Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit. - Page 2

Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit.

This is a discussion on Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tacman605 Personally I would just get a smaller knife yours is a bit of overkill. Like everyone has said, it'll be trespassing ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Personally I would just get a smaller knife yours is a bit of overkill.
    Like everyone has said, it'll be trespassing because the owner/management have the right to ban most whatever they want on their premises.

I think Glocksin is taking too much liberty in thinking it is ok or normal to unsheath a 7" blade in a public place let alone a bowling alley and not expect to draw attention and possibly be removed.

Is a mall missing its ninja?

Why would you want to stay in a place and give money to a place, that is so anti ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

So, how to you bowl while carrying?! just a thought..... I don't have alot of IWB experience but I know that I couldn't bowl with mine unless I was wearing a parka. :)

Like others have said, if your trying to make a point after being told to leave an establishment for having a knife, gun or whatever, your clearly in the wrong. Unless you want a nice trip to jail, you leave the establishment with whatever weapon they want out of their place.

Oh and yea, I would consider a more appropriate knife for daily carry. You might want to visit Washington Arkansas sometime and see where the Bowie Knife originated. I don't live to far from there but still choose to carry a folding defensive knive in my pocket.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I would not let anyone carry concealed on my property, licensed or not.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Senior Moderator
    When asked to leave by management...do so immediately! Armed trespass is not a good thing to stay around for the LEOs to discuss with you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

If a weapon is properly concealed no one is going to ask you to leave. Cause they just don't know. Hummm where have I heard that before?
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

VIP Member
    Sorry I'm late... here's the popcorn!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Why would you want to stay in a place and give money to a place, that is so anti ?

Eagle no offense but what part of the OP makes this place anti gun? The OP pulls out a large fixed blade knife in the middle of a bowling alley, home to all sorts of people, and is told by the management he does not need to have it in there. He then attempts to show his license to carry a concealed handgun, which unless I am mistaken does not cover or have anything to do with carrying a Rambo blade, and they don't want to hear it. That is not being anti that is using common sense. This situation had nothing to do with carrying a firearm so the bowling alley can't be anti gun.
    As has been said by so many board members so many times, concealed is concealed, you pull out a weapon in public and get noticed then complain when they ask you to take the weapon out of their building.

Just an opinion
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Lead Moderator
    Most people who ask to borrow a knife aren't expecting to get a machete. You might want to invest in a decent folding knife with a 4 inch blade or smaller for those discrete situations where someone needs to borrow a knife in public. JMHO
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If it's not posted don't ask, don't tell, and for heaven's sake don't pull out a pigsticker in a public place!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I carry three knives on most days.

With that said, I don't give someone my "Heart Tickler" when they ask to borrow a knife. I give them the folding pocket knife that resides in my pocket for just such situtions. It looks innocent, but looks can be deceiving in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing. The "Heart Tickler" and it's companion, as well as the bullet luanching weapons stay hidden.

Now that we got that out of the way, I don't stay where I'm not wanted. If you don't want my guns and knives that means you don't want me there. FWIW: you would be hard pressed to find the weapons I carry on my person, as I do tend to keep things concealed. It creates less hassle that way.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I would not let anyone carry concealed on my property, licensed or not.
    I can see why some one doesn't want a person flashing around a huge fixed blade, but you would object to someone carrying a firearm with a concealed carry?? I have to say...if you own a business you wouldn't have any of mine and if you are talking about your friends, I wouldn't be one of those either.. Being here I guess YOU carry concealed. I would not deny any friend from carrying concealed if they were permitted and I would also not expect any real friend to deny me the same.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I can see why some one doesn't want a person flashing around a huge fixed blade, but you would object to someone carrying a firearm with a concealed carry?? I have to say...if you own a business you wouldn't have any of mine and if you are talking about your friends, I wouldn't be one of those either.. Being here I guess YOU carry concealed. I would not deny any friend from carrying concealed if they were permitted and I would also not expect any real friend to deny me the same.
    What he said.

Biker

95% of the time I carry a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. When I hunt I carry a Shrade Old Timer Sharpfinger (<4" blade) or similar small skinner. A smaller blade is just more useful and practical. Big knives , big guns and oversized pick-up trucks have always make me wonder if the guy isn't trying to make up for physical shortfalls! Wanting to show it to everybody almost makes the argument.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links