Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit.

This is a discussion on Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All that matters is if the act of using a large fixed blade to section a pizza was a spectacle in the eyes of the ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Local establishment refusing to acknowledge ccw permit.

All that matters is if the act of using a large fixed blade to section a pizza was a spectacle in the eyes of the property owner, which it appears that it was. Unless you live under the "gnat line," I opine that you'll likely get a similar response at many a place.

Where do you live btw? I have been curious ever since your post about the roughness of your neighborhood, a lack of PD response to calls for service there, and the perceived need to carry seven knives.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Moga View Post
    Where do you live btw? I have been curious ever since your post about the roughness of your neighborhood, a lack of PD response to calls for service there, and the perceived need to carry seven knives.
    I think our friend is the reincarnation of Gecko45.

I am not at liberty to say where,only that you can think Auburn.Wheeling.Southside.TIPs old neighborhood.I got involved with bad stuff,and am in the process of moving back home to north Georgia.Not much police response up here either when you live 15 miles from town.

VIP Member
    So let me see if I understand this. In Georgia you are issued a permit to carry a weapon be it knife, gun or whatever?

I must really be behind the learning curve here.
    I live and work in a war zone and don't carry seven knives hell I don't even carry a big fixed blade. Glocksin you can't post a topic like this then get defensive when members question what you did. If someone whipped out a big fixed blade in my presence I would be watching them closely wondering what they were doing. I am not knocking you, carry and do what you want to do but whipping out a Kabar length knife in the middle of a bowling alley and then wonder why you attracted attention? I have seen very few problems that could not be solved with a normal pocket knife from cutting pizza to self defense that would not cause nearly the hoopla that a big fixed blade would. But to each his own.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Is it too much trouble to ask the propietor for a rolling pizza cutter or a butter knife to handle the pizza?

You had to whip out a hog sticker you carry for defense and then argue with management over legal technicalities of concealed carry?

Just wow.

Wait, you used a 7” Rambo knife to slice a pizza in a public establishment?
    By all means carry it where ever it’s legal, but use common since!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    So now its a spectacle? I guess cutting pizza is a crime,.wow,maybe its illegal to eat it.A knife is a knife,why should i not be able to carry it?
    So what would be so different about your little folder? You pull it out,you use it for a legal purpose,and put it back.How was i brandishing? You sound like the manager from the other night.
    This isn't about cutting pizza but unsheathing what many will perceive as excessive and dangerous. No one is going to bat an eye at a small folder or a Swiss Army knife. You start pulling out something that looks like it belongs in the movie First Blood and you're going to get scrutiny. Just because you are allowed to carry it for defensive purposes doesn't mean you can or should pull it out for any old reason. It's one thing if you are at a backyard BBQ with friends or camping, but completely another in a public setting like a bowling center. Common sense and reasonableness have to come into play here. I won't pull out my 3" folder in certain places not to draw attention to myself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I think Glocksin is taking too much liberty in thinking it is ok or normal to unsheath a 7" blade in a public place let alone a bowling alley and not expect to draw attention and possibly be removed.

Is a mall missing its ninja?
    +100.

So there I was OCing my 155 howitzer to the rotary club and...
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Brandishing" is a matter of intent, not just exposure. It must be used or exposed in a threatening manner to be considered brandishing. Reaching for an item on the top shelf and inadvertantly exposing your concealed IWB firearm/knife is not brandishing. Pulling back your shirttail to reveal your holstered firearm to warn off someone can certainly be considered brandishing.

Common scense should prevail, and in this case, I don't think it did. In trying to step forward and make a point, the OP took two steps back for all of us.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

But i dont see how it was threatening.Im trying to better understand the thinking here.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    But i dont see how it was threatening.Im trying to better understand the thinking here.
    Good luck with that.

Distinguished Member
    People don't know you from Adam. All they see is some guy pulling out a big knife to cut pizza. Big knives scare people, especially people they don't know and trust. They don't know your intentions and since you pulled it out for such a minor thing what else might you pull it out for?

If you were my friend and you pulled it out I'd probably of smacked you upside the head and told you to put it away. It's just not appropriate.

Do you also pull out your ccw to help someone pound in a loose nail?

who whips out a 7" fixed blade knife indoors to cut pizza?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Chainsaws work well on pizzas too.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links