons to work if they have a lock box to secure them in a locked vehicle. This does require written permission from the superintendent. I was talking with him a couple of months back and he said only five employee's (I am one) have made the request. This out of approximately 200. I would think it would be much higher.

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by country85
    The prison I work at in NC allows employee's to bring weapons to work if they have a lock box to secure them in a locked vehicle. This does require written permission from the superintendent. I was talking with him a couple of months back and he said only five employee's (I am one) have made the request. This out of approximately 200. I would think it would be much higher.
    It is probably because most of the others just don't bother with the lock box requirement and simply secured their guns in the glove box. If your place does random vehicle searches in the parking lot they could get caught up short by doing it but that's probably what is going on.
    We had it better at the prison where I worked. An officer could sign for a key to a lockbox arraingement in a reception building at the front gate. Each was about the size of a shoe box and they secured to a wall. Basically looked like a big bunch of Post Office boxes. Ever shift change you could find several officers going into the reception building, opening their little lock boxes and, instead of pulling out letters and bills, withdrawing various types of handguns before heading home. This made it really convienient and unnecessary to store in the car in the parking lot. Let the warden come around and do random parking lot inspections. My stuff was always kept in the locker they provided me for 6 years.

Links